[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction šŸ’Š [PART I]

The other thing slightly filthy about the fatman proposal is it forces a fork. Basically rendering everything previous to the fork useless and completely devaluing anyone STILL holding on to UST or Luna.

2 Likes

This is why we must avoid destroying the reservations by compensating, but rather to take taxes/costs/etc ā€¦ to push the ecosystem to burn Luna.
Even if the investigators are in the boat, the others will be winning.

3 Likes

This is why we must avoid destroying the reservations by compensating, but rather to take taxes/costs/etc ā€¦ to push the ecosystem to burn Luna.

Only people who want to exit saying the opposite.
Getting some money quickly and then leave.

2 Likes

I would say that just simple plan of bailing out the UST holders without actually making the TERRA ECOSYSTEM to go on and moreover it wonā€™t be accepted by the community or anyone. Nobody will invest in such selfish motive and this wonā€™t gonna generate any trust. Nor any exchange gonna list it.

Devs are are not listening to the communityā€¦
This is really crazy

5 Likes

New to crypto world but I am a Financial Risk manager in real life. This is the most sensible proposal Iā€™ve read on the forum.
Ciao
W

4 Likes

Bumpā€¦

Bumpā€¦

The solution seems to be good. I was also thinking on a sell tax that would decrease in time, staking and also VESTING, to decrease sell pressure.
What I donā€™t quite understand is what would be the plan(what would happen) to UST peg.

I think theoretically what would happen is the Luna supply would shrink (which is the backing for UST) since the Luna price would then go above the marketcap for UST again (hopefully) it will then repeg UST via the normal mint/burn mechanics for UST/LUNA

NO ONE ANSWERED ME ON THIS TOPIC ABOUT AN ALLEGED 22B RESERVE YET

I remember Do Kwon mentioned that, itā€™s Luna foundationā€™s fund. it should be use in case of crisis, like this, but seems the team donā€™t want to use it.

That would happen only if the luna/ust mechanism is re-enabled again. When should we enable that?

unfortunately you cant give money to people who lost money in a crash - its unethical and illegal, would result in massive lawsuits. Agreed with some of the other points though. Best thing for people who lost money to do is DCA right now. 1 LUNA = 1 LUNA no matter where/when/for how much you bought it. Could go to zero, could go to a dollar. Its risky, just like when you bought before. A lot fo the people who lost money in the crash were already up 100x, to give them back their gains at the expense of someone elses gains isnt the answer.

3 Likes

They had NEARLY 30 BILLIONS in reserves and couldnā€™t use them to fix UST peg in the first place? It was evident minting all the LUNAs in the world wasnā€™t going to help there?

1 Like

this is something we want to talk to the team, and the project is losing confidence from supporters.

they want a way to skip the crisis, but we canā€™t do that at every crisis, fork is the stupidest solution ever.

fork will not solve the problem from attackers.

4 Likes

Basically with the inflation as I just saw on the internet, for Luna to go back to a dollar it would have to reach a marketcap 13 times as high as bitcoins. For 10 cents, it would need a higher market cap than bitcoing, and for even a penny it would need a market cap 70% of bitcoin, which is over 400 billion dollars. Never going to happen, not in a billion years.

The fork is the way.

Itā€™s the only way.

I understand the people who thought they were about to become billionaires and trillionaires by Luna going back up to a dollar or back to its ATH are going to be disappointed, but that was never going to happen even if literally the whole world got onboard with the burn.

Itā€™s like you completely skipped reading the proposal lol. Fork and you kill Terra and get the team in deep legal shit

3 Likes

supply needs to be bought at market and burnt, thats how we get to a dollar.

2 Likes

you mean with current supply or even if it is only a few hundred million tokens?

1 Like