[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

There a lot of discussions here but not much much happening and I even wonder if anyone here has the power to actually do something.
I had a fair amount of money in Anchor but my only course of action for now is to try cashing out what I can as I have already waited too much, Terra is already dead…

1 Like

Has Do Kwon or the LFG already communicated about this solution or is it just an idea at the moment?

Let UST die. Move on.

UST is a derivative of LUNA.

UST can be replaced when LUNA recovers.

The fairest way is to assume that you immediately sold it on Binance for the price at the time you made the transfer to Binance.

People sending UST to an exchange while UST was in freefall were almost certainly swapping straight out of it into another token or into fiat. It’s not necessary to track what happened to it after it arrived at Binance.

You realised that most of those wallets were the ones attacking your network and already profited immensely.

I think there might be a possibility to make small smart contract DApp in which users connect using their wallets (Terra, Eth, Avax…). The Dapp scans the history of the user transactions in different protocols and CEX (Anchor, Mirror, Abra, etc.,) and calculates the refund amount.

@FatMan
I believe that is important to perform some initial stats to optimize the input parameters of the refund (sold, number of users, etc…).
My suggestion is to really lower the cap amount per user, with the goal to reach a wider user base from different protocols, including luna/bluna… holder before the depegg.

Hello everyone, I think we need to agree on tranches with a ceiling that satisfies the maximum number of people.
Then all these discussions must come to a conclusion, we can’t stay like this for 2 weeks.
We can’t stay like this for two weeks. These proposals must really be implemented to avoid getting bogged down, as time will end up working against us.

2 Likes

ahahah what separates people who bought at $0.20 from the people who bought at $0.01? They all bought speculating believing that luna will recover and both are down -99%, so why should others get compensated and the others not… they both put in $1000… doesnt make sense… ahaha if terra tries to do that, they will get sued beyond a shadow of a doubt… and at the same time the people who made gains already sold profits and converted into fiat if they see a proposal like that passing… which will not happen anyway

1 Like

Would this take into account the funds that have been bridged?

If some of my USTs were sent from Terra to the BSC network after the depeg on which I sold everything using DEX, could this smart contract find my BSC address and thus calculate the remaining amount to be paid?

Could a fork be made ,as proposed by Terra, after the tiered repayment proposed by Fatman?

If the option of a a refund DApp is feasible, I think it would be possible to calculate the losses you suffered from selling below the peg…

We for sure need inputs/feedback from the terra team @dokwon, LFG, TFL… to refine and move forward with this proposal

This is an all or nothing proposal and it’s completely pointless because it won’t get any support from the LUNA holders. Imagine LUNA holders coming up with exact the same proposal from their point of view.

LUNA holders (pre/during/after crash) should discuss their proposals separately so we all come to a consensus.

Agreed here. i lost my 3000UST

I think by now discussion is more than enough, we need action. Let’s discuss what would be the next steps. 1) get reply from TFL/LFG & Dokwon, meanwhile set up a channel to gather how many victims and losses that need to be compensated. 2)demand financial authorities / police for fund freeze , 3) class action. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Agree

There are many who have both, LUNA and UST.
I join the proposal, although I recognize that it is not fair.
98% get all their money, how much get the terra wallet with more UST?.

As explained many times among us many had LUNA or tried to make money from it, too. We understand that buying a token such as LUNA you accept it can go up or down, or lost everything, while with a stablecoin (it was marketed until last minute as that) you are safe, no gain and no loss. That’s the difference. That’s why UST is a priority for refunds, as stated by CZ too.

2 Likes

For me, these are the solutions for UST holders:

1. I think we should have at least two bands for example for the first 150K 100% reimbursement and between 150K and 250K 90% etc… These are just examples of course.

2. Then make it happen quickly, we can’t afford to keep talking, another week, time will work against us all. Imagine for two seconds that the funds are blocked by some authority, it could take months at least to unfreeze the funds !

1 Like

I like this proposal more [Proposal] BURN and REMEDY tax with each LUNA transaction 💊 - #146 by HelloThere
As it gives the ecosystem a chance to survive

2 Likes

For folks that sold at closer to peg, they will make a huge profit with this proposal, even greater than the 20% yield. Isn’t the point of this proposal to make the community whole? That extra money/profit could go even further to those that actually lost. I’m sure folks can prove what they sold at since it’s on record. The proposal should include if folks sold then they would just need to show proof vs having to deal with buying back UST. What if they don’t have money to buy back UST if and when this proposal was accepted? Especially those that sold at the lowest? After all, they I’ve already lost everything and whatever they had left could have already been spent elsewhere for living?