[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

agree …i have only 12.5k ust in anchorprotocol and this my whole life saving…please to somthing for us…1:1 usdc or usdt is perfect

I am not saying anything about “the priority for UST holders”. The point I disagree with is that people exclude people who bought Luna. We should be together nowadays. First UST then Luna but without fight and without exclude eachothers. Something like “new luna holders” “old luna holders” or “speculators”…

Please read carefully the thread, we said at the moment we don’t know exactly the available amount, so we said let’s say 50k$ to stay safe. You would receive these now and then others proposals could give you the difference in others forms, whether tx fees, tokens and so on. We are waiting for Do’s official doc

what about Luna stake holders?

1 Like

Folks, FYI: voting using the on-chain governance mechanism is MEANINGLESS on this proposal.

A proposal like this can only be enacted by TFL unilaterally because it concerns their funds. And they will only enact it if they:

1. See it, first of all!
2A. Understand and agree with the reasoning behind it voluntarily, or
2B. Are pressured by enough people or by law enforcement.

Continue getting the word out. We already have support from CZ of Binance and Vitalik of Ethereum. Voting here or in Terra Station is irrelevant to this.

9 Likes

The 250k is just an example/rough figure since we don’t know exactly how much TFL/LFG have remaining in the reserve. They should hopefully produce that amount for us within a couple days. But per the modified proposal, everyone gets something whether you are a whale or a small user. It’s simply weighted towards smaller wallets because it starts from the bottom up, so up to a certain cap for all. This is intended as just the first step in a series of restitution for UST holders.

1 Like

UST - Saver
LUNA - Investor

UST holder should be safe by LFG. I’m totally agree with @FatMan
LUNA investor should be safe too but in the other way.

From my perspective LUNA investor expected the price to the moon, if Terra doing good.

1. Use the rest of the reserve to buy back and burn LUNA
  2. Snapshot before depeg and redistribute newLUNA
1 Like

I agree, we aren’t saying others don’t deserve anything, we are just saying that with this proposal we are addressing UST before, then every good proposal is welcome, some are already working for later proposals for LUNA too. This is just the start, not a war vs you or anybody else

2 Likes

Then explain to me how we should consider the UST buyers at $0.5. Are they also buying it because it’s safe while it’s going down?

• I’m not saying the UST holders should not be compensated but giving them 100% and the LUNA holders 0% is “out of this world” unacceptable.
  • The UST holders who sold after the attack should not be compensated AT ALL because they are the ones who caused this mess. They should be separated from the rest of the UST holders.
  • The ones who kept buying after the attack are the ones who took the counter measures and the most losses.
  • The ones who bought LUNA after the chain halt and are buying it now for pennies should not be compensated. We should not reward opportunists who want a share of the pie while people commit suicide.
  • If FatMan is proposing this because the other options are too messy or too difficult to execute then we should look for people who are not afraid to do the hard work.
4 Likes

100% agree - let’s move this forward!

2 Likes

Some notes/thoughts.

• Vitalik agrees with my proposal! He is a brilliant mind and I respect him a lot. I think Do Kwon should listen and draft a response.
  • Don’t worry too much about the Terra Station vote, because it doesn’t matter. LUNA governance does not control LFG bitcoins. Even if we somehow got a 100% yes on this proposal in Terra Station, it would not bind Do Kwon to release the bitcoins to us. Those coins were purchased for the specific purpose of protecting the peg.
  • Now that we are including whale wallets in the proposal and adding a flat cap, we need to temper our expectations in terms of how much we can return to UST holders. I can’t run the exact numbers right now but the cap will be nerfed quite a bit. It will likely be under $80,000 per person. It will still achieve our goal of refunding most users. People with less money will no longer be in a dire situation and will be made whole. Whales will get a fair, equal nominal amount back.

I suspect we will find out how much of the reserves are left in a few days. I’m starting to get more optimistic about this proposal actually being enacted, since several big names like Vitalik and CZ are applying public pressure for this movement to go through. I don’t think TFL can ignore this much longer without revealing malicious intentions. At the moment I am leaning towards thinking they’re a bit slow rather than actively ignoring me. Let’s hope I’m right.

Thank you again to everyone for your support and patience.

17 Likes

If you say this no one would vote “yes” for this proposal. Luna holders are also victims like ust holders. Priority is UST Holders but no one will work together if you act aggressively… I know luna is coin and ust is stable coin which had to be $1 but everyone who is victim here should be saved. We can’t make everyone happy but at least we can make happy UST Holders and luna holders who bought bellow $5.

4 Likes

Now this proposal has support from @cz_binance, @VitalikButerin, @Maxwell_Maher. And many more to come.

Guys, keep this thread share everywhere and let everybody know! we will make it happen

7 Likes

I think he was referring to Do’s proposal, meaning this way we would only loss all the funds, we aren’t saying after this move we shouldn’t proceed finding a solution for others. This proposal isn’t in conflict with resumal with fees and so on, on a next step. We are all together, just giving priorities

I really like the idea of paying back only the initial deposit. I think almost everyone would be happy with just getting the initial capital back. At this point break even would be a win.

1 Like

Thanks for your support and updates, I’m trying to do my best too

2 Likes

Second this motion :ok_hand::call_me_hand:

To LUNA holders, this proposal is just a first step. After small UST holders get refund, the community sentiment will change drastically. That’s when LUNA can get higher again.

6 Likes

Link to CZ supporting it? I don’t see it

Well, I lost all my money in Luna, so I’ll oppose any proposal that singles out half the community. Good luck.

2 Likes