Alternative Joint L1 taskforce Q2 idea

Dude post something constructive let’s move on you think everyone is rabbi. Move on

4 Likes

@RabbiJebediah and I agree on some things and disagree on others. His point here is 1000% valid. We need probably 30-40 Devs working in groups on various areas of the code/chain. The work has to be front loaded heavily as speed is important. To be clear, in no way am I saying that we sacrifice quality or oversight for speed. We can have both and the community pool has MORE than enough funds to cover Devs.

Expecting Devs to work for peanuts and have a world class blockchain is ridiculous. You cannot expect the BEST results possible for the LEAST amount of money. Period. Create the SOW. Assign it a budget. Hire the Devs. Pay them at the end of the various sprints for WORKING, NON BUGGY, FULLY FUNCTIONAL code.

I have been saying for nearly a year that this is a business. Every minute we treat this like a side project that you expect to spit out your winning lottery ticket is a minute closer to failure.

6 Likes

Please guys dont stay fighting here, please only discuss about the proporsal

Is yes for me, i think this is the way to let back all the drama and start again, come on guys, if we dont agree in anything the chain, the coin and all is lost, please lets move forward

1 recomendation for the next quarter, 2 make a roadmap what have to do the q3 and publish ans discuss this 2 months before the q2 finish to have time and dont stop the work never, at this time i think the developers have to be working and all have to be approved (of course we can make corrections) but i think we have to move forward together and let back the problems or all we are lost

Yes for me!

2 Likes

In general I like this idea. Online conduct is a big thing and great to see included, we have seen it can rip a team apart with untold damage to our image. Are any of the Trial team already contributing work to the chain, and have they been approached and in acceptance of the financial offer as per your proposal?

1 Like

This is not a completed proposal.
I have spoke to members of the current L1 team and was awaiting more feedback.
I was hoping that the current team would take into account the collated community feedback and also speak to the trial devs so see if they could be intergrated as into the team as they are ready and waiting to go.
Hopefully they consider a different approach.

1 Like

You will also need to explain how the code of conduct will be enforced, consequences of of such behavior and how it would be policed.

1 Like

This was an idea from twitter thread

This will open up a new risk factor for any dev waiting to get paid - having done the work, but then derailed by social watchdogs not liking one or the other point.

It also brings in an extra step of micromanagement.
Voters voting based on emotion. I.e. - price didn’t increase/my bags dipped etc. notions. I vote NO now.

We aren’t offering any job security nor benefits, we offer “tips” and we are taking on contractors.

Micromanaging of social engagements should not be anything that a chain governance engages in directly.

5 Likes

Its getting too complicated and totally unactionable. Our governance grant system is not designed to work with milestones and such. We need to accept this limitation.

Management like this is too costly both legally and in terms of money. TGF is the best proof. We wasted a ton of money on oversight and project managers and the results are still poor.

We need to try something new at this point - Lean down the team and procedures like Ravmbbi suggested. In case there are shortfalls, we are still saving money this way. Not to mention there is 0 additional paper work and legal entities required. Developers are not hourly paid farm workers - they know what to do, how to plan their time. All they need is a scope we want.

We seem to forget we are getting expert CONTRACTORS not hiring a mcdonalds crew who need all the prcesures laid out.

6 Likes

Leaning down is not what should be done.
Scaling up is the way.

No matter what vocation in life you have - two heads are always better than one, especially if you have detrimental amount of work ahead.

(Unless you are dealing with fat that has no value. Freeloaders and such.)

4 Likes

Yeah i mean a pm in this case is a unneeded load. Lean i mean LEAN management that all the modern companies are using. Anything not needed goes.

2 Likes

Well said. :+1:

The leaner we can get the team, the better. They’re all senior devs, they can self-manage/direct.

I agree, but I think in this context “lean down” means not burdening the team with useless managers. Keep it down to devs only, but scale it up when funding allows.

1 Like