This proposal is about the possibility of having contradictory proposals that pass by voting, negating the already passed proposals. This way, we would avoid the actions of individuals and groups going against the already established goals of the community.
The main problem with a definition of contradiction and a negation is that sometimes what people consider contradictory is debatable. Too much debate is not a good thing since it may waste everyone’s time, require too much effort and energy, and be counter-productive.
Therefore, we should focus on these aspects instead:
- The roadmap and milestones need to be well-defined
- Any proposal that is made has to be technically feasible.
- Any proposal that passed, is a part of a milestone, and is under execution cannot:
- leave the proposal’s milestone half-done or abandoned
- nullify the passed proposal
- change the goal of the milestone
The only exception is a technical difficulty that blocks its completion and development, and which was not foreseen or was overlooked by the development teams.
This way, we would have a more streamlined and less controversial process.
Please comment, I will finance this proposal should people be interested in passing it.