Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

I am a former UST holder, and a current LUNA holder who wants to keep LUNA honest.

I was saved from UST by bad luck: I had a personal financial emergency shortly before the de-peg, when UST was already wobbling. I lost 50–100 bps per UST—yes, in the last batch, I got ninety-nine cents on the dollar. I felt stupid for selling, because I had full confidence that UST would recover; I knew that the peg algorithm can take time. I thought to myself bitterly, What kind of idiot sells a dollar for ninety-nine cents? I was even sad: I missed my UST.

I care deeply about decentralized, permissionless money. For exactly that reason—on principle—I held dollars in UST, in preference to USDC or money in the bank. For exactly that reason, I rushed to buy LUNA as it fell.

I’m not a fan of legal action, but I want to express my well-wishes and hopes that you get your money back. As a LUNA holder now, I firmly insist that Terra must make each and every UST holder whole. I don’t care if my LUNA falls to a microdollar, and stays there for awhile; I bought on principle and for the long term, not to scalp it. And in the long term, I know that my LUNA will only have value if Terra keeps its promises.

2 Likes