Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

what about if you realize that if there was no buying pressure ust would have gone to zero asap.

1 Like

this makes sense actually

every wluna has an associated luna on terra’s L1

@dokwon plz confirm <3

Pathetics mathematics…
Yesterday U were so optimistic on your tweets… that many people did follow U and did buy all day long… and now they will be rewarded with 100% loss (I do talk about people who don’t have wallet and use Etoro, etc…)
U R a bank robber like The Clash did sing

3 Likes

Please think about the people who provide luna ust lp in each chain, don’t leave them behind~ I provide LP with a value of 70K USD~ Because both luna ust become worthless, lp returns to 0. This is all the money in my life! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

3 Likes

Hey Do

Appreciate your writing. Gives some hope

Question for Osmosis.zone users:
What is with LUNA and UST on Osmosis.zone?

I have LUNA and UST in a pool on Osmosis.
I had to watch it decrease and I was not able to do sth because of unbound time.

Any hope? I lost 100k there. I’m fucked.

I genuinely cannot believe people are considering defending the speculative token (that effectively acts as equity in a bankruptcy) that was diluted by several orders of magnitude instead of the advertised savings stablecoin (that acts as debt). Unfathomable.

This is a bad plan. It will likely never come to fruition because it sounds like Do has left it up to you guys, and you guys will never reach consensus. No VC fund will touch this (a fund that was discussing a $3b investment with TFL pulled out, because who wouldn’t?) so there will be no capital.

The best we can hope for is that LFG grows a voicebox/conscience and refunds small aUST holders who lost their life savings.

I am very disappointed that after 3 days of deliberation, this is what you come up with. A LUNA investor came to your wife’s house and threatened her. Do you really feel you have no responsibility to protect your own life? The lives of your family and employees? Your buyers, many of whom have already killed themselves? Do the right thing.

13 Likes

Dokwon, respectfully, your proposal is unacceptable. The Luna buyers in the crisis period believed very much in the Luna project, offered liquidity and are part of the Luna community and had their finances decimated as well. I particularly bought $200,000 (USD) and the value disappeared equally to pre-crisis holders. Another thing is that the Luna token is available for everyone to equally buy and make the best average price and rise in value with the market. It is not fair and right to reward in these terms the inertia or current disbelief of the former holders of Luna. Believing when there was only good news is not as valuable as believing in Luna when there is only bad news. Please review your point of view, understand the other points of view, make calculations and empathize with everyone in the Luna and Crypto community, each with their responsibilities, actions, lack of shares and opportunities to buy Luna token at the price level current to average price formation and rise with the market.

3 Likes

There will only be 1B Luna Tokens now, the tokens will be distributed as he mentioned. In Luna tokens, not ust, usd or anything else.

He doesn’t care cause he is a billionaire my friend.

2 Likes

I 200% agree, all the whales that ran for the door and had the most opportunity to save themselves and destroy the little guy should be severally penalized, anybody that bought Luna while it was above 1 cent? to try and keep it alive should be rewarded with what the whales are getting per Do Kwon above, why do the evil assholes get rewarded, and the good people get shit on?

2 Likes

If the de-peg was caused by an attack, then the attacker(s) now have more funds than they did prior to the attack through their short positions on LUNA and/or BTC. Whatever this new Luna chain is, it needs to be capable of defending against the same attack but with a more well-funded attacker.

This needs to be discussed and agreed upon by the Luna team/validators prior to talking about re-distribution of the new Luna.

1 Like

2 billion dollars wouldn’t be able to do that. And with the lack of trust now in the mechanisms that was proven to be flawed not even 10 billion would do it, it would just pump and then people would use that as their exit liquidity to never come back. LUNA in it’s current state is dead.

2 Likes

brother i Bought LUNA at 25$ i put my life savings in LUNA now i am in huge loss . but i believe in you you will come back stronger Soon and make the Luna Decentralized .

I like this

This is a good proposal. I think you need to fork to past point, with “TFL backing the fork” and then have the goverrnance vote.

With a fork, it would seem that current non-forked token would match the Cexchange listings now. IBC between new (forked) and old chain should happen.

Rules that would be good for the unforked (or no fork at all alternative) would be to stop/pause the luna minting, and let UST(classic) be used to buy Luna(classic). Burning Luna for UST should only occur when Luna value > UST value. This is still defending the peg, but defending it much cheaper, and at a lower price, than current/past 2 day policy. The case for the fork, is that objectively in hindsight, defending at $0.50+ turned out to be a massive policy failure.

basically, if stable UST-USD exchange rate is 0.01, it can make sense to buy if there is a reasonable prospect for it to hit 0.02 instead of keep going down.

So, I agree there needs to be a fork, but the unforked version will and should live on. Stability there can be achieved by Luna getting proped up in value by UST falling. Or whatever governance decisions are made on the unforked version. Fork is needed for “original governance vision”. IBC bridge between the two, could be one way from “unforked version” but allow newLuna to be held on both… or just auto-rename when IBC transferred.

why external funding we are back to 1bn luna building from L1

brother i Bought LUNA at 25$ i put my life savings in LUNA now i am in huge loss . but i believe in you you will come back stronger Soon and make the Luna Decentralized . .

1 Like

I think the last UST tick should be 0.99 or 0.995 USDT, becaus of volatility. Essentially 0.99 is a normal volatility for a stablecoin and not a depeg in fact. 9th May the LUNA supply was 343M, which is not far from its usual supply before the event.

1 Like

i like your idea so much!
this is the most fair - distribute proportionally to holders, taking into account the money invested by users in the purchase of LUNA - since the hyperinflation of LUNA in 1 day made it possible to buy 1 million of tokens for $1000 in the morning and same amount for $1 in the evening
all logs are onchain or on exch

2 Likes

I think this post, from Staking Rewards, captures a lot of what went wrong (while having some more pointed criticisms).

Any network survival is better than no network survival. But why is the UST not being retired at $.15-$.20 on the dollar? This is how any sovereign debt restructuring would work.

A snapshot based rewind of time will destroy confidence in any future algostable that Terra launches. Everyone will remember that bottom fishers were fleeced. It will end Terra’s algostable potential, and throw away the hard earned lessons.

1. The price paid for growth was way too high.
  2. The off-chain UST listings were a huge mistake
4 Likes