Fund Devs With $4M of Off-Chain Community Assets

I am still thinking through the proposal discussion (https://classic-agora.terra.money/t/fund-devs-with-4m-of-off-chain-community-assets/47690) and I appreciated that Alex included the backstory, and included that there was an effort to include other people outside of Terra Rebels. I want to attribute the best that I can to each person, and each proposal, until I have to acknowledge concerns.

As an initial concern, this proposal too closely mixes Terra Rebel’s business plan with funds that, at least according to the discussion, may end up being transferred to the full Terra v1 governance community. It would be wise to see a full legal review, from an attorney, that the money is actually clear. In addition, each of these people who are listed work very close together - and are not necessarily a representation of the fuller Terra v1 community.

The plan as written feels more like a takeover of the chain (it certainly could become that), and brings this discussion from the past to mind ( https://classic-agora.terra.money/t/do-kwon-what-would-it-take-to-buy-you-out-of-terra1/44712 ), or at least something that solidifies TR’s plans as the Terra v1’s community plans, using assets that according to the proposal discussion Do Kwon appears to have acknowledged could be transferred to the Terra v1 governance community as part of maintaining the L1 block chain. One of the things I liked about TR in the early days (of what feels like years ago - hard to believe it is only a few months back) is that it worked to the greatest degree out in the open (and found a way to enable open and transparent communication to work with minimal amount of needed confidentiality) and that they said “we are here to implement whatever the community decides through proposals” (it would be community driven). The business side was in order to enable those goals. With respect for the work TR has done, those goal posts have shifted along the way unfortunately IMHO.

I agree with @Vegas that this could be sent to the community pool for grants and let the multi-signatories be suggested/assigned as part of that process, and within a milestone accountability (multiple proposals - one for each major milestone and only after each major milestone has been accomplished).

Those are some initial concerns for myself personally.

12 Likes