Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

At that point, were there not trillions of Luna in circulation? The dispersal would be incredibly skewed in favor of people who bought right in the last few minutes. People were buying enormous amounts of Luna for a few dollars as a joke.

4 Likes

니가 쳐 싼 똥부터 책임감 있게 치워라. 전례없이 무지성 발행을 하는데 이 꼴이 날 줄 몰랐다고? 그럼 넌 진짜 아마추어 중의 아마추어다. 이미 신뢰는 바닥났고, 싸지른 똥을 먼저 치워도 회복이 될까 말까인데. 신규 코인 발행? 백프로 또 쳐망한다.

I think this redistribution plan is fair— reward the people that got their life savings destroyed before the crash and somewhat penalize/reward the people that bought toward the end to capitalize on rebounding (I will admit fall into the 2nd camp).

Also, there should be an introduction to “peg” the stable coin to a fiat currency or asset (gold/silver) to prevent total future collapse. Thought experiment a stable coin based on code could always crash due to outside pressure from markets (aka nefarious dump or market crash) , but let’s say 10-25% is pegged to a tangible asset (outside of digital currency) in theory it could prevent a total collapse and allow time to fix the problem (just a thought). Like having a “silver” insurance plan where certain amount of assets are stored in trusted repository tied to the stable coin.

2 Likes

Hey @dokwon What if all my UST were in a centralized exchange at the time of new upgrade ? Will I still get my share ?

How are you going to get distribute the tokens to those who were holding it in exchanges ? My exchange terra address is empty and they have transferred all the funds to Terra Finder which contains 95,847,086 of UST

Also not sure, will the new tokens be worth the same at these market conditions, how about launch a new stable coin and distribute 1:1 to UST holders ? And only compensate LUNA holders through this mechanism.

We can partner up with paxos to have our new stable coin, BUSD, binance’s stable coin is being run by them: Binance USD (BUSD) - Paxos

PS: If I am not getting compensated in this snapshot because my $UST was in exchanges, I am gonna sue you :slight_smile: Hate to say this, but I got no other option than to ask for an investigation being run by government officials on terra and it’s schemes

4 Likes

Indeed CEX before snapshots at the time, even increased to support at different level.
Binance are solid they certainly run tight data

1 Like

you are the guys that acted irrational by selling ust below peg. you are in fact the real traitors. selling below peg then running to twitter to spread fud.

3 Likes

Why should Do Kwon have any say on the future of Terra at all? This arrogant and contemptuous 29 yr old from Stanford should be fired immediately for a leader that is competent, understands economics and is able to run a company ethically. Please - no more adolescents running Terra ecosystem like a high school project. Faith can only come back if entire leadership team is fired and replace by better people.

7 Likes

I hope that:

• To be fair, the snapshot won’t forget Osmosis LPers (LUNA-OSMO, LUNA-ATOM, pairs with UST, etc.).
  • In the future, Terra v2 will work more with different chains of Cosmos (for future decentralized stablecoin, etc.). The potential synergies are amazing!

Much love, Folks :waning_gibbous_moon:

1 Like

External capital needs to come in or we are all screwed.

2 Likes

I agree. Everyone should recieve proportional to the money they brought with. This will be justified.

I do not agree.
Use the bitcoin reserve and buy back LUNA and burn.

4 Likes

Hi there,

we all appreciate the intent to rebuild something that has been our lives for so long time… tons of people have put their enormous effort into building this amazing ecosystem.

Now, speaking real life:

is there a way to compensate people who bought USTs and LUNAs from the market outside the Terra Chain?
Tons of people have invested buying your tokens in CEXes and on other chains…

Are they forced to give up and sell peanuts for dust?

Second and most important, I have a more pragmatic question: given that 1$ worth of Luna “gave birth” to the first UST minted… how much was 1 LUNA worth there?

I feel like burning all the USTs should at most push LUNA’s price down there…

Why didn’t it happen?

Honestly, there are too many flaws to address. You can’t fix this via a fork of any kind. Liquidate LFG and burn up every Luna you can get your hands on; maybe in a few years we’ll be set right.

Regarding your plan:

• what about people who lost NFTs during the chaos?
  • what about those that rightfully purchased during that time?
  • what about people who swapped from other coins mid crash, then lost it all?
  • what about CEXs?
2 Likes

You were not defending anything. If you see a fire blazing in your direction and throw it a bucket of water thinking you are doing something meaningful and should be rewarded you are deceiving yourself. The people that believed in the project for years could be rewarded somehow since the signs weren’t so clear that the protocol had fundamental issues. Now once the peg broke the ones buying were just being foolish, not being true believers.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous that I lost 9 million rupiah in just 3 days

Although you have tried to well couch your words, it lacks enough thought and very unjust. Do not know what motivated this proposal than the vested interests of some validators and major investors like you and VC friends whom of you all hold the voting power.

So, you came up with the arbitrary 40-40-10-10? On what basis? And your overall criteria of allocation for who are recipients need to be revisited and clearly laid out.

The following seems unreasonable and is not in best interest of early UST holders and those who bought LUNA on exchanges after the halt unawares of the halt.

• 400M (40%) to UST holders pro-rata at the time of the new network upgrade. UST holders need to be made whole as much as possible

So this means that new buyers can load up UST now at 0.15 and they will be made full according to your plan?

• 100M (10%) to Luna holders at the final moment of the chain halt – last minute marginal luna buyers should be compensated for their role in attempting to provide stability for the network

What about providing stability for the CEX market which is key to overall stability? That’s why people have been trading LUNA even after knowing it is dead…

• 100M (10%) to the Community Pool to fund future development.

They already used it bro, nothing is left in their reserve now, all 80.3BTC is spend

1. First of all, why did that happen? Are rumors true? Capital and blacrock involved? Did you buy cheap 25k BTC from them?
  2. Why and how exchanges, especially binance, did let that happen? The binance that asks me tons of paper to prove who I am, blocks withdrawls in seconds if anything suspicous to them happen but let trillions of dollars of volume for 3 days, letting people literally die… This is disgusting.
  3. Why did you dissolve luna korea weeks before this crash/fraud/whatever?

When someone says it’s easy for a mini whale to destroy UST with a soros style blackfrdiay attack, will you lissen them?
You should let people know the truth, prove you’re innocent, then you can start share your solution with an already hurt community. Bytheway, Terra didn’t harm only Terra community, you caused irreversable damage to whole crypto ecosystem.
Your job is to recover ppl losses then go rehab.

1 Like

This is a bad idea and if any of the team knew the plan in advance, extremely exploitable. It’s quite possible that some of these traders could 10x while most of us lose a large fraction of our holindgs.

1 Like

return full money to retail, initial capital is the best way