[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

@FatMan given that the language of the replies from Do-kwon and LFG has been underscoring UST that is currently being held, do you think there is a possibility that ultimately they will use the reserves for the holders that were holding prior to de-pegging and never sold until now? Seems like it is a possibility.

1 Like

My poor friend, we got diluted without any knowledge and everybody seems to think it’s normal, please be well my friend it’s only money :confused:

Agreed!

@FatMan why only anchor UST holders in your proposal?? Why not all UST holders in exchanges like Binance and Ku Coin etc.??? They need money as bad as someone held their money in Anchor.

Your proposal seems selfish….

2 Likes

Please can you answer about CEX UST buyers pre crash, do we have to buy back, are we even gonna be compensated at all ? Thanks

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest here, your plan seemed dramatically better than anything coming from LFG or Do. So not sure there is a team more qualified. Unless the goal was to only help VC/whales and let all the little guys take 100% losses.

I hope I’m proven wrong here, but thanks again for fighting the good fight.

I am writing through a translator, I apologize for this in advance. My idea is that every network that worked with UST on farming, such as PancakeSwap, AlpacaFinance, etc., would pay their holders the full amount at the expense of their internal funds (of course, when voting) this would reduce the number of victims and set a trend for mutual assistance of the crypto community as a whole.

That’s not the proposal. As I understand it, it would still include CEX holders who didn’t sell (at least in my preferred version) though this would require exchange cooperation to verify. Major exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken would seem to be trustworthy enough.

1 Like

Thank you. I certainly think a representative from LFG should be in here duking it and helping us figure out a viable distribution solution alongside the community instead of creating this elitist divide.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same. I Had UST ion anchor, tranfered to a CEX on the 12th. Sent back to anchor on 13th

You’d have to whitelist a list of whale addresses that are actually entities like Binance/KuCoin staking and hope the exchanges do the right thing. I guess it’s sort of possible but a bit of an extra mess.

And one could argue people using Anchor were the ones doing things ‘right’ rather than using CEXs.

2 Likes

Thank you for fighting for us, sir. You r my hero no matter how the outcome will be

2 Likes

pretty sure anyone from LFG would just get spammed death threats.

Not everyone is open to trying to fix or help the problem get slightly resolved.

1 Like

Would people that moved UST after de de-peg and sold at a 90% loss be elegible for the reimbursement?

3 Likes

I think we need to slow down a bit and identify all of the ways in which we can stretch the reserve to be as efficient as possible, even if it takes a bit longer. We also need to identify all of the ways in which we can raise capital for the reserve fund i.e. donations/acquisitions of new equity. When we thought the reserve was anywhere from 0.75B-1.5B we could afford the lesser of evils approach of allowing UST to be bought back for the redemption, but we cannot afford this any longer. The lesser of evils, in my view, is now to sacrifice complexity for the efficient use of the funds so that those who sold and rebought lower are not allowed “double compensation” or the like. Thoughts @FatMan? I respect your opinion greatly, but do you see how the cost/benefit calculation of each approach has shifted?

3 Likes

So if there is about ±90 million ust to compensate. And we start with the wallet holding before depeg and smallest wallets first. How many would be compensated and what would maximum level of holdings be? Anybody calculating? :wink:

I understand and like the idea but as someone that’s worked with trying to process multiple chains, exchange outputs, etc., it’s a huge and extremely expensive process. Probably 1 to 2 orders of magnitude more than you’d expect. It might cost a significant amount of the remaining reserves to do this.

Makes sense, specially if one bought back (tempting but stupid speculation regarding how things were turning)…

I’m pretty sure they are just targeting the people with 100 or so dollars who got convinced by an influencer that this is the perfect way into crypto and still hasn’t sold.

I bet the cap is gonna be like 100 usd and about half will remained unclaimed

Other than the cap going down a lot I don’t see any significant changes that the reserve revelation makes to the proposal. I don’t see why we need to punish people who panic sold simply because there’s less money available. I see your point though and I wouldn’t absolutely hate it if the LFG decided to only refund those who held UST throughout and didn’t move it. The mixed messaging was just too strong and I would much prefer to include both groups equally no matter what.

1 Like