[Proposal] Help UST Pegging. Increase estimated minting capacity to $1200M

the profit margin for short sellers now is so small it makes no sense. Repegging the UST is the focus now. The longer it waits the lower LUNA goes. LUNA can be rescued after UST is repegged by short squeezing the short sellers using any available funds left at the LFG.

3 Likes

With the ongoing burn rate of UST and the market demand for LUNA and UST, it’s certain for me to see a repeg of UST within a few days (see my nickname, that’s how much I’m sure about it). If this proposal takes action, the repegging will just happen 4 times faster.

I don’t like short sellers either, but they’re not the ones minting LUNA, it’s the unpegged UST. They’re just borrowing and selling, therefore creating volatility on the market.

3 Likes

I suggest some credible VC should be brought in to buy off all current circulating supplies since the price of LUNA is very low now to stop the selling pressure. If all those selling are bought over there will be noting to sell again. This will give enough room and time to restructure. Hope my suggestion make sense.

3 Likes

Not really making progress. UST still struggling and Luna being massacred. Maybe the team needs to have a look at what Putin did with the Rubble.

1 Like

I think no one should look into prices and just focus on getting the stuff right

1 Like

You’re right. A very simple calculation using the circulating supply. Seems like 4 days we’ll burn through most.

1 Like

Luna price will just keep falling. That’s a given, if you want to repeg the ust to 1 usd. what you said are exactlyy my thoughts, there will be a point where not as many players will be selling off their ust at market price. as soon as this happens, the swap fee will go back to normal and ust will get reppeged. Now, how long will that take? A lot. There are many people just market ordering and accepting whatever price they are getting for their UST, but the pool is not able to burn all this excess UST. That’s why this proposal is so important to be passed asap. this will expedite the process and make it 4x times faster as you said. as a consequence, luna price will also fall 4x as fast assuming demand (virtually 0 demand atm) remains the same.

2 Likes

This is probably one of the best discussion on what happened to LUNA and UST on YouTube. It’s a bit long but well worth it.

6 Likes

how did you come up with that number? There are 12 Billion UST in circulation. What’s the capacity we are currently able to burn in a day before this proposal gets passed?

Hi Everybody,

On the following site
Terra Analytics - Powered by Smart Stake

it shows that Luna circulating supply in constantly increasing. however the UST supply is not changing at all. when the Luna supply is increasing it should imply a reduction in UST supply , doesnt it ?
is it just a glitch in the website or UST burning is just not happening. if the UST burn is not happening, how is luna price even being arrived at ?

I’m using this
https://fcd.terra.dev/v1/circulatingsupply/ust

is there a way to check visually - like a chart or something - of much UST has been burnt-minted in a given period of time?

Its a very good interview. Very informative. A must see for anybody involved not only with UST / Luna / USDT, but with BTC and dollars itself.

1 Like

STOP increasing by billions the supply of Luna immediately! You will end in prison for intentionally dropping the price 99% every day for already 3 days in a row while the coin is still listed in the exchanges and people is buying it while losing everything in few hours!!! I can’t believe you are so f*cking blind to don’t see that.

1 Like

thats whats proposal is for. Speed up ust burning process. Also they are buring all ust reserves and incentive pools which should mean 10% of supply. This supply shock should correct peg

2 Likes

Lets assume the proposal here going to help. Which i hope it does.
The question i have, is the current market condition of Luna and UST going to allow during the next 6 days for this to take place? or collaps before 6 days even if the votes are in the favour of Yes.

The goal was to peg UST. once UST was pagged, the burning process could begin, so LUNA could return to it’s original value

1 Like

which is why u buy Luna. People say u stupid now for buying at .01 but if Do Kwon figure this out and it goes back $10+ u will feel like a genius lol

When does the proposal actually get passed and activated?

I think it can happen within 7 days been like 2 some people voted no so thats why not emergency activated. But it will pass and should be implemented by weekend or start of week my guess