Raise Validator Minimum Commission Fee to 5% & Lower Validator Maximum Voting Power to 10%

if all validators raise comm. The oracle pool drain faster as well…

How does that work?

NO, this brings much more troubles for us.
users will only find validors who will burn lunc…
and there will be no chance for new validors .so this way lunc will go more centralized.and with VP limit lunc will belong to the burn validators who have the same ideas.that will make lunc complete centralized.
how stupid idea???
plus if delegaters want take part in voting ,they should vote themselves. right?
if delegaters don’t care lunc , if no one cares about lunc , why there should be a lunc???

The minimum five percent commission is easily by-passing redistributing validator revenues proportionally between stakers.

The 10% maximum voting power is a little more difficult to circumvent, but can be done by splitting one validator into several.

Seems fine but I don’t understand why you need a minimum - What’s wrong with people attracting new customers with 0%? But also - I think there’s a general problem with the Validator system in general. The turnover of Validators seems to be very quick - and we have no real guarantee in the case that someone will suddenly shut down their Node… What if they got in a car crash, or just didn’t want to do it anymore?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :+1:

You’re one of the few validators who’s actively engaged with the community.

Shalom! :pray:

2 Likes

i Think this should be 2 diferent proposals one might agree with one and desagree with the other…
I agree with de 5% minimal comission.
I dont agree with the 10% max voting power…

Try reading the entire proposal next time before commenting.

You won’t randomly distribute my authority?

1 Like

It probably came out wrong but what i meant by an “attack” towards all nodes is that they are literally the only validator with >10% VP and even if we cap it , if their excess 9% re delegate to the top 10 or 20 validators ( which is what the outcome will be most likely IMO) nothing will change. The nakamoto coefficient will be the same.

Thats why i think that is not a solution to the problem. As always , that is just my opinion and i do respect all points of view.

1 Like

You strongly oppose all proposals I put out. :joy:

Any reason why you’re against this one?

1 Like

Maximum voting power yes,
minimum commissions 5% no.

Why not? :man_shrugging:

For sure, a 5% VP cap would be ideal… but let’s try and get 10% passed first.

Thank you for your support. :+1:

3 Likes

Nice idea. It will probably be difficult to get this to pass, but it obviously would improve decentralisation of the chain

1 Like

I would like to see the two issues seperated into two proposals. Im not a huge fan of either but I could get behind the minimum of 5 percent commission. That would force validators to think of other methods to stand out from the crowd and perhaps lead to additional development on chain.

1 Like

Read the prop a second time about your wish.

I like you Rabbi but because I live in a non-communist country and I deeply respect the freedom of people in their private businesses, I will vote “NO” on that proposal.

You got my vote
:+1:t3:

Thanks i might vote both yes but i am undecided in the 10% part, but the commission needs to be there.