The only way that i can think of that the chain can survive this

Hello everyone and stay strong.
This is my first time posting but i have been a user of the ecosystem for a while. Having read DoKwon’s survival plan suggestion i agree that a fresh start might be the only solution in order for the people to get some of their money back and the ecosystem to survive.
If the new token is to be given based on the percentage of money one held at the time of the snapshot i believe that the percentage has to be higher for people with less money and drop as we go higher. This in my opinion shows intent of trying to take care of the community which essentially this whole ecosystem was created for. While also avoiding the existence of whales who can manipulate the ecosystem.
Creating a fair “airdrop” has worked wonderfully for many projects in the Cosmos ecosystem. And i believe if the same logic was to be applied here many people would actually hold their tokens and not dump them and new investors might think of it as an opportunity to buy a project that has shown to be successful, with no whales and decentralised at a cheaper price.
And my last suggestion and sorry to say is that DoKwon can’t be the head of any version of a new Luna not because he lacks the ability but because there is no trust in him personally from the majority of the crypto people st the moment.

2 Likes

No fresh start needed!
idea: limit UST → LUNA minting to a reasonable % of LUNA Market cap! pls reflect

it would provide slow exit liquidity to ust holders & restore the peg without overburdening the ecosystem

the main variable becomes time!

1 Like

I thought about that, too. Shouldn’t there be 3 - 4 billion BTC somewhere to get this started?

1 Like

The situation is really strange, Do’s proposal is an imitation of doing something, and shows weak leadership at the moment.

@Leila_Karlsson Yes there should be reserves in BTC. @kmn and no fresh start is not needed, It would be even better for ecosystem if current crises would be resolved, It would have passed stress test and would have more trust as a result, but to do that there needs to be leadership resolve, something that we don’t see right now

@A15335599 I think it can be resolved. There IS a market for the Luna / Terra and a lot of people want the ecosystem to continue. The problem is you will not find 11bn usd for the ust right now. Making time the variable (i.e hard capping how much ust can exit as a % of luna tokens x luna supply) would solve this issue - every ust holder would get his usd back but with uncertain timing.

don’t see how any significant change will/can be done without someone pooling/pushing the changes.

Dear All members,

Principles of this plan is on Justice & unbiased approach to solving the problem.

Keeping emotions aside, Please stop thinking about your own loss for a minute, just stop. you’re not the only one - let’s think about justice & a way for all & not just ourselves. There are countless investors who were butchered by this event mercilessly. Many have commited sucides, Many might in the future. May god save all of us. so please stop giving bullshit proposals which only serves the side you are on.

Like many, I have lost 100% of my life’s savings ($60K dollars), nor I have a job to go back to. I am literally on the brink of bankruptcy & going to Jail (I owe a big amount to my brother-in-law as well which was wiped out by this event). So if he sues me, I am going to Jail. I have failed my family & 3 kids.

People who have fled with their Terra investment in slight losses (be it Luna, Tust, etc) - congratulations to them on making the wise decision. Many, including me were overconfident. People who are stuck with any form of Terra coins/token in their portfolio - are the ones we have to think about in terms or revival.

It is such a stupid - stupid argument when anyone in terra community tries to pick sides by distinguishing LOYAL set of users/investors OR Before the attack or after…etc. Well, what do investors have to do in order to show their commitment to Terra other than putting their hard earned money… Open our heart with knives & show it to you, for you to believe??? or your logic is… their hard earned savings doesn’t matter to you coz they invested 1 week ago & not 4 years- so it’s not essentially your faul but theirs as they trusted Terra??? You cannot quantify emotions/logic/Loyalty here, we all were fooled. I am sorry you just can’t or should even try to. What matters here is, money was rekt & most importantly people’s lives are now devastated & needs help and healing.

The proposal below aims at minimizing damage in a just way for all & not just me or you. Do not focus on the value of coins or tokens before depeg/after or distinguish small investors vs big investors, UST holders or LUNA, etc. wouldn’t you agree - They are all biases based on which side you’re on? Remember, if you bought LUNA at any price level $119 or even at $0.5 - 99.9% loss will give you the same results & losses. Same with Tust.

The right & fair question to ask here is: How much capital did users invest that they have held till the very end? how much do we have in LFG reserves & How much of it can we compensate with our new plans & systems in place?

Let’s use on chain analysis (minus individuals who are out of the system & are not at further risk) - we can simply check user’s capital investments & decide at level of reimbursement which can be made. if it’s 30%, 40, 50% - whatever that % is - will help everyone equally. All soldiers who faced the attack with bravery…held their investments till the very last minute, meeting the death of the investments - should get fair & equal treatment.

Again before replying, be honorable & don’t think just about yourself & the side you’re on.

now I see what you mean! Yeah you are definitively right about leadership. Our only hope is that the ones invested most push the matter forward…