Parameter Change Proposal: MaxContractSize

This is a good point. Particularly the part where some of Zaradar’s research (conversations with a developer in Juno and some of the research he did on Cosmos-SDK earlier - which he mentioned) indicated an upper limit [he estimates ~5TB] in regards to performance. I do remember that both he and @ek826 were working on, and talking about, issues they were having with the blockchain size in regards to genesis export/import tools (I believe - and the two maybe related - at least regarding size). Zaradar did state at one point they were “fixing a core genesis import issue in Cosmos-SDK” ( Discord ).

While it is something that 1 contract will probably not affect in a meaningful way, this does open the door to other contracts, and according to the interview Zaradar does mention that based on his research if it was a regular event it could have a greater impact on the performance. It is definitely something to seriously consider.

2 Likes

Hi, I vote yes, but only if experts say it’s not harming the chain.
Thank you
RugDetector

I think that validators have enough computing capacity so that this change does not affect them. Also if this change allows more dapps to operate on the blockchain I see no reason to say NO. In case of having a negative affect it can be reversed

I don’t wanna do this, but you guys are making me do this.

Basically this team which is proposing this contract size change has ST(O)LEN CUSTOMER FUNDS using TerraPort.

Let me put that into better perspective - currently, some of them might have legal cases pending on them which have already been filed by the affected parties.

Now, by the basic definition of a crim(inal, the person who aids a cri(me is equally liable in the cr(ime.

Since you are a designated cri(minal currently by the definition of a cri(minal, I would request you to show the contract and quit trying to take that money out of the chain.

You thought what exactly? That this is an episode of Money Heist?

1 Like

Any proof or simply lying again?

What you are asking me is that, what proof do I have that Gary Gensler did the same thing with FTX that he did with Terra Luna.

That’s why he was called for the Congressional hearing.

And that’s why the contract is being asked for. If you have the contract you can share that by with us.

If not, I have to consider that they are crim(inals by circumstantial evidence on them.

Yes. You made a serious allegation against them, yet all you have for evidence is…?

Nothing?

If it’s NOTHING, then why don’t they show the contract?

Just wanna see what addresses are coded in there :slightly_smiling_face:

And how was it running before this without the need for any change to the contract size?

I know that they are a running cas(ino (I share their posts on Twitter too) so obviously the contract is already running if you haven’t realised yet.

So, first you throw out a ridiculous lie.
Then get petulent that your demands aren’t being met.
Keep screaming at the keyboard. You are very relevant, surely.

The prop has passed governance btw. Ends in 17hrs.

Alright. I have said what I had to say. After that it’s the community’s collective responsibility if anything goes wrong. And especially yours :slightly_smiling_face:

Nah, Basu, blame is on the governance.
You never made a convincing argument why this will be something that negatively effects the chain.
All you did was link in conversations and discussions by other parties that sound similar and could be related, if you push hard enough.
After that failed and nobody gave attention to you - you did what you always do. Fud with random tinfoil stories. Accuse others of rugging millions and then turning to this chain.
You did it all the while the vote was already on-going. You never cared to look, since you don’t have a stake in this chain.

1 question, has it been tested yet in a testnet to see what happens when this contract size is changed and contract is uploaded?

1 Like

They are not listening to me. I am telling them over and over again this is NOT recommended. Validators are also for this prop. I dunno how. Man oh man. If anything happens, absolutely anything, it’s completely on the validators who voted for this. I have war(ned everyone and done my part.

@echel0n are the servers working fine?

Yes, why you ask?

1 Like

No I am asking after this change, whether there has been any significant difference in resource or network utilisation. If it’s working fine, then awesome. The validators have taken the correct decision then.

https://dashboard.terrarebels.net/public-dashboards/3b88c5738324434ea5af3c513c869b6a?orgId=1&refresh=5s

1 Like