[Proposal] Tiered repayment: 1:1 USDC refund to all UST holders up to a certain cap per-wallet using LFG funds, favouring small wallets

By dead, I mean it will be hard to use monetary methods to recover the savings of people that bought at proper prices (say, the $30 to $120 range). Yes, LUNA will now become a speculative ‘shitcoin’ similar to SHIBA (as long as the UST burn mechanism stays disabled), but we are discussing solutions for restitution here.

You will get a refund allowance but in order to redeem it you will have you buy back and return the UST you sold. I will refrain from answering this question again because I must have answered it over ten times by now.

Unfortunately for now I would like to prioritize on-chain holders as this group is easily verifiable. Once we get into off-chain third-party holdings things become a lot more complicated because we need compliance from multiple parties that will take a lot longer, and that route is also very easily exploitable. The last thing we want is a fraudulent company or exchange to make millions from real users by falsifying trading/holding data. That would be a disaster.

3 Likes

What about those who withdrew and sold their UST at a loss after the depeging to avoid losing even more, will they be compensated as well?

1 Like

Please read the posts before yours! We just answered the same question

Definitely compensate us in the bottom Anchor wallets, take a snapshot before the depeg and send much needed relief. Also, give tokens that are exchangeable for USDC as some of us sold at the very end causing a huge loss for us.

1 Like

How do we know that there is still 1.5 billion worth of funds to make people whole with?

We are waiting docs Do promised to share publicly to have the exact amount

Great Idea !

This is brilliant Max

Also consider following @FatManTerra

After reviewing what you wrote for Z11 within that thread, I feel a bit more at ease in that you can always rebuy back the UST once you find out using the redemption tool the required UST needed in order to redeem for the full amount of USDC that is calculated.

I fully support your proposal now given the risk that at the end I may still lose some amount of my overall balance because I may have to buy back my UST at a higher price than what I have sold already. I hope the max cap will be a decent number in the 6 figures. I appreciate you leading the charge on this proposal.

One final question, is this proposal going for a vote yet or just still in discussions and will up for vote soon?

I see people asking a lot of the same questions about certain edge cases. What if I sold at various points in the de-peg, etc.

It might be good to think of this proposal as only the first of many necessary steps. But it needs to be the first because:

• It is the simplest step.
  • It reaches the greatest number of people with a legitimate and reasonable claim to reimbursement.
  • It can therefore deploy relief with the optimal balance of speed and breadth.

We are all reeling from this crisis. At the end of this month, after all bills are paid I will literally have no money to my name. My life has been utterly devastated by an investment that was convincingly promoted as safe. I know of too many people who have committed suicide over this or lost their families and I have contemplated the possibility of both personally.

However, this proposal represents a very straightforward first step that makes the most sense for the most people, thousands and thousands of people like me. After it is swiftly enacted, edge cases can continue to be figured out. I personally am interested in seeing this through to the end for everyone, even if I receive reimbursement first. That’s how this community is. But there’s just no point bogging down relief that’s not controversial and that would serve a great many by waiting for all the other more exotic scenarios to be unraveled.

1 Like

Not some of us, but the most of us, like nearly everyone !

Those who followed Do Kwon’s request to hold their UST trusting in in the entire ecosystem that the expanded burning mechanism would eventually restore the peg should be prioritized because these people are not profiting anything. They are just receiving back what they lost. Your proposal gives a clear advantage for people to not be made whole but to profit, what makes me think it is something you might be trying to do yourself. This tragedy shouldn’t be used for profit, but as a recovery.

What could be done is that if you panic sold, in order to be eligible for the refund pool, you must buy back the UST not at the market price but at the same price it was sold for.

6 Likes

When will we know if this proposal get accepted?

1 Like

I agree that within this proposal, which itself should be the first step in resolving this whole debacle, the utmost and highest priority should be given to people who NEVER SOLD.

There are many of us who have a very simple claim: we bought UST a while ago as a savings instrument, and because we trusted Do Kwon’s assurances throughout this whole meltdown, we did not sell. We did nothing to contribute to the “bank run.”

Among all the various groups this proposal would attempt to make whole, THIS group described should be reimbursed first.

3 Likes

Users should not have to buy back aUST to redeem it, it should be airdropped, the last thing we want is to use the small amount of money we have left to buy UST in the open market again and turn it into aUST. We have gone through enough stress. Please just airdrop the USDC to aUST holders in the snapshot, what if UST repegs due to the meme effect and we’re unable to recover our losses? And I held until the very end as well, i wasn’t a weak hand.

1 Like

Exactly, they have to make sure that those who trusted UST as a savings vehicle should be fully compensated first before opening doors for people to profit off the proposal.

2 Likes

The redemption method will be UST to USDC. You wouldn’t need aUST at this point. You would simply unstake from Anchor protocol to redeem your aUST into UST and then use the redemption tool to redeem the UST into USDC.