How to properly enable «OFF-chain» burning of LUNC and USTC

It’s a CLEAR NO from me on this proposal. First this is seeking a 0.2% off-chain burn. I believe we should do the 1.2% burn tax again if pushing for off-chain IMO. Also our tax is currently split 90/10% so we only burn 0.18%, so to match the off-chain push you would need to ask only for 0.18%.

The primary reason it’s a CLEAR NO from me on your proposal is the blacklisting. Your method of convincing exchanges is not good as it centers on blacklisting. The community just voted to strongly reject the concept of blacklisting wallets by a near unanimous vote. You would be asking for that code to again be revived and applied to exchange wallets.

Here’s a quote from your Medium article which was posted on 23 April 2023 (your original was posted on March 24):

"3. Our solution for safely enabling “OFF-chain” burning

We suggest using a “partial blocking” system for dissenting exchanges.

If the exchange refuses, its addresses will be blacklisted, after which sanctions will be applied against the exchange.

Specifically, by sanctions, we mean disabling the ability to receive incoming transactions on the exchange’s wallets.

This is the best solution, as it harms the exchange specifically, not its users. Users will be able to withdraw their coins, but no one will be able to deposit them, and this deprives the exchange of one of its main functions.

Also, thanks to this, users will not be able to switch from one exchange to another for the sake of a lower commission, thanks to this, the exchange that turned on the burning will not lose its users."

I have read your reasons why to do the blacklisting, and how it’s technically different from what TCV proposed and was rejected, but none are convincing to me.

I believe my plan is far superior, it has a better tax (1.2% off-chain, and 1.5% on-chain), and has a better mechanism to achieve exchange support. Blacklisting can turn them all off. The very concept is against our chain. We shouldn’t be blacklisting anything. My plan is to encourage and use incentives to gain off-chain support. That’s what is good and that I believe will work properly, as I detail in my plan: Final Vision Plan for LUNC to $1+.

2 Likes