Amend Tax Structure to Better Capitalize Community Pool

I like the idea but I still don’t think it will be enough. The reason is that, I’m assuming your calculations include the burn from Binance? They have made it pretty clear that should we stop burning/lower burning on chain they would also lower their burn. The average volume over the past 7 days has been 31Bn. That would provide 32mill LUNC to community pool everyday, with this proposal in place. That is roughly $140k a month (at the current price of LUNC). We need a strategy that better funds the chain, through a prolonged period of low on chain Volume. As our tax is related to volume, lowering undelegation times might attract better tax revenues, but it could be a risk to chain security. 5 day undelegations with this tax proposal could be a good idea?

Jason these calculations do NOT include the Binance burns. They are solely based on the on chain tax revenues.

Properly funding developers makes a lot of sense. I would prefer that we target a higher rate to raise more than the prospective TR budget requires. I appreciate the work TR has done but I also think it is important to bring in other developers.

Swocrates this proposal is not meant for funding any specific group. It’s simply meant to capitalize the community pool to a sufficient degree that we then have more options at our disposal.

You cannot compare this blockchain with bitcoin. Bitcoin is backed by many millionaires.

Funding for developers shouldnt be paid with tax, we should get funds in different way

I support less burn and better allocation of tax. Build More Build Less

1 Like