Support this post if you don't want to fork at all

Terra - Mainnet
Bitcoin - Digital Energy

Web3 Over Web4 Starts with Terra Station be Posible Connect StarLink for freedom!
u Can Drop Hashs at Open World !

USA inflaction 18% Like UST APY% !

Terra is the King. no Terra no Cryptovulty !

1 Like

Fork alone is the same as burn coins proportionally in each wallet address. What dk suggests in his post includes a distribution plan as well which is basically distribute the new coin as he wish. Many people are not going to accept that.

1 Like

Forking is the baddest solution to save the value.
Even if the token value goes to $0, each Token is alive as long as the protocol is still alive.

I published a partial and potential solution (with my knowledge and my proper analysis) on Twitter, as a “Win-Win” solution (protocol / users)

• To return to the old market
  • To keep the protocol assuming faults and not the users.
  • To help old users wallets to return to their old value.

It’s in French but you can translate with Twitter buttons :wink:

If i will have a moment I will translate it to English in this forum in a format of a [Proposal]

3 Likes

Forking will kill any trust that LUNA has. New people will not join and old ones will jump away. NO forking. Just Burn on transactions.

6 Likes

The plan from DO is to allocate just $1BN amongst UST and LUNA whereas people invested well over 20bn funds and that too he gets to chose who will get how much. This is not a solution. We need organic growth to regain what we lost and for that burning is the only way to go.

4 Likes

Would be great if anyone commenting here also dicloses whether or not they’ve bought since the collapse.

A lot of people are clearly just trying to get rich and couldn’t care less about the Terra ecosystem.

Fork = legal issues!!!

4 Likes

Yes that’s right, people are buying billions of tokens for few bucks and wanting to be a billionaire :sweat_smile:

Theorycraft incoming.

“UST uses Terra’s native currency LUNA as a reserve asset. To mint UST and expand supply to meet rising demand requires $1 worth of LUNA to be burned. Meanwhile, to reduce UST supply in the event of demand contraction, the protocol mints LUNA and burns UST.”

My question is, if we SPAM following trade on CEX buy UST → trade LUNA ->trade to USDT , buy UST and repeat will reduce circulating supply of UST?

It will impact on UST and LUNA supply or not ?

@stablekwon

has to abandon the project because most investors don’t want a fork. exclude UST by BUSD, USDC!

@cz_binance

could be the new leader of this project as well or any other qualified developer, not the one who is looking to kill the biggest project so far.

3 Likes

Fork are not the solution

6 Likes

Sacrificing new investors to rescue old investors never helps!

You are trying to take money from new investors to give that money to the old investor!
How can you do this and expect a great future for your project?

4 Likes

Honestly, CZ is right in that the fork won’t help us one bit in either making anyone whole nor restoring the trust…

If you think about it, the second the fork goes live everyone will sell again to try getting back as much as possible thus leaving yet another group holding bags and going: « what in the actual Fork is this… »

9 Likes

it pains me to say this but forking is retarded. DK/Terra kills whatever credibility or trust they have left if they go ahead with that. take cues from iron fin…v2, etc never works. History doesn’t repeat itself, but It often rhymes…

3 Likes

Do Kwon named his daughter Luna. If he continues with the fork. Will he also rename his daughter?

2 Likes

Probably, it will continue to change tho.

@dokwon as a UST holder i dont want fork and new coin…i want my money back…i have nothing to lose

2 Likes

100% agree. Forking solution has a lot of room for fraud. We need transperent current on-chain decision.

3 Likes

I don’t have illusions that forking will solve any problem.

But it surely may sound like a good PR solution and will make Luna team look like they are doing something.

However, fork will only confuse people even more. I’m NOT in support to any FORK.

3 Likes

exacltly

1 Like