Formal Name Change Request to 'TC Core Dev' validator

Wait, isn’t this the Terra Rebels validator? I always thought this was the dev’s validator and I have been delegating with them… I thought I was supporting Ed Kim by staking here! I honestly have my doubts about what you are saying and if you are going to say something, we need proofs that this isn’t the official Terra Rebels validator. Otherwise, you are defaming them.

Akujiro and other TC Core Dev staff are arguing that Terra Rebels are not the official dev team either. I even agree with this part - TR themselves never claimed that that they are the only developers who can work on the chain. Anyone can help. The problem is - TC Core Dev as far as I know, DO NOT have a single major developer who contributed to the chain. They have no record of working on any chain upgrades either - probably no work done on chain at all. All they do at the moment is Validate - like every other validator. This is the reason their name got so much attention. It appropriates being a core chain developers, which is simply not true! This is totally unfair to others.

2 Likes

That image is harmless compared of some other stuff he said in the last few days. Yesterday Akujiro and another member of the TCCD validator (James) were throwing insults at TR and community members for multiple hours.

People should start questioning why TCCD even went with this name in the first place and what this groups goals are. They constantly attack TR, pretend to be core devs and yesterday even tried to demand access to the TR github repo, maybe in an attempt to legitimize their name but who knows.

Provide screen captures. Otherwise I won’t believe you.

I love banter as much as the next jew, but there’s a limit to everything and Akujiro often crosses it.

Shalom! :pray:

1 Like

Source: https://twitter.com/wrapped_dday/status/1593416666083229697

1 Like

TCCD is not a Terra Rebels validator. Our validator is “Terra Rebels” and can easily be found by searching the name.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Rex. I honestly thought it was the TR validator because of the name. But given the behavior shown by the people running the validator, showing a complete lack of ethics, I will redelegate. It would be a good idea to force TCCD to change their name to prevent fooling other people in the future. Regards!

1 Like

Hey everyone, I joined Agora just to say this. I was a supporter of Terra rebels and especially Akujiro on his tax reduction proposal but recently I have been seeing posts about him on discord and twitter that I found really offensive towards minorities and the LGBTQIA+ people. At first, I couldn’t believe he would use such homophobic slurs so callously and openly like calling people “Ccksucker" and "Faggts” but it turns it was true. As a gay man myself, I’m shocked a Terra rebel validator would say something like. I bought a large some of lunac and was looking to stake it with a trusted validator and figured terra rebels are a household name and a safe bet but It appears that they’re not one cohesive unit and unfortunately not professional or respectful of minorities. I’m still holding on to my lunac but I will stake elsewhere.

Hi Mike! I’d like to clarify something you’ve said here. Akujiro is not a Terra Rebels member. He is a community member. If you have any questions regard who is and who is not a Terra Rebels member, then please contact me at any time.

TCCD “Terra Classic Core Developer” is not “Terra Rebels” validator.

It is unfortunate that such degrading/racial/homophobic slurs are being said by individuals, but Terra Rebels members are highly against such language. I assure you that not a single one of my members have said such things.

Hi there reXxTR! Thank you for the clarification but from what I understand TCCD are Terra classic developers, correct? I believe the Terra rebels are the only ones doing dev work on lunac currently. Or did I get that wrong?

Sorry If I’m a bit confused as I am familiar with Akujiro and his past proposals and I was under the impression he was a terra rebel and TCCD is the official validator.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. To clarify on what you asked, Terra Rebels has absolutely zero affiliation with “TCCD”. In fact, not a single core developers/any developers that has proof of work to the blockchain are a part of that group/validator.

This is why this specific proposal was published by a community member as the name of the validator is labeled as “misleading”.

So the key takeaways to my response is:

1. No developers or any developers (to my understanding) are a part of “TCCD/Terra Classic Core Developers”
  2. Not a single Terra Rebels member are part of “TCCD”

To add to this, this specific validator and individuals behind this validator (TCCD) has zero proof of work or any sort of deliverables towards the blockchain or community. Terra Rebels has a list of proof of work and accomplishments of our deliverables.

I hope this helps clarify any misinformation or confusion. I also deeply apologize for the foul comments you had to read, but this is far out of Terra Rebels ability to control.

2 Likes

I appreciate your detailed response reXxTR!

So TCCD are falsely claiming to be terra classic developers? Is it a scam? I honestly have not heard of them until recently on twitter and discord. Can you please make a public announcement on the official Terra rebel twitter account letting everyone know that you have zero ties to TCCD and TCCD are not Terra classic developers? Might save a lot of people from falling victim to this scam validator. I understand that you can’t control their actions but bringing clarity to the rest of the community on this matter will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Summary at day #2 of the proposal

• TC Core Dev was contacted by myself to communicate the proposal
  • they have used insulting language towards myself and others who asked them to change the name
  • I was replied to by one of their team, Akujiro who said they made a collective decision not to change the name
  • the argument they used was ‘its not anyone elses business how they are called’.
  • They refused to take any feedback on board
  • after day 7 of this prop is concluded, an official statement will be drawn and submitted for governance vote.
  • 5 days remain for submitting feedback and hopefully helping TC Core Dev Validators to listen to reason and clarify their name voluntarily.
2 Likes

Thank you for your reply,

I don’t know their intentions as I am unsure if they outright said that they’re Terra Classic developers. I can speak to my team in regards to making an announcement via our primary twitter account.

I would also like to add some parts to my previous reply:

Also, Terra Rebels as a group are known to be doing work for the community and for the blockchain, but there are other groups/individuals as well that contributes to the blockchain, such as - Jacob Gadikian (Notional DAO), Osmosis team, affiliates such as, Somethingelse (affiliate of TFL) Strathcole, sneedpilled. Validators such as Allnodes, PFC, LUNC DAO have been heavily involved with the blockchain/community and have contributed quite a bit. Because of these groups/individuals, we are where we are now and there is more that I cannot remember off of the top of my head (I’m sorry!)

I hope this helps clarify any misinformation or confusion. I also deeply apologize for the foul comments you had to read, but this is far out of Terra Rebels ability to control.

1 Like

I don’t know their intentions as I am unsure if they outright said that they’re Terra Classic developers.

TCCD stands for Terra Classic Core Developers, right? Unless TC stands for something else and I got it all wrong. If so, my bad!

I believe so, yes. “Terra Classic Core Developers” if it helps, there are no core developers that interact with that validator. This is why the name is misleading.

1 Like

TC Core Dev is not the Official Terra Rebels Validator.

The official Terra Rebels validator is named | Terra Rebels.

TC Core Dev has ZERO affiliation with Terra Rebels.

ClanMudhorn, TR Administrative Team Rep

3 Likes

I fully agree with this proposal. It is very important to establish basic ethical rules for the whole community, which are sincerity, honesty and mutual respect. In order to have a harmonious and sustained growth of the community.

Thank you for making this proposal and highlighting this type of situation.

Good life to all!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated!

2 Likes