[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

The interest was meant to bring in users to the network. Does not matter what they offered. They could have offered 10 Elephants. The fact is UST was a stablecoin and advertised as such while LUNA was a risk. Thus, this is an amazing proposal.

1 Like

My UST was in the Terra Station Wallet on Terra! I just didn’t have it staked on Anchor! It was just in the wallet. Does the snapshot apply to me then?

yea, ofcourse.

Did you reply to my question above? Or to someone else?

Also, what is the theoretical blocknumber that would be taken for the snapshot?

This is a solution, but there is a risk that if the proposal was passed while I was sleeping, allowing UST to be sent to TERRA for USDC, it would cause UST to skyrocket without knowing it.
Suppose I originally sold UST for $0.10, sold 50,000 of them, and received $5,000. But after this proposal was passed, BINANCE’s UST/BUSD price rose to $0.5, and at this time I had to buy 50,000 USTs at $0.5, which cost $25,000.
What if I don’t have the $25,000? I’ll end up with the $5,000 I had before. I don’t know if I didn’t understand it (I’m not good at English) or this is obviously unreasonable

2 Likes

that yes was for your question.

1 Like

I also support this proposal. you have to think about the people who lost money on ust. ust should be equal to 1$. but it fell. make a compensation to the people who held the ust before the start of the unpeg

It could cause a temporary price surge but if only people who held UST prior to the de-peg can claim this refund, non-UST holders have no reason to buy UST. If you wait long enough, you should be able to purchase UST again at a reasonable price.

if they dont solve the issue via burning luna for sure… I bought after they stopped minting… that was the signal to enter…
the suggestion to go back in time via snapshot and pretend nothing happened is nothing more than wishful thinking…
Luna holders are happy to be in for the gains when luna did 100x but don’t want to take the responsibility for the downside… People have warned about this scenario that played out with UST for months and months on youtube and twitter and your beloved founder has made fun of them and even offended them…
and for the people saying “i lost 400k, lets go back in time” → your 3-4k luna investment turned into 400k… you just never realised the gains" and thats ok… you have been greedy, its human nature… i lost 6figures in the bull market of 2017, because “hey i just gonna take my investment out once i hit 7figures” greed… Learned from it… and made it this bull run…
Only thing that should be fixed and compensated is UST holders who didnt sell, because if everybody did what they did, this whole thing would have never happened in the first place…

I know nobody wants to hear it, and if I was in Terra holders shoes I wouldn’t want to hear it as well, but what you guys are trying to do is cherry picking… risk was pubblic information on youtube and many different channels…

This is exactly why the buying back of ust is not a smart idea. You just highlighted the flaws in that method.

Don’t you think it was Do Kwon intention to begin with? I thought he meant to say that I appreciate the community proposal (in this case, yours) even more than his own.
I had read your original post before his link, and it is thanks to him that I have read it once again, and realized I like you proposition even more now that I see the most recent edits. :wink:

When someone sees the news, they will definitely smell the smell of making money, and they will have huge purchasing power. Coupled with the purchase of the original holder, the price of UST is likely to rise to the point where the victim cannot buy it. What should we do then? This problem is obviously a huge loophole

1 Like

I disagree completely. Luna was already de*d and gone by the time they stopped minting new tokens and you call that a buy signal? That’s ridiculous. Luna has become a meme coin.

This proposal accounts for people who currently hold UST and those who held it pre-crash.

So according to you, people should watch their life savings disappear in the hopes that TFL might issue a refund? Are you serious?

You can’t blame people for trying to save their “stablecoin” investment.

2 Likes

There will definitely be a short term pump, but UST won’t repeg because there’s 10b+ outstanding overhang and the buy pressure will be well under 500m.

Once the buy pressure fades after the initial megapump, UST will dwindle back down to affordable levels.

2 Likes

A lot of speculation. None of this is for sure. So the whole “buying back your ust” is a flawed idea. So much risk in that method. Have to be an airdrop of some kind

Well again there is no one solution that will satisfy everyone. I initially wanted like an redemption tool that you can just validate your terra station address and then spit out a USDC redemption amount. However that just means that if there is no UST that needs to be redeemed then eseentially ppl can profit on top of what they lost. So if I had 100K UST and sold for $0.20 and then just claim the redemption tool for another $100K USDC, I would have profitted by $20K.

In my last post I gave a scenario where the user would lose 5% at most but gain back 95%. Isn’t that a fair compromise already? Some are happy if they got back 80% back.

Now I can reuse the same example and flip it around. Lets say you had $50K UST and you sold at $0.15 and received $7.5K. Lets say the market price for UST is now at $0.10, then the person can buy it back for cheaper. It can work both ways and I am sorry but that is how it needs to work to prevent the scenario that I described earlier. Every action does have some consequences including myself who panic sold part of my UST. I fully understand that if this proposal did pass, I could end up paying more to buy back the UST IF this proposal passes. There is still no guarantee that this proposal passes and selling even at $0.10 at least guarantees you some money back.

1 Like

This would only work as long as the UST that is bought back through the repurchase program is not also burned. Otherwise the circulating supply would be reduced and speculators would drive the price up.

Good proposal. Thanks for the effort. What about UST locked on wormhole bridge?

@nawana1367 Would you like me to make a Discord group?

It seems fairly predictable to me based on how much money will be going in and out of the market, but yeah, the situation will be volatile. It’s not perfect but I think it’s the lesser evil. An airdrop will too heavily people who sold UST at any level since they will get a 100% refund on top of any proceeds from their sale.