[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

Do’s proposal is likely just for the purpose of drumming up exit liquidity

2 Likes

Is this verified? How do the numbers break down? Can professional fund managers even legally hold others’ money in UST in the United States? The details of this claim would need to be researched and made transparent.

With UST bond holders debts paid off for the majority of users, a new LUNA v2 for LUNA holders would regain support and have a shot at recapturing a significant market cap. LUNA is clearly a speculative altcoin though and shouldn’t be treated the same as UST which was savings.

1 Like

Agreed, he should call it Crater Coin. It will hit 0 seconds after it becomes tradeable.

Thank you so much.

I agree, both sides experienced losses and shouldn’t have experienced them. But those with UST in savings didn’t have the same flexibility in withdrawing and contemplating selling compared to non-staked LUNA holders due to the platforms stalling and holding funds from being withdrawn.

Agree. Paying for the actual loss helps relieve the burden of LFG fund to some extent, and more fair to all UST holders.

1 Like

Bu öneri tasarısını tamamen okudum ve cok yerinde bir öneri olduğuna inanıyorum. küçük çaplı birikimleri ile kripto ticareti yapan insanlar ve tabiki bunlar içerisinde olan ben gibi bütün yatırımcıyı hem mutlu edecek hem luna yı tekrar canlandırmak için yerinde bir davranış olacaktır.

People couldn’t also withdraw from Anchor for example multiple times during this issue. The whole network was congestioned.

1 Like

I sent my ust to binance when ust depegg went to 0.98 but i return them to anchor beliveing it will repegg but thats dosent happen i hope they will include people like me in refund

2 Likes

How does this work for UST holders who were in smart contracts, say in Mercurial or Curve? Many of those would have exited to save what they could but the UST they had would have been part of a pool.

Further insights on this proposal
@dokwon

1 Like

But at least it considers everyone Not just UST holders.
It considers Luna holders too.

1 Like

Just a thought here, If LFG decides to pay small UST holders, Google form can be used to collect the proof evidence : how many UST held on chain pre-depeg, how many transferred out after depeg, how many has been sold, how many transferred out to CEX but not sold, and estimate loss vs original principals. There are about 250K wallets in Anchor, maybe another 50K wallets in other dapps/Cex, it will take156days (8hr * 20 ppl) to verify all the details.

2 Likes

If you pay to those who sold their UST then you are paying to the ones who caused the crash by also hurting the LUNA holders who get nothing from this proposal.

That would be UNACCEPTABLE!

2 Likes

hi everyone, just a tiny question that’s been already asked or answered…

my UST is still locked into Aperture protocol… with the blockchain halted i can’t touch it.
…people like me are included into the compensating scheme?

BTW , i agree with the plan delineated so far, i consider the smallest wallet holders a TOP priority, i’m thinking… like 5-10 k and below? on the assumption they used actual life savings (if the funds were not split into many tiny wallets starting from a big one, let’s say 30k plus after the crash… that is)

thanks everyone for all your effort to agree on a solution, i am close to all especially those that suffered life changing consequences.

LUNA holders took the risk knowing it was a speculative altcoin and designed to inflate to protect the UST peg. UST/Anchor users are entitled to the LFG reserve since it was explicitly raised to back the UST peg and UST is considered a bond/debt owed. UST and LUNA had totally different risk profiles and cannot be treated the same.

3 Likes

I’ve transfer to FTX but didn’t sell. Even buy more with USDT.

You are crazy!

The small fry who put his life savings on a stablecoin but had to panic sell because his $1 is now .30 is not the culprit of this mess.

People have bills to pay and food to pay!!!

4 Likes

Holders of UST derivates in the Terra ecosystem are part of the proposal. The idea is to repay all users up to a cap that will depend on the size of the LFG reserve so that the majority of people receive some restitution and it weighed towards smaller deposits. For example, with a 50k cap (just an example) someone with 10k UST would receive 10k and someone with 60k UST would receive 50k.

1 Like