Override on-chain governance for emergency proposals once supermajority of Yes is reached

The UST peg continues to struggle, while LUNA keeps getting diluted to infinity as this happens. This poses a threat to security at this point, as an adversarial attack could be carried by acquiring the rapidly inflating LUNA circulating supply.

Currently, a couple of on-chain proposals are endorsed by TFL and Do Kwon

But they both require 7 days to pass, which might be too long.

I propose that once (and IF) a supermajority of YES votes is reached on both, they are both implemented IMMEDIATELY with an emergency chain fork.

This will require a great deal of coordination among validators especially, but at this point we need to try to act as quickly as possible to prevent capitulation.

I am hoping someone picks this up and possibly puts this proposal on-chain (I can’t). I don’t know if this is truly the way to go, but I believe some sort of drastic measure at this point is required, and I am counting on the LUNAtics still left to unite in saving this amazing project.

2 Likes

In hindshight, this would have been the best course of action. You had to do an emergency hard fork twice anyway.
Would have saved a lot of pain.