[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

At this point I bet many insiders know the residual value of the funds left in LFG and I would also assume the trading of UST currently at near $0.15 means that the residual funds left divided by total UST left in circulation is at about that value. Going through the court process, you can divide that in half. We could very well be left with very little.

That’s great, let’s hope they accept this. I find you proposal wonderful, if we can do something as community to make noise on this, let us know!

1 Like

this, i sold at a big loss and i’m not gonna rebuy ust with the few $ i saved just to get fucked a second time if this proposition does not pass, if it does pass the price will skyrocket before we can react and are still doomed.
Snapshot the wallet predepeg or at 90c

4 Likes

Confirmation that the proposal is seriousely considered.

4 Likes

What part of that screenshot is confirmation?

Terra daily is not equal to TFL. I wouldn’t read much into this until TFL and LFG twitter accounts officially say they approve of this.

He was referring to Remi

Remi Tetot is on LFG council.

Where is Terra team? Where is Do Kwon???

Lack of communication from devs drives me mad! Same thing happened during the de-pegging disaster.

1 Like

Do you think that the current UST price 0.15-0.2 is somewhat people are pricing in that there is 1.5-2b worth of fund left?

1 Like

These kids are deranged I swear.

Dude.

One last time.

There is no such thing as snapshot. I m p o s s i b l e. Who bought when and who sold when and who bought off the guy who bought off the dude who sold to the guy who took a bath buying off the first guy.
Deposits are OPEN. Withdrawals are OPEN. LUNA and UST travels across the network like a swarm of bees. It leaves CEXes, it enters CEXes, it leaves again. As time draws on money changes hands. No possibility on this earth to do the forensics to track all that tx outputs back to their origin. Period. No snapshots.

This is the gutter and the end of your trail of thought. Not even discussed. Dismissed entirely. Another thing is, crook gonna be a crook. He / she is not just willing to come round but wants to book a gain from the conversion he / she made and THEN pocket refund he is due at the time of the snapshot.

There is no way to reward each category of buyers / holders / speculators equally. The market is running. Just borderline idiocy.

It has recently been favourable/ conservative to on-ramp into native-currencies, given inflation, interest rates, and the strength of the Dollar.
CREATED ACCOUNT TO MAKE THIS COMMENT

First refund priority should be GBT, KRT, etc. holders as it is such a small group of people, who may have also been an active participant in Anchor, although recently the value of the USD has risen and given us the opportunity to take yield profits into our native currencies.

• Terra Foreign Currencies were designed for retail UX, mass adoption, and the ability to be conservative with our funds. -

Regards,
Niall.

So for group 1 being on chain it’s easy to calculate cost basis then. You keep saying you can’t calculate cost basis as a result of exchanges. But you are not even including ust on exchanges as part of group 1.

Everyone including yourself who have defended this method have pointed out the flaws and risk. It is ridiculous that you think that rebuying ust is even an option.

The last person who sent a message just before this one from you actually point out exactly what we mean by risk. You have no idea now but he says you can take the risk of buying now or selling and buying later. This is basically the definition of risk since there are uncertainties. Rebuying is not an option if you think logically. And it isn’t necessary to get rude as people have reiterated this to you as well and you keep defending it with saying there isn’t a risk which there definitely is.

take it easy.

This is exactly what is needed. Thank you Fatman. Its a definite yes from me.

Can i ask a question regarding aUST that has been supplied to Protocols on Terra? I have some still supplied into Edge as collateral that i am struggling to now pay off as i cant get liquidity onto Terra. As the aUST was supplied to Edge when the snapshot would potentially be taken, would it still be eligible?

Hopefully they will open up the IBC transfers soon and i can get some money onto Terra and free my aUST!

I think it is in reference to the reply from Remi Tetot (Governing Council on LFG)

agreed that the snapshot should be at a much lower level than 99c around 90c or even 80c. The whale money needs to be eliminated from the snapshot in order to free up the most capital for all those that suffered. Most whale money is still in at 0.99.

2 Likes
16 Likes

This doesn’t work for crypto exchanges that pooled UST funds from users together into a single wallet.

For example, Okcoin allowed users to have UST deposited in their behalf. This resulted in Okcoin having a wallet of at least 12 million UST. Each of the users making up the larger wallet should be entitled to refund as if they each had a small wallet.

1 Like

Would there be a way to look at the large exchange wallets and separate them out by their Memo? They usually assign an memo to each individual user.