Parameter Change Proposal: MaxContractSize

Summary
As the Terra Poker team is preparing for an entry into Terra Classic, we have discovered that we are in need of a parameter (MaxContractSize) change on the Terra Classic chain in order to properly upload our contract.

We understand that chains in the Cosmos universe have a max size limit for contract uploads.

Motivation
The parameter, MaxContractSize, on the Terra Classic chain currently restricts our capacity to upload Terra Poker’s contract due to the size limit, and therefore enter the Terra Classic ecosystem.

Thus, in order to execute the launch of Terra Poker onto Terra Classic, we are requesting a parameter change from the Terra Classic Community as follows:

Proposal:
Subspace: Wasm
Key Parameter name: MaxContractSize
Current Parameter value: 614400
Proposed Parameter value: 819200

We believe that the adjustment will not only welcome Terra Poker into the Terra Classic ecosystem, but also be a welcoming invitation for other protocols as well. We therefore request the LUNC Community’s most favourable consideration

20 Likes

If it does not afect to the chain in any negative way, is a Yes for me.

3 Likes

Warm welcome!Join us!
Big Yes!

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:, won’t say no to utility :smiley:.

2 Likes

Can’t see a negative to this, a yes from me!

2 Likes

Yes from me

1 Like

A Yess!

1 Like

Great! I agree… now, will you guys be supporting supply reduction?

1 Like

Can any technical person advise if there are any risks or unforeseeable consequences to doing this? Regards.

2 Likes

Although I am no expert at this, but since an expert can’t reply to this immediately, from my understanding of cosmwasm and smart contracts on Cosmos, increasing the size of the contract could result in:

1. Abnormal increase of gas fees required per transaction
  2. Contracts not executing on the current servers which is running the blockchain cause it will exceed the memory size that is supported by network/server resources

Last day I got to know validators are not running the full-node(s) and this makes matters even more complicated.

So a L1 dev needs to take a look at this before we can confirm whether or not this change will affect the system in any adverse way.

6 Likes

There should not be an issue with this update. It will just require a simple parameter change proposal that updates the parameter noted above as soon as the proposal passes governance.

6 Likes

Were you guys aware about this change? Have you talked to Z about it? Who did you consult (please name the developer) before stating this here?

Do you know about this calculation?

1 Like

Thanks for the question mate.

So the calculations that you are referring to will not affect the Ecosystem in such way. Essentially, the gas prices may be affected at the code level, therefore gas fees may increase when interacting with the Terra Poker contract. And even then, it’ll be marginal.

3 Likes

If nothing is negatively impacted.you have my vote.

3 Likes

You got my vote !

1 Like

I agree, if like @LuncBurnArmy said “It will just require a simple parameter change proposal that updates the parameter noted above as soon as the proposal passes governance.”

2 Likes

More volume is always welcome.

2 Likes

Maybe splitting the contract into smaller ones. A test should be done before anything. We need to know how it will affect TPS, validator costs, etc.

4 Likes

Please can senior developers give definitive answers on whether this code change will negativity effect the blockchain in anyway?

If so please state why?.. so we can make an informed decision as validators and the community.

@LuncBurnArmy @fragwuerdig

5 Likes

Increase the wasm code size in Terra blockchain - #14 by fig seems that was already a discussion regarding this subject.please check

4 Likes