[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

I love this idea and think it addresses most people that have been impacted by the depegging.

This proposal mentions that “all forms of UST on Terra would count in the first refund batch.” The mentioned services include DeFi platforms.

A number of CeFi platforms had added Terra to their exchanges. Would this proposal include UST holders in CeFi platforms?

That’s the best proposal I’ve heard so far about UST/LUNA.

• we repay 99.6% in full : the wide majority, the small investors, those actually running the software and those whose life might depend on getting back their money.
  • we use kwan proposal for redistributing 1B of the new Luna token to all luna holders 40/40/10/10, and then we continue running the blockchain

After all, the blockchain was invented to stop the power of banks. What will happen of terra if we betray such a basic principle?

3 Likes

So you’re saying that some depositors get 100% refund and some get 6%?!?!?!? That’s completely ridiculous.

1 Like

We should be guaranteed a way to buy back UST at the exact price we sold it for, in case the meme effect repegs it.

1 Like

As explained this is just an example, to stay safe he said 50$k, we don’t know exactly the amount available. We also explained that after receiving that amount which would be sure, other proposals will evaluate how to relaunch the token eventually, whether with fees, burning, or whatever, in which case you could get missing tokens from there or something like that. So there are two different things, here we are talking about giving back UST first to most people, then there are others proposals evaluating what to do next.

No way to do that, you can’t tell all exchanges “let me rebuy at the price I sold”, they didn’t force you to sell and nobody would be able to verify.

1 Like

No i can’t tell exchanges that but TFL can issue new UST at the price I sold them, just to compensate me.

in my opinion , this is the best offer . but I didn 't understand a little , if the money was in the anchor , will it be taken into account when taking the picture ?

So what for people like my self who got destroyed leaving our Luna and not selling it. We are screwed and I should just go buy UST now if I want any kind of money back even if it’s after the depeg like Do said at a lower percentage obviously then those who held it before hand?

Nope. Everyone gets same max cap in the beginning doesn’t matter if you put a billion or 1k.

Funds are limited.

A person with 800k has enough financial incentive to do a legal action.

Not a lot of people have 800k lying around in ust.

1 Like

How would that be possible? We aren’t saying that you idea isn’t better, we are saying that it’s impossible to apply. You would have to go to the court for that, in my opinion, which we could do if they don’t satisfy one of these proposals. If you have any idea on how to do, please say, but at the moment this is best and easier proposal we have.

Yes, it will.

No, obviously TFL would have to do this willingly.

Is there any legal pressure to go through with a proposal quickly, let’s say days or can this take weeks/months ?

1 Like

I like this proposal

I personally took a 100k hit on my portfolio. Even if I was made 50-80% full, I would be extremely happy with the outcome.

1 Like

Really like this proposal!!!

2 Likes

Liquidity providers on the other blockchains should be included in this proposal. I’m reaching out to some mods on Discord to ask if they can provide snapshot. Is there any reason they couldn’t/shouldn’t be added?

Why don’t we combine FatMan and Do Kwon proposals?

Liquidity left would redeem fully the small investors and holders of UST while the new tokens would compensate the whales. In that way, more tokens would be available for the whales as well, and the small investors would recover their investment and we could restore some of the damage done to the whole community.

1 Like

We have tried to get an answer from Do, because this would be the faster way, but at the moment no answer. If we aren’t satisfied we will have to move that way, which I imagine would require more time. If you all are interested please follow @FatManTerra so we keep in touch.

Nice video explaining the most popular proposal. Good job @FatMan

11 Likes