Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

I envy you—with my compliments, and not with any spiteful wish that you had less.

I do not exaggerate how much I stretched my resources to buy some LUNAs. If this had happened a few months ago, then I would have been throwing down $1k at a time like you. But things have not gone so well for me, lately.

Last week, especially, was a financial nightmare for me. When I made my first post here about a buy >$8, I was reeling from shock and soon in for worse. On 5/11, at the time when many people presume that the Terra BTC was being dumped, I lost most of my remaining assets to liquidation. I almost lost everything from that; by that point, only a weeklong sleepless marathon of emergency loss-management and incremental de-leveraging had sufficiently shored me up that I could salvage something.

My LUNA bottom buys started as a sort of a wistful joke, because I was really out of money. When it bottomed, I had just under $20.50 USDT in my wallet—that’s it. I blindly tossed ten bucks into an AMM. Over 1.3 million LUNA came out. Next ten bucks—almost 1.5m LUNA. Then, I threw in the rest of my cash on hand—less than fifty cents. Out came >138k LUNA, for a price of about 3.6 microdollars each!

At that point, I got serious. I started taking on new debt in small increments. Every new borrow increased my immediate and ongoing risk of total wipeout. All good sense and “don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose” went straight out the window: I had to get more LUNAs!

It was the week that went from me losing most of the BTC that I had carefully accumulated and held for years, straight to me piling up millions of LUNAs. It was one of the worst weeks of my life. Time will tell whether it was also one of the best weeks of my life.

So… Greetings from a “LUNA whale” to a much bigger LUNA whale.

P.S., frankly, anyone who thinks that I don’t deserve my LUNAs can go to hell. I don’t ask for sympathy; when handling my own money, I know that I need to put on my big-boy pants. I do demand that when I made an honest purchase at market, what’s mine is mine!

4 Likes