Proposed Recovery Plan (Proposal 1597)

Hi @MagicalTux ,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to the proposal (if you were referring to this proposal - although I realize you may also have been referring to the proposal that @HelloThere was proposing too, which if so I agree he has done a valiant job at pulling together community thought).

I can not see a way that UST holders will be able to recover fully without staying with the project. I do not oppose a discount buy back with the exception that once you do that, you begin to deplete even further the reserves, and the chances of success in building back from the current economic scale of the value of the project. For me, the importance is not the projects sake for the project, but that mid to long term I think this will actually enable recovery of value and potential growth for all current holders of LUNA and UST.

The monetization portions of the project pretty much require UST (in their current form), so to remove that, is to kind of remove an integral piece of what the LUNA communities stated mission has looked to accomplish.

I would agree that the one positive of a buy back from the view of TerraLabs is that it at least says “we tried to help and make things right” when they face people and investors for a restart if they were to try to do a V2 (and in truth, it really may be motivated out of care for people, and the hardship that this crash has caused, although I am sure that the trust issue is in the back of everyone’s mind). A V2 could be rather difficult on them, and may not help the trust issue as much as working through and rebuilding may (although I do think it may appeal to those that are just hoping to get something back).

I also wanted to let you know the formal proposal Proposed Recovery Plan (Proposal 1597) is open for vote (for those who have LUNA staked):

I hope you have a great day today :slight_smile: