Signalling Proposal - Create an Alternative L1 Team ran by Notional Labs

We need L2 team. We no need other L1 Team.

1 Like

Look at what Jacob did in his own team. imagine it across teams.

No need for that. What numbered point do you challenge?

Yes indeed. More L2 teams .

2 Likes

My challenge is the quote fails to address my question; why do you believe a competing team will “destroy” the chain? I understand there might be inefficiencies, but I don’t see any evidence for a second team destroying Terra Classic.

The truth doesn’t fear investigation. Could it be there is a section of this article outlining the advantages of having a competing L1 team?

Also, you have yet to address Allnodes dishonest business practices. Technical security issues aside, why would you trust a business that has demonstrated it is willing to mislead its customers? Allnodes has created security and ethical problems.

Budget, money, synergy. We have a lot of work to do and we don’t have unlimited money.
I think you are writing for another chain :slight_smile: these discussions hurt the chain and the developers. It spreads fear and insecurity. No FUD, We need build.

2 Likes

The Lunc chain has three interlocking links:investors, validators and developers. Any part that becomes detached means there is no chain. If we continue to fight over L1 developer teams there will be no investors, hence no LUNC chain .“The chain is destroyed”. TR, JL1TF. next…next.

I love this

TR were so decentralized. The end result speaks for itself. Too much chiefs and few Indians.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining yourself. Needless to say, I’m unconvinced by your reasoning.

If you would like to address the security and ethical risks posed by Allnodes we can continue our debate. If not, I’ll let you get back to Sanjay and Tarik.

why do you think the solution is another L1 team?
Can you tell me how much is the developer team of avax, etherium, dot etc. L1 products?

I am not here to convince anyone. Obviously you have an agenda to do otherwise. I state facts. Readers are free to form their conclusions.

The end result will be the same, so let’s just agree to disagree.

I think a second team will be helpful because competition often brings out the best in people. While I’m grateful for the work the current team has put in, their handling of the Allnodes situation made me question their judgment and wonder if they’ve become “too comfortable.” A competing team will help keep them accountable by signaling the community has alternatives if they fail to deliver. In other words, a second competing team will make L1 development more decentralized and anti-fragile.

As for your comparisons, I think Terra Classic is in a singularly unique scenario within the crypto space so it cannot follow the roadmap of more “traditional” blockchains.

Thank you for the good question.

I’m not against more teams.we don’t have enough resources.I propose to support and improve the good guys we have.That shouldn’t be the topic of today.A project that does not work and has lost its technology. we are trying to rebuild.My thought is to trust them and take your time. there is a lot of fud.we need to motivate them and make assessments in the medium term.

1 Like

Fully agree with you.

Unfortunately the issues that I have reported are serious enough that that there may not be a medium term. I reported these issues numerous times in numerous calls and sessions with the layer one task force. They were ignored.

I genuinely wish to thank the community for their support. It is impossible for my organization to work alongside the layer one team due to their blatant disregard of security best practices.

This is not FUD, these are real issues that I have seen on other chains throughout Cosmos, that are easily confirmed by reading release notes.

LUNC has enough problems than to continue this charade. If anything the community should be able to have the full list of validators using Allnodes and those who have set up their own validators. Once that is publicly known, those delegating LUNC can choose where to delegate. No need to create a new L1 team cause you have personal issues with the one in place. NO ONE IS PERFECT and if some other team was dropped in, there’d be issues there too. Especially with JG leading it. Not saying Z is a saint but who is.
Can we please just let them work, and figure out other ways around the Allnodes situation? Did I mention trying to get the list of validators using them?

1 Like

Ah, the ones I do know of, indicate a consensus compromising % of VP, and that doesn’t even get into their key management.

It is an open source product and no one should be surpised that people look at the code. This is a good practice.