[Proposal] Exclude Smart Contraction Transactions from the scope of Burn Tax

100% support from me @dfunk . This is a great proposal. The potential reward out ways the burn loss.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mean there is no net benefit for the single user that is using contracts. Of course there is. Those users pay no taxes for using the contracts anymore.

But why should users not pay 400 LUNC tax for sending 200,000 LUNC to a contract (via MsgExecuteContract) while sending 200,000 LUNC to another wallet is taxed?

You completely miss the point. Binance wants whitelisting of all movements between their own wallets (which include deposit to main wallet). This proposal wants to exclude contracts from tax. And then?
Each of that will set a precedence, imho. Maybe next then is to exclude wallets from tax holding less than 1M LUNC to take away burden from smaller users. I know this isnā€™t realistic, but I want to make my point clear.
Either we have a tax on chain that affects using coins or we havenā€™t.

Could you please post some ref on that, for my information more than anything.

To increase the tax to 1.2% again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think this is more of a philosophical question rather than a practical one. I can counter argue by stating why should a user not pay tax on delegation, withdrawing rewards, voting, etc? Taxes on those are exempt btw as stated earlier in the proposal.

However, instead of philosophical questions, practical data has been presented to show how the positives of excluding contract executions from burn tax outweigh the negatives.

Like previously stated, there is no such ā€œprecedenceā€ being set here. Burn tax doesnā€™t apply to all transactions currently, only to some. And where burn tax is irrelevant and illogical, the community has voted to remove it, just like in this recent proposal where IBC denoms were excluded from the burn tax: https://station.terra.money/proposal/11267

1 Like

I sent you a message on that. In short: to continue the monthly burn, Binance requested to have their internal(!) wallet movements whitelisted. So e.g. moving deposits from the deposit wallet to main wallet (43 wallets overall afaik).

Thatā€™s not really the case. It doesnā€™t affect dApp users then.

I know. But a 0.2% tax on those would be totally acceptable to handle each transaction involving native coins the same (voting does not involve coins, so that wouldnā€™t be taxed anyway). I am not really a promoter of the tax overall, it could be removed if it was for me, but if it is there it should be fair and not more and more selective.

Raising tax to a higher value if this proposal passes hopefully is not really a consideration. Though it seems it could be :pensive:

IBC denoms is a completely different topic and out of scope of an on-chain tax, Iā€™d say.

1 Like

It was just an idea to improve this proposal which I think is interesting. To me, taxing contract executions looks like a Value-Added Tax and taxing transfers looks like (or is) a Tobin Tax.

Imo, a VAT isnā€™t irrelevant or illogical since we have to rebuild from the crash.

I donā€™t even know if we can have different taxes (except none) depending on the transaction type :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not interested in 1.2% Tax except for you and TR thieves with tax fetish. Donā€™t recall an offer that has already failed. Incompetent dApp developers who canā€™t even solve a 0.2% tax are not welcome anywhere other than the LUNC chain. Donā€™t cry for a tax-exempt backhole and find a way. If not, go somewhere else.

@Kevin_Park You ONLY contribute to this chain if you share some data and ideas other than insults. Please stick to contributing and stop using the forum to funnel your insecurities.

If you look at what he wrote, you can see who heā€™s inciting for. Even that comment was written when TR was found to be a thief and there was a lot of criticism. This is a fanatic of vegas or a sub-account of TR. And if you look at this proposerā€™s activity, you can easily predict it. dfunk and godoal are the same people, exchange hearts and protect each other with comments. Disgusting propaganda.

Agora is prone to manipulation by some development teams to incite their agenda, and their characteristics bring code or terms that are difficult for the general public to understand, blurring their greedy logic. If you donā€™t understand what they say, Thats not your fault or short knowledge. Because theyā€™re talking nonsense.

If you want to open another theft opportunity for TR who already succeeded in extortion a month ago, Agree with this proposal. Silly people donā€™t have the ability to learn, and they make the same mistakes every time. We need to filter them out so they canā€™t write on Agora. Itā€™s a cancer in the community.

3 Likes

@Kevin_Park You did a great job. This proposal might have received favorable reviews for the instigation of thieves If you didnā€™t find truth. We need to drive the thieves out of the community.

1 Like

Prove

Well good for you. Iā€™m definitely supporting a higher tax and this proposal by dfunk is a great way to achieve this through exempting dapps, so the much vaunted argument ā€œYou canā€™t raise tax because of dappsā€ can cease. I hope this proposal by dfunk goes to vote and successfully passes.

The 1.2% should never have been removed. LUNC turned into pure chaos after that, the direct introduction to minting which went even to 50/50. I was very unhappy when the 1.2% was removed, and no I have no connection with Terra Rebels. You are using their failures to the community as your weapon to bash other members. I am a community member and I post my own view of what I believe would be good for LUNC. I strongly support burning, like many others. I also like posts that I believe are good comments.

Dfunk is responsible for proposing and passing two great proposals, the removing of minting and the 5x gas increase, as well as the original distribution of the gas fees to CP/Oracle pool. This is just another one of his great proposals which will hopefully lead to a new proposal to raise the burn tax again.

5 Likes

@JESUSisLORD You are included in the candidates for the next hypocrite to be revealed. Iā€™ve already collected all your past activities and comments. And they will be tracked as well as your reality outside the monitor. The Agora administrator is authorized to check the authorā€™s email and IP. The sycophants who helped the TR scam will be stuffed and they should be deported.

1 Like

You can put your genius investigative skills to use and click my profile to see my real name listed. I am not anonymous. You can find my Youtube channel and see my face. How about you? Stop your vicious trolling of the community. Reported.

3 Likes

agree. it seems that the parasites that are blocking the progress of the blockchain lunc @Vegas and TR should all be purged from this community. because until now they still intend to cheat and steal from the community, please always be on the lookout for these thieves to slip in proposals that lead to theft again.

1 Like

It seems like you and your hit-squad gang of thugs use Terra Rebels as a convenient excuse to bash on community members ideas you donā€™t like. It is extremely inappropriate. Oh look under this rock, ā€œItā€™s the Terra Rebelsā€. Look over that hill, ā€œItā€™s the Terra Rebelsā€. Look thereā€™s an idea I donā€™t like, ā€œItā€™s the Terra Rebelsā€. Your acting like you are protecting the community while sowing division, chaos and hatred. Get over yourselves.

8 Likes

This proposal makes sense. I am in support of it. A yes from me.

6 Likes

The idea is not bad at all but I would suggest to tax the staking related activities.

2 Likes

It makes sense to be on all those posts (and even more) when you have been active since the beginning of the effort to revive the chain, check the dates when you are on them to get some ā€œHistorical Contextā€. Also back then there were TR, @Vegas, @dfunk, and other communities that were helping the cause.
What was your contribution apart from trying to discredit (now that the chain is safe) members who were at the forefront of reviving the chain just because you donā€™t have the evidence to prove the broken case that taxation is the reason for reduced volume?

Quick to jump to conclusions are we?

2 Likes

@godoal Prove that you are not a spam account first. kevin proved data that you are spam. but Youā€™re just shouting trust me bro. Itā€™s pathetic. You guys have lost your trust. People wonā€™t believe you even if you make the right proposal.
Bring the project you design and clarify the problem that 0.2% tax causes. ā€œItā€™s good for you!ā€ these words have lost credibility since TR. You guys are a bunch and you clearly showed how thieves steal money. lol