[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

wow, going to be another race to the exits on launch

1 Like

I guess LFG were planning to invest $10b in total in BTC right? I guess they could dip into their pockets for this!!!

1 Like

I think 5 is may and 27 is the 27th. being that it’s may 16th, it would appear I just got fucked one more time selling at 5 cents…

whould it be automatic or must one suscribe somewhere?

why? you think the new airdrop will have value? I wouldn’t doubt if this is one last ploy to pump so whales can unload again

1 Like

Yeah, I sold right before they pumped

so what now, ust going up and we still don’t know if we have to buy back for a refund, what a mess

Small UST holders = majority of Terra users. This is the best way to rebuild the community.

They were going to use Luna/UST to help fund these purchases. Obviously this can no longer happen.

1 Like

this is just a joke… he can’t be serious ahaha
People don’t give af about the new sh1tco1n… and he will also lock your brand new sh1tco1n for years lmao

3 Likes

This proposal is an excellent idea - and mirrors how the regular financial system does it.

I.E., all bank accounts in the UK are covered (by law) up to about $70,000 in case the banks go bankrupt.

We are all taught this from a very early age, that’s why rich people (i.e., the top 1% have portfolios consisting of such a wide variety of different investments. I believe for large portfolios, 2% into crypto is currently the widely accepted maximum. A smaller guy is forced to have a much more aggressive portfolio and higher percentage.

2 Likes

TBF luna and UST have become sh*tcoins already. Atleast the new token has a chance of having some value.

He has announced on twitter they will make efforts to reimburse UST holders.

1 Like

plz save me if fatman proposal go on.
i had my 4k UST on binance , sent to binance at the end of April and now i’m totaly ruined. include people like me in that proposal , maybe not 1:1 i’m still fine with 1:0,7
my wallet : terra12ewnnwt0t0kmxuf9zpua9725kg6g7le4pvldfx

My bad!

1 Like

What if you combine the debt token and repay the smaller wallets first. Lets assume the cap will be $1,000 USDC. Assuming everyone with less than $1,000 UST, will redeem it for $1,000 USDC. Everyone else would be screwed, though. But that’s where the debt token will come in place. Eventually, everyone with more than $1,000 UST would eventually be able to get their original amount in USDC with the debt token.

Then comes the question, who’s is going to be paying for the debt. AMMs could add another fee for every swap or split the fee up, differently. Where they will send a portion of the funds to a repayment plan, where they pay off the debt token. Could also work for marker makers where a certain % of the supply and borrow will go to the repayment plan.

With this plan, all the small holder would get re-payed back. You can then assume all the big holders will take the debt token and they’ll eventually get paid back. In a weird way, this makes more people use Terra more because most of people using Terra are the smaller holders. If all the small holders get paid, then they’ll be like no harm, no foul. So they’ll probably use the chain, again. Meaning they’ll do swaps. The more swaps there is, the more beneficial it would be for the people with the debt token, because they get re-payed faster. Assuming AMMs implement a fee which gets sent to a fund to repay the debt holders back.

2 Likes

Honestly, after this proposal in which there is no mention of reimbursing us ‘small people’ I think it is really over for us and our hopes. As I feared, with a refund Do Kwon would have no gain or interest. He does not care about reimbursing those who lost everything, only about having the glory of having his chain.

7 Likes

I agree! Let’s add it to the package. A solidarity fund with the debt token.

He mentions refunding ‘small investors’ in this twitter post.

What about LUNA coin holders. Why not they will be compensated ? What’s their fault to loose all of their money because UST holders decided to withdraw all their money to bring down luna holders to a 0. You must have invested in UST and that’s why you’re supporting the UST holders. What about luna holders. Who will return their money? The whole system was running by equal contribution of both luna holders and UST holders. IUSTholders were greedy to put all their money in there to earn extra income. They’re also taking a chance as the luna holders. This is one heck of a proposal to make whales more rich. You’re seriously out of your mind to pay up to 1 million dollars to UST holders and nothing to LUNA HOLDERS. ILL DIEIF THIS HAPPENS. WE WILL LOOSE $150,000 invested in LUNA

2 Likes

This has been explained a million times. Scroll up, you’ll find your answer.

Luna exists to keep UST on peg. It does not serve any other purpose.

Do you really believe Luna holders didnt sell after the depeg? How do you think Luna’s price crashed 99.99% in 48 hours if Luna holders werent selling?

Everyone ran for the exits. People who staked their Luna like me got f**ked.

3 Likes