Proposing limiting max voting power and providing replenishment to the oracle pool

Summary
Addressing the need to replenish the oracle pool as the main concern, while limiting max voting power to allow a spread of voting power, enabling more voices (validators) to be heard via the governance system.

Motivation
I don’t plan / expect to be a behemoth when it concerns voting power. While some validators aim to get as much as they can, business wise, those who know me have heard me say multiple times that max voting power should be capped to 5%. My reasoning is totally associated with the social/democratic vote that smaller powers allow, not thoroughly looking to the business side of the validator roles.
Evidently, thin hat fashion folk will chatter about wicked plans behind closed doors, and how evil we all are. It will mr. A or mr. B, depending on their favourite color. Either green, or grey, or whatever.
I am color blind, so I couldn’t care less about such conspiracy theories. We need to move forward, this is a way I see fit to set some forward guidance.

Proposal
I understand that as a business, the cap shouldn’t impact the business model, so it should be streamlined as much as possible to be profitable with a minimum of voting power/commissions. With that in mind and specially with new costs that rose up after the 27th October, I made a better calc. and will propose a 7.35% voting power limit.

The oracle pool replenishment would come from 5% onwards. For any additional voting power above 5%, 50% of it would be to replenish the oracle pool.

So the calc would be: if voting power VP >5%=x, then oracle pool contribution Z would be

Z=(X-5%)*Y/2, where Y is the commission charged by the validator.

Therefore, the validator rewards would be Y*5% + (x-5%)*Y/2

Please comment, will be happy if I can gather quorum.

1 Like

I think you need to split these into two different proposals. Personally, I think replenishing Oracle pool is more important. Probably putting .01% of every on-chain transaction into pool.

1 Like

We could start taxing rewards .2%