Community Funding Proposal for {REDACTED} Sports Partnership

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes…

1 Like

I’m thinking it has to be a baseball stadium in a warm climate. Dodgers, maybe? Assuming it’s a major market… this is a no brainer.

2 Likes

Can we look into onboarding more folks from Asian countries rather ( Like India, the Indian Premier League ), We can get a deal done for 1/4th of the asking and get more eyeballs to it?

5 Likes

Great proposal, Terra currently has next to no marketing in traditional media outlets and this follows the crypto.com example neaty (which I think was well accepted)

The proposoal is missing a crucial detail around impressions. Specifically, I’d want to know the total amount of reach or yearly visitors the [REDACTED] franchise venue will have. TV impressions are not as relevant as venue visitors as they have a much more visceral experience.

1 Like

Great proposal to support and good way to enter the next growth stage by scaling via partnerships. Plus this provides the stage at a later stage to advertise Alice etc. (the “Cards”) via the brandspace/screens/videoscreens. Similar to what google did with their digital advertising network.

Fully supportive and getting onto the playing field with FTX and Crypto (which are exchanges) but we have a greater product offering. Let the games begin …

Fully supportive. Thank you @dokwon & team for the work and ethics. I think its worthwhile at this stage to highlight and praise your guys professional, hard and transparent work in the context of recent events in other DeFi DAOs - here at Terra: highest professional standards. Thank you for that! Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Love the idea! Please make sure the swag looks awesome :v:

2 Likes

“Once the partnership is approved, we will begin discussions to implement UST as an accepted currency in venue transactions.” - is there a clause that guarantees this? Penalty if it is not implemented within the lifetime of the sponsorship?

4 Likes

I welcome this proposal positively, sports partnerships are a proven and very successful marketing strategy and will help greatly to get the message on Terra out there.

I do doubt whether it will onboard a lot of normies, Terra’s applications are still very techie for average Joe. However, I do see a lot of conversion potential coming out of this deal in the b2b market for treasury- and cash flow management.

If our exposure is only Terra branded, I would love to see easier onboarding applications native to Terra (like Alice) that average Joe can use to get into this amazing ecosystem and say TradFi farewell.

1 Like

Like the vision and the audacity, and agree this is an opportunity worth grabbing.

However, have we given any thought to risk / risk management / risk mitigation ?
I’m sure certain people will see this as a direct attack on and threat to the USD…

This is excellent for brand awareness and the investment is reasonable. This feels far more reasonable and optimal in comparison to naming a stadium. This can create memorable experiences for those who attend an event in this club.

My only feedback is that it feels as though the trustees are being overpaid. Unless there is a special function on their part, I don’t quite understand why they are being paid “So” much.

3 Likes

I love the idea of bringing advertisement to the masses, Crypto.com has been doing it and it has worked very well for them, but they also have a very consumer friendly app. I assume that we will have some degree of control of what ad plays during the contract and that it won’t have to be the same thing all year round.

Would it be possible to also use this space to advertise consumer friendly terra apps such as Kado, Alice or other that I’m not yet aware of?

Even if we as the community need to form some extra partnership with this entities, I believe that bringing awareness to Terra is great, but will see more value in bringing the attention of the masses to the consumer friendly apps with debit/credit cards, and the savings features, easily connected from their bank to Anchor.

7 Likes

May we ask for more details on the amounts used to compensate the trustees & enforcer?

No offense but this is a fucking stupid idea. Putting the Terra logo on a sports team uniform will do exactly nothing to encourage Terra adoption.

Terra is a solution to a problem: stable coins. By all means, advertise Terra in places where people who are looking for stable coins are likely to hang out e.g. crypto exchanges and crypto forums. There is absolutely no purpose to advertising through a sports team because the overlap between the people who see the advert and the potential target audience for Terra is almost nil.

4 Likes

Any marketing is good marketing at this early stage. This sports team having their own television channel certainly helps. Being a sponsor to a real world sports team will also build confidence among the normal crowds.

I think we should definitely involve UST there somewhere, like paying for tickets, etc. Figure out how people can easily convert their USD to UST (via some fee-less on-ramp and a simple app) and give them some incentive to do that (cheaper tickets, +APY for keeping money in UST in that app, etc), and this can certainly get us the desired results.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Sounds amazing,
But I have one fear: How you consider regulation changes? For example in some countries of Europe became ilegal to be sponsored by online gambling companies. Did you consider that with crypto companies in USA?
Good luck to all Terra community!

