[Proposal] for Classic: $UST debts are a bankruptcy. Those have to be burned first, only then $LUNA classic can be great

Exactly

Do kwon is an idiot. He needs to go and put someone competent in his place. creating a fork is an absolutely awful idea.

People - unite, it’s time to decide without Do Kwon!

Because he made us all suffer and does not hear us! He is narcissistic and thinks he can get away with his billions!

UST holders were thrown on the anchor! CZ said the fork would bring no value. You deceived us and want to do it again, and you have already done it before us under a hidden name. You should be brought to justice! I hope people are not too lazy and from all over the world will create lawsuits against you! Refund the cost, collect donations to reimburse smallholders!!! I will tell everyone and show screenshots about your sc@m! The Internet remembers everything!

We don’t need a block for 2 years, after 2 years everything will be forgotten, and you will evade responsibility.

After 2 years, people will get the same $0, because you don’t want to restore your reputation through the offer of Fat Man, CZ and Vitalik Buterin! Justin Sun already wanted to donate! Stop the fork! Save the small holders! You are rich, you have heaps of money!!! You jumped on the stage in front of the public and shouted - UST! UST! UST!

You say you’re a master, where? In what? In the sc@ms?

You promised that UST is a safe place to be! So confirm it, get our money back! These were all my savings for my life, now I’m naked, I’ve been saving for a very long time, people support with a like! :sweat::sweat::sweat:

2 Likes

What, exactly, do you mean by this?

I agree with and support this proposal! Way better than hard fork.

1 Like

I’m still unclear of what to do with off-chain UST. If ust is held in Metamask (ETH) as wormhole UST do they expect us to bridge this UST into Terra native wallet for a snapshot?

Raise capital one way or another. I was suggesting a VC raise - I know some people think it would be impossible, but the rewards for injecting ~$3bn to bail us out with my strategy would be huge - others have suggested that the UST debt can be auctioned off as a distressed asset / debt.

2 Likes

I agree with this proposal. The best way forwards is to continue the current chain, and buy back the debt. A fork would mean the end of Terra.

1 Like

Good idea!

With respect, your solution is no solution at all. Your starting point is that they get three billion dollars out of thin air. They have obviously tried everything to get VCs to invest, and they have failed.

This place is full to the brim of solutions which completely untenable. They just draw attention away from the few, extremely unpalatable, yet realistic, solutions.

/rant mode off. Apologies for being blunt.

1 Like

Erm, there was the second part of my short message where it was mentioned that the plan doesn’t have to depend on VC funds.

Naturally, a bail out has to occur. Because a hard-fork will fail and cause legal ramifications that kill Terra.

Where the bail out comes from, and how many months it takes to buy back all the $UST, is the variable.

My starting point is not “get $3bn from thin air”. My starting point is acknowledging that no recovery can happen until the 11B $UST debt is repayed. Therefore the only logical place to allocate capital is to re-purchasing and burning the $UST, by heavily incentivising burning $UST without minting $LUNA.

My last comment on this. The reason I replied to this thread is that I’m genuinely mystified by your thinking, and that of others, and I wanted to try to understand where you are coming from.

That comment is baffling. You’re saying something really bad will happen unless there is a bailout, therefore there will be a bailout. I don’t know how to respond.

As of now, there is no bailout. There is no sign of a bailout. TFL has almost no money. We have to agree on a plan based on those facts. There’s no point in talking about plans based on a different set of facts.

1 Like

False, I am saying that for there to be a recovery, there of course has to be a bailout. So, any recovery plan has to include bail out plans. Yet again though, you are 100% straw-manning my argument by claiming that we need “$3bn out of thin air” to start the debt repayment phase.

LFG has >1.5bn UST and other assets. I’m surprised that you can’t see that starting a process of burning <1% of $UST holdings per day is entirely possible, and even just off existing assets that would be a significant start and get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Then, there’s the option of auctioning the $UST debt as a lockup yield bearing instrument, which would again not need VC bailout money to execute.

Only after the ball is rolling would it make sense to try and raise $ again - obviously there is no VC that would allocate to Terra in their current scenario - I mean they are suggesting a hard-fork where $LUNA is inflationary and there are no stablecoins pmsl :joy: If they pivoted to a debt repayment plan, they might just find that someone would back them for pennies on the dollar and voila. If not, on with creating incentives for a community burn of $UST!

Every single recovery plan assumes bailout money will come in once Terra gets rolling again, whether that be on a fork or on the existing chain. So it’s unclear why you’re attacking these plans because they’d require capital to be allocated - duh! The point is, once the ball is rolling and market can start gaining confidence in $UST finding its peg, it becomes self-fulfilling. Not so for a hard-fork with none of the attractive features from Terra V1! Though I get where you’re coming from. They’re bribing all the devs to use the new chain so Terra V1 is f**ked.

1 Like

Totally agree. Fork just make shit.

A good proposal, I think the issue with Do Kwon is implementing these proposals by the community would antagonize the devs and builders. They need money to survive etc. Say for example we do a fork, maybe changes to Luna V1 could be implemented just before forking so that builders which are still building on V2 can continue their work, whereas on the the V1 side the equilibrium of the UST peg can occur naturally over time if there is a transaction burn function implemented in tx on V1…

Can remigrate back once, the peg has been restored and bring all the newly develops apps back to V1.

1 Like

Just FYI. If we implemented a bit bigger fees and some burning mechanism into trade - alread ywere burned hundred millions of Luna.
Fork is doomed even before it deployed :slight_smile:

I do fully agree with you @Grandpa and @Paul_Leprecheur that we need incentives if devs are to continue working on V1. While I don’t know where those incentives should come from, that needs to happen on any successful chain, particularly if we are trying to revive a zombie chain. I think offering locked up $LUNA rewards is the most sensible thing here, since during $UST debt repayment $LUNA should still be cheap to acquire. Devs need liquid reward too, however.

@Magelanas That’s Binance though, and CZ does not want to give us his profits. Besides, if there was a tax, transactions would reduce disproportionately - it would raise money but it would also kill on-chain activity and trading volume. Instead, buy back $UST and let the speculators dump their $LUNA into community hands. Then long term holders will be rewarded once the excess $UST has been burned and $LUNA can again be used to mint $UST.

@wellhat
That was too long, I didn’t read.
But I am curious: how do you expect burning UST or LUNA to add any value?

Yeap. Agree.Its must be done in parallel ways. Tax, fees, burning, buyback and etc. All stuff would have possibility to save Luna/UST. And some modifcations to protocol, not to happen something again.