Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan 2 [PASSED GOV]

There’s no way you will have enough votes to veto considering the validators and devs are onboard with the proposal.

You are free to stick around and implement your burn strategy on Luna classic once the OG community moves.

1 Like

Validators have like the 90% of voting power…
Users even if they are 1 million voting they are usless against validators.
Its not manipulation but in other words is usless if they are bribe or offer better guarantees

This truly needs further clarification

1 Like

Thanks for the new project,
The Algorithmic coin should be removed definitely.

If terra wants a chance, then terra has to open his eyes and the community is the only entity that can help itself. If you wait for your leader, you will see that your leader is not your leader. And longer the community waits, then less powerful it will become. Hope doesnt hold long and time will suffocate terras community. Hope and power belongs to the community, not to your leader. Community has to be focused, has to be united and with full force in one direction. If not, this leaking ship will sink before it reaches the bay. Trust was the engine of terra and with time trust and motivation will vanish. Be fast Terra, be fast and organize yourself.

What happens if quorum isn’t reached?

Why does the vote for burning no longer appear on the governance page?

that a moderation be made on the governance proposals is one thing … but to hide all the other proposals to highlight that of the Fork, this and totally contrary to the value of TERRA LUNA

It’s SHAME, that manipulates the votes… I am really shocked to see this kind of behavior from the management !

8 Likes

Well some validators voted no with veto

1 Like

As an investor and silent Terra community member for the last year I have several thoughts and opinions on this revival plan that I would like to share with the community.

Background

I lost a lot of money in this attack in both UST and LUNA. I would venture to say that I’m more motivated than most when it comes to finding a solution and restoring the value to both UST and LUNA. Terra is a fantastic crypto ecosystem, popularized by having a series of stable coins (most notably UST) which are backed by LUNA and not USD. Terra is also a great investing platform and has proven to be a great alternatives to traditional non-crypto investing. The events that occurred exploited a flaw in the ecosystem that can be fixed.

As this revival plan reads today, I plan to vote no and here is why…

Terra as a platform was popularized because it offered the UST stable coin, something new and unique in the crypto word. Different than USDT and USDC, UST was backed by an algorithm and the controlled minting and burning of Luna/UST to maintain the Peg to USD. This is why Terra gained so much popularity - it offered something that other ecosystems didn’t. By forking Terra and not issuing a similar stable coin, what makes the new Terra any different from the 1000s of other crypto platforms out there? My guess is that a hard fork now will not only increase the growing distrust the community has in Terra but also dissuade new developers and investors from using the new platform altogether.

UST and Luna, like every other crypto and stable coin are investments. Investments come with risks. When the US stock market crashes do people get paid restitution? When someone invests FIAT into a public company that goes bankrupt do they get their money back? The cries from the community demanding repayment is asinine and shows that most investors in UST/Luna never cared about the platform, they only cared about the return on their investment. Yes, it’s horrible that so many people lost so much however that is a risk you taken when investing. Hard forking without a stable coin and removing all of the arbitrage capabilities available in the current Terra ecosystem provides no incentive for new or existing users to use it.

The proposed restitution within the revival plan is certainly coming from a place of deep respect for the community and wanting to do what is right, and for that I am thankful for Do and the Terra team, it does help to instill a sense of confidence in them after all that has happened. With that said, I do not agree with the proposed distributions, vesting, cliffs, and so on. I feel that all Luna holders regardless of when they made their investment should be treated equally. The community members who invested in Terra from day 1 and helped the ecosystem grow should be treated the same as the investors who helped prop up the price of Luna over the last 2 weeks.

What about the UST holders? As a holder myself, I do not believe that we should be compensated at all with an airdrop in a new chain that does not have its own stable coin. If Terra forks with no stable coin then so be it, I’ll have made a poor investment and lost. Terra has done an amazing job raising $3 billion to help compensate UST holders and I would recommend UST holders take advantage of that while it lasts.

Conclusion

Evaluating what occurred to cause the UST to lose its peg and the price of LUNA to crash exposed a flaw in the Terra ecosystem. That flaw can be corrected to prevent this from happening in the future, without a hard fork, without removing the UST stable coin. In my opinion, lowering the pool recovery time is the best solution and there are proposals in governance now which I have voted yes on. I do not believe that a hard fork is the right decision, nor do I agree with how the Terra team intends to distribute the new coin.

Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions on what happened and what should happen moving forward. These are mine and you are welcome to yours. Whatever happens I hope that the Terra ecosystem is able to regain its reputation and the community continues to grow and thrive.

5 Likes

this vote validators makes no sense, these people have bought coins for 0.00001 $ and now decide the community of all the remaining coins, we have seen the truth 92% of the people voted against the fork, and you decide to fix a new vote unfair vote, you just throw people out of money one close and will not return your investments! Song for saying good I am no longer involved in your s$c$a$m projects do there though h100000 cheating and taking money from ordinary people

4 Likes

Does that mean any person can buy a large sum of UST/LUNA tokens just minutes before the “Post-attack” time and share the compensation among all other Pre-attack UST/LUNA holders, and then immediately sell the UST/LUNA tokens back to the market after the snapshot just for getting the free new LUNA token? That’s so unfair!

6 Likes

I WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL LOSE EVERYTHING BECAUSE I HAVE TOKEN ON BINANCE

[image]

1 Like

You think after the snapshot UST/LUNA will worth anything ???
OMG

Except the ones who use Anchor on Avax :confused:
We seem to get rekt and nobody cares

This guy knows :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Pass the project to the head of Binance - @cz_binance, the only chance to raise the project from the ashes
This command does not work

2 Likes

I hope South Korea gets to you

3 Likes

What exchanges will support the airdrop? I can’t seem to find a list. I have my tokens currently on Kucoin. Can someone guide me where I need to place my tokens to get the snapshot and airdrop? Thank you

1 Like

When this all goes to shit! Who’s gonna refund those that will be impacted by LUNC (Current LUNA) losing even more value due to this plan? I understand those who lost needs to be compensated but there’s little talks about those who saved the network from completely collapsing, those who kept the lights on. The victims of the initial crash may have been indeliberate(arguably) but the would be victims after then fork would be deliberate. Will LUNA 2.0 fork again for LUNA 3.0 to save the would be victims of this proposed fork?

3 Likes

right? What is bothering is they didn’t even talk to the people like in AMA or something…