This is one of the best ideas in whole DeFi to achieve mass adoption of ‘crypto’. Congratulations!

1 Like

You should finish reading before you start a rant.

“Once the partnership is approved, we will begin discussions to implement UST as an accepted currency in venue transactions.”

This will do A LOT to encourage Terra adoption. By using the stable coin.

It gets very clear in @dokwon’s post that this whole things initial thought is not just putting the terra logo on LED-walls.

There will be quite a few people sitting in this venue holding crypto already. Now just imagine a 30-60 seconds long video which show you step by step how to switch the crypto you already hold to UST, how to send it to Terrastation and pay for your food, drinks or merch right now.
People will get used to this, get more familiar with swapping and the use of stable coins while being taught about this ecosystem and the magic behind UST. I love this.

This is an excellent post @dokwon . Had a few questions below:

1. How do you think about downstream impact attribution? What actions do you want visitors to take as a result of branding? I.e., for existing UST holders, will you incentivize them to do [payments/commerce/etc] while in-stadium, or attract net-new UST holders to Terra as a result of this brand awareness building strategy?
  2. There doesn’t seem to be exclusivity in this arrangement (I saw co-branding alongside other Fortune 1000 in the proposal). Would it be more valuable to pay a larger amount for exclusivity, or does brand placement alongside other household names lift the boat in a rising tide? Since there isn’t exclusivity, are you thinking of running the same playbook across multiple leagues/sports/teams?
  3. I appreciated your views on DAO Treasury Management. This initiative seems like part of a broader MDF (Marketing Development Fund) initiative, so curious how you think on risk/reward/return vs other initiatives you are considering.

Thanks! -
@kishandao

2 Likes

Do,

Congratulations on the massive success of UST/Luna so far, and obviously this is just the start.

That said, I strongly believe, based on BILLIONS of dollars (of my own biz ad spend) of direct to consumer ad spend that that you are wrong thinking that the “Terra club” and Terra education videos will help increase UST adoption.

Please, before you dismiss me as an internet troll, please keep reading because of 2 reasons, I am a MASSIVE luna holder/Do Kwon supporter and only want the best for my investment and the project…

but more importantly I am a co founder of a “direct to consumer” marketing business that my partners and I exited 2 years ago for more than a billion dollars. (not that is a lot of money to you, but I simply saying this because my background is in this exact subject). I would also be happy to go over the company and our projects (wins/losses) in a non public format so that possibly you can tweak the strategy to something that is more likely to generate UST adoption/massive ROI on the $40m UST spend.

In a nutshell, as you know, money follows yield.

And in marketing, the simplest solution to the biggest problem will be the winner.

What is the biggest problem facing the general public? no savings account pays any reasonable yield.

What is the easiest, best solution for a “real” return on your savings? obviously being plugged into anchor earn.

I’m not telling you anything you don’t know here :slight_smile:

Moving on, “Terra education/branding” will do very very little to get more money into UST/Anchor Earn.

It’s too many steps. People don’t want to learn, they don’t give a fuck about terra, they want a result. They really don’t want to watch videos on money while they are getting shitfaced on beer, eating hot dogs, and watching their favorite sports team. what a boner killer!

No one wants to do a lot of exercise and diet, they want the one magic secret pill or gadget…

The biggest adoption of UST/anchor earn will be people being in it WITHOUT even knowing its full inner workings via products like Seashell, Kado, Alice, Beema, Outlet, and the others I am missing …

While each of those has a different marketing strategy to pull in customers, whats most important right now is that ONE of those products hits a marketing “winner” and the money will come in fast and furious.

Then, as more and more money moves in the other cards will tweak their marketing efforts based on whats working and more and more money will flow in.

As more money flows in, the marketing becomes easier, because the TRUST in the yield increases as more people talk about it, and experience it.

Please, I believe so strongly in this, from billions of dollars of ad spend, branding Terra will not help, we need marketing showing the problem (no savings available) and offering EASY solutions.

Blockchain education is a waste of time, no one cares, solve the publics problem simply, and easily. :slight_smile:

I hope that this makes it to your eyes, and PLEASE can I help with this, I feel VERY strongly about it from extensive personal experience.

10 Likes