LocalTerra: P2P decentralized Exchange for Terra

Unlike other exchanges that manually pair buyers and sellers, LocalBitcoins allows users to connect directly. LocalBitcoins is a decent platform to go to purchase bitcoins when you cannot locate the payment methods you demanded somewhere else.

However, rates are typically higher on this website, and you need to do your due diligence to stop being scammed.

Hi Sam,

Hope all is well.

Could you please provide us with an update? Your project is overdue and we have no heard from you once since approving this proposal.

1 Like

Also curious if there’s an update? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @somethingelse and @octalmage.
You are right, we’re (a bit) late but not by that much.

We’re working around the clock with limited resources, which we plan to mitigate pretty soon with our LBP later this month.

Nevertheless, we’re making progress. Most of the protocol is done and the UI is almost feature complete.

We’ve been posting a few updates on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/local_terra
You can also check our repos at: Local Terra · GitHub
And here is demo that we’ve published a month ago: LocalTerra - Development Update - YouTube

We’ll update this post soon with our LBP details and future major updates about Local Terra.
Thanks!

2 Likes

even i live in country where i could use bank, i refuse to do so for moral reasons, so p2p trading is only way i can touch fiat, we need this real bad, love the effort! my support!

1 Like

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the links. It looks you have made some good progress.

I think the community has been plenty patient at this point. How much further development is left? What features do you need to add in to fulfill the original scope of work?

At the very least can we see the version deployed to Testnet as promised?

Checked your twiter, I don’t see any mention of an LBP upcoming?

Sam, I’m genuinely concerned, please start producing something tangible for the community to see or give us a full explanation of why you are late.

Do, with all due respect, there are quite a few countries in the world where at most you can get BTC on Local Coins… Let’s say you lived in Morocco. Would you sell your flat there against Bitcoin these days ?!

1 Like

Keep at it, folks

1 Like

Hi @Samuel_Barbosa,

I anxiously await your answer.

Hey Sir!

Sorry, we’ve been communicating a lot on our twitter and discord channels, it’s mostly where we’re focusing. It would be awesome to have you following our updates in one of these.

To your point, Testnet max 2 weeks.
The LBP was great (for me personally)! We raised ~215k UST in 3 days selling 75% of the deposited tokens, we put 70k of initial liquidity from our own money and 12 million LOCAL. That’s our full circulating supply atm.
If you’re a coder, please check our github we’ve been developing the protocol openly since the beginning.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience, our other channels outgrew this one by some orders.

Hello,

I appreciate that you have other communication channels but you were the one who proposed this to the community right here in this forum. I expect that following up about the proposal should be zero problem here.

How much further development is left?
What features do you need to add in to fulfill the original scope of work?

Why did you need to fundraise further and why didn’t you approach the community through Agora for this? Per your own words, you are not fulfilling the promise to the community that funded you.

2 Likes

Hello @Samuel_Barbosa,

We are now 13 months past from the original proposal. This project is now 5 months overdue.

Let me clear, I am not merely looking for updates, I am looking for answers. You took money from this community by requesting funds here and need to engage with the community here.

Leave your hype to twitter and discord. Give real answers here please.

Thank you.

Sorry for the long time, even lost this URL but now I found it again. The dApp is Live on Kujira, unfortunately we had to move chains after UST collapsed. Check it out at app.localmoney.io, LUNA will have a native integration soon according to the Local Core Team.

1 Like