Next Steps for LUNA/UST Holders: A Detailed Analysis

Why are you keeping UST holders pre-attack that sold due to the de-peg outside the group?
In your proposal you talked about a snapshot of before the attack, and a reimbursement plan according to the snapshot. I have featured your proposal in my post as well.
I am an ex-whale that lost it all. Sold most of my UST at $0.47, and bought with the rest Luna at $30 during the fall.
The right way to go is a snapshot, then a lawsuit.
What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Numair has made a valid point here and all ust and luna holders must vote against the Do kwons’s revival plan. I you go to terra. Money and watch the documentary, you will how the whole team is pitching about ust. Now they simply want to make a fool out of everyone.

Hi man thanks. I fully agree in a lawsuit against TFL, as their sold us a product (UST) that they claimed to be redeemable 1=1 with USD. It could make pressure to exchanges too, to refund UST holder. I love the idea! I’m in

5 Likes

from whitepaper:

In this case 1 UST = 1 USD worth of LUNA
If the ads stated otherwise (e.g. on CEX), they were misleading, but I have never encountered any other narrative from TFL or community members who understand this system.

4 Likes

being the owners of UST all over the world it would take a unique “clss action” all together.

7 Likes

Fear must change sides…Arrogance has a price

1 Like

Sorry guys, but were Luna and UST bonded? Was UST pegged mainly by Luna, due the algorithm mechanism? If so I see no prioritization due the fact Lunas were meant to maintain UST peg. UST would not exist without Luna. Is it right?

2 Likes

Good idea :fist:

1 Like

Need to be all UST holders prior to depeg. There could be user who bought $UST to be specifically put into Anchor prior to the weekend of the depeg to then suffer this horrible mess.

Also, need to organise some coordination on the matter as the users are spread globally, getting users in each different country to report and act not going to produce much result. Better to have 1 legal representative for all UST holders who agree to this action, regardless of where they are located. At the end of the day, I think it depends on where TerraLab is registered and only that country have the legal capacity to handle matters.i.e. if TerraLab is registered as a business in Singapore, then it needs to abide by the Singapore business regulations and laws and all court matters would be handled in Singapore too. The rulings made in Singapore would be applicable for all creditors, regardless of their locality/nationality…but I’m not too sure. Need the specific legal advise in this matter. I’m just thinking, what if that user, so happen to be the only Anchor UST user in his/hers country, which could probably be a impoverished country and doesn’t really have much precedence in dealing with an international case such as this? That user would be left out. Plus, there is the matter of legal costs too…I suppose, if really pursuing this route, UST users could group up, agree to split the costs amongst them (which hopefully is no more than 15 or 25% of their redeemable value). I mean, this would take time too, years probably, but if successful, to be able to get back 75% back of your UST promised value is better than none…

There are still details to consider, I don’t even know how much legal cost would be for such a case. But, if filed, I think it at least would prevent any asset sell off by TerraLabs or them just willy nilly making any decisions that could impact on the little value that TerraLab has now, in other words, freeze their assets now. And if like any startups of businesses and Do Kwon provided a Director’s Guarantee as well, then his assets will be frozen too and can be made to be counted as part of the compensation…I think…not sure, I’m just summarising all the stuff I heard from previous cases from other people’s experiences. As said, this requires some proper legal advice.

2 Likes

that is my take on it, I lost a quite a bit on LUNA, hoping I can buy this bad debt and hopefully get something back.

2 Likes

There is no way to take legal action, at least in Singapore. TFL is registered as a software company and not financial services under ACRA. Since no payment services have been rendered, they also do not need a license from the MAS to operate here in Singapore.

I doubt anything would happen.

Let’s manage Luna instead of LFG. Luna must be attached to the UST. The bad ones are gone. It’s just us. Let’s turn Luna into Dao.

Would you please clarify this up for cases where UST holders later sold them well below $1 on an exchange?

For example, I purchased UST a few days before the de-Peg and exchanged it for aUST. Yesterday, when Do Kwon’s “proposal” made it clear that UST was dead and that there was hardly any money left in the Luna Foundation Guard, I sold.

If cases like mine still have the rights you mentioned in your post, please clarify before some victims start buying back UST on the exchanges again in pure desperation.

Would also be useful to now if these rights also apply for people from around the world.

Thank you @numair

1 Like

Great thread and well written. Bumping this for awareness.

3 Likes

I panicked sold at $0.20 worrying that UST would go to zero as Luna. How do I fit with this in your opinion? I invested on a trust of a stable coin to peg $1. I dont think I should be punished/left out for trying to protect my life savings. Many thanks!

3 Likes

LFG announded that they will update the compensation plan soon. I will wait a few more days and do some legal actions if I need

2 Likes

Thank you for writing this out. As a UST holder for about 5 months, without selling a single one yet, it’s nice to read a perspective showing me that UST holders have some power. It’s fair to compensate 1:1 for all deposits and I think that with so many major players involved, and now Singapore congress supposedly calling on Kwon, I think we’re moving toward a rejection of the fork, Kwon finally being told, frankly, to STFU and sit down, and having capable hands reimburse stablecoin holders with foundation assets, which are really OUR assets anyways.

1 Like

Excellent write up. How can we proceed?

I think the rules should tied to Luna as the same with UST, they were bounded to each other. When UST depeg from the dollar, Luna token were heavily minted and sold for UST. That’s basically draining money from Luna investors away into Terra UST, if UST holders can be repaid by law, Luna shouldn’t be any different.

Great post Numair, keep posting ,

1 Like