Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

Hello.
I lost everything I had in luna coin
I am bought luna when price down to 15$
And wheen down to 4$ I sold it and bought again in 3$ and after 4 hours price down to 0.4
I am bought again in this price next day price down to 0.001 i am bought it spot all my trade spot i am lost 19k $ really i am very sad

40% to luna holders when the price was $1.5 and above

The more complicated you make the solution, the more work you create for the devs, the longer people have to wait for relief and the more trust you lose from the community. Fix needs to be fast, easy to execute and effective.

1 Like

Hi Do, please go look on Kucoin how the LUNA coin is bouncing back since yesterday, there might still be a chance the project can be saved, maybe not at the rates people were use to but the community behind the Luno project is clearly showing their support.

Since LUNA’s low of about $0.000000862 on the 13th, it’s now sitting at $0.00012, huge volumes have been purchased, this community is strong.

Don’t give up, somehow LUNA is pushing back.

No decisions should be made in the next two weeks as all avenues need to be investigated.

3 Likes

Burn the coins are the best solution to save Luna.

4 Likes

Hey @dokwoon, what you have built is fantastic, and a vulnerability in a system like this is expected at some point and could and should be fixed. However, the above ideas do not account for the many thousands of folks who went all-in (like I literally liquidated anything I could in my life) to buy the dip and the dip of the dip.

Since day one, we believed in Luna and did not want to lose the opportunity to buy more of it. This is why we are in crypto, to catch opportunities like these!

Luna can be fixed. Please check these two proposals (the first of which was done by the founder of the Hydra chain, I believe it has some meat) 8 Steps to Save Luna now - Economic Refactoring Proposal from industry professionals - #65 by Kalirren.

And this one has particularly interesting cryptographic and probabilistic algorithms to detect and avoid such failures in the future LUNA Go Forward Proposal - #734 by nebamon.

Just please, do not go for redistribution; if you do, it would be the final blow to the ecosystem; just find a way to salvage the current Luna - The way you are doing now seems to work, and we are ready to wait. This has given a chance to the small folks who could not afford to buy Lunas before!

Luna will make so many folks rich that you will see a new golden age in future value and user adoption. When people start getting rich because they bought low, everyone will rush in! It will be so good that most will forget what happened before, especially the loyal folks who continued sticking with Luna (and UST) in the good and bad times.

If you let this play out and implement the patches proposed in the links above, you’ll become more popular than Bitcoin (already these unfortunate events have been a massive publicity stunt)! And the return of Terra Luna will trully be “a sight to behold”! :pray:

4 Likes

I bought in not long after it depegged, but still trusting in UST.

There are complaints of honouring UST holder pre and post depeg, which is understandable as someone purchasing UST at 0.10c for example should not profit.

I suggest a system where the user submits a wallet address and it screens the blockchain transaction to reveal the initial investment value. E.g 100 usdt

Their UST value is determined by how much their initital investment value was (100 USDT) IF purchasing UST at $1 peg.

So if someone spent $100 when UST was at 10 cents, they wouldn’t get 1000 UST, their UST amount would simply be $100 UST.

This is the most fair to please all. How can anyone argue with this? All I want is as much as of my initial investment back as possible.

Regardless of what you bought, you were supporting the project, there should be no grey lines here. The redistribution proposal is not the answer here.

Since LUNA’s low of about $0.000000862 on the 13th, it’s now sitting at $0.00012, huge volumes have been purchased, this community is strong.

6 Likes

Yes should just burn luna and reduce the supply day by day.

6 Likes

Recover Luna first. Stop the conversion. Buying luna using your btc/avax at this price. Let say now circulating 6.5 tril. U can buy half of that and start burning it. If luna recover then ust surely will recover. People will buying it til peg. Save luna and everything will recover soon. Gain trust first.

4 Likes

I hope I am in the right place to make a suggestion. I was talking to members in the Discord and an idea struck me.

Would adding a trade freeze mechanism to the blockchain work which would temporarily freeze the use of LUNA and UST (of course now which will be insert name of new token names) when an abnormal amount of trade activity occurs to allow the token peg to stabilize back to PEG before token use resumes again?

This sort of mechanism is used on the US stock exchange when there is abnormal trading occurring for an equity. This serves to let everyone know that there may be something going on with the equity and also helps calm panic selling to a small degree.

2 Likes
  • 100M (10%) to Luna holders at the final moment of the chain halt – last minute marginal luna buyers should be compensated for their role in attempting to provide stability for the network

This is absolute injustice, just 10%… when they are the ones who are backing LUNA during its darkest and most troubled times???

Whenever a correction happens, you can’t go back and take a snapshot of a day that is suitable to you. This is a wrong example.

Buy luna from the open market and keep burning luna. Find ways to generate money, and burn luna equally from all accounts. Over a period of time, LUNA will recover. Let the exiters be gone. Involve and Include 10000s of new Lunatics into the community. They will take it back to the heights. The idea to PUNISH new lunatics for investing in troubled times is a BAD idea.

2 Likes

Lol. What kind of idea is this?
I bought the dip. Spent about $20k, still holding it on CEX and now I’ll lose it? Don’t make me laugh.

3 Likes

Real holders are the ones who bought UST $1 (with fees), not for to invest or speculate.

Hi. I currently have 40,000 UST ($40,000) which I purchased on the exchange called (Okcoin). They had an EARN feature where I could deposit my UST to Anchor Protocol directly from their platform. I did this back in April before the depeg and now my 40,000 UST is only worth $2000. It has been withdrawn from Anchor Protocol but is still inside my Okcoin account. I chose to not sell any of my 40,000 UST hoping it would go back to it’s original peg. Can someone please let me know if i would be considered under the “UST holder” group for the revival plan.

I sincerely appreciate your response and hope someone can help me know if I will be able to recoup any of my $40,000 in UST. I have never own an luna before. I just held to UST to use it as a savings account. Thanks so much in advance.

2 Likes

If you had 82 LUNA, sold at $40 and took a loss of 4K then it is all on you since you retreated and opt in to taking a hit rather than staying put… You should get nothing since you don’t hold those tokens anymore. The question is kind of offensive at this point for those who didn’t AWOL. I am sure there will be many people who bailed asking for reparations. If there are reparations should be made to those active token holders before today’s announcement. People who got into buying and selling for profit during the dip and have now LUNA left off should be excluded as well.

not exactly! my confidence to invest in Luna was the fact that UST adoption spread across many ecosystem and CEX, so based on the adoption Luna should be on the upward trend. I expected, base on UST demands to see a $1000 Luna. Nothing in the dynamics gave me as an investor the expectations that it could go to zero so on that you are wrong.

My question is if you snapshot it on a 40/40/10/10 on a per coin basis, could you snapshot it on a per purchase transaction. if you want to restore confidence to the market a new luna should reward people that spend and lost the most, rather people who spend a couple of bucks when luna was at 0.000001

1 Like

Below is my 2 cents.

There is no way to make LUNA holders full. LUNA holders (myself included) should probably know better and accept the loss.

UST holders, on the other hand should be make full. UST represents the promise to the community, and that promise cannot be broken.

How to bring UST back to peg is a problem that Terra should tackle head on, not running away from it. We may not be able to restore the peg now, but it doesn’t mean we can’t do it in 1, 2, 5 or 10 years time.

Promise must be kept. Trust will be restored.

7 Likes

I bought LUNA for $32, $29, $17, $15, $4, $2. I spent $7000. I wonder what kind of compensation you will appoint? 5 LUNA tokens worth $1? I don’t think this is fair. People lost money not only before the UST release, but also after!!!

2 Likes