The Sanest Compromise - Combining the Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan and the FatMan Plan

Wow! Well done ser! Im a LONG term Luna holder and have it staked for nearly 2 years!
I would happily vote for this.

Enjoy your cruise…youve earned it :wink:

9 Likes

Currently the Terra blockchain is operational, shouldn’t they be allocating even a small emergency percentage of all those tx fees towards a reserve fund to compensate UST holders? Anyone else agree?

6 Likes

Sounds decent!

This is probably the best idea so far that incorporates and refines all the pros & cons of all the previous ideas!

I agree to every word posted.

6 Likes

Ser, Terra 1.0 is bankrupt. Why would anyone buy equity (Luna) in a bankrupt project and take on 100% of the existing debts (UST)?

Terra 1.0 is ded, fren. Time to chart a path forward. This will likely mean a big haircut to UST holders.

2 Likes

@plebby I had originally proposed that. If there isn’t enough to make people whole, I proposed UST holders can deposit UST into a lock drop and a percentage of the swap fees generated by the network can be used to buy USDC to retire the debt.

The current swap fee wallet has 1.2B UST in it, but at $0.20 that would only be $240M and probably less if you dump it all at once to exchange it for USDC.

Here was my proposal if you’re interested in reading or finding the swap fee wallet: [Proposal] Comprehensive Go Forward Proposal

2 Likes

Thank you ser! Everyone else it’s pretty much this or nothing. We’re never going to get a perfect deal. But this takes into account all who we’re affected. This is our only chance to have a chance at saving the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Much appreciate your time and effort putting together a sensible and well thought out proposal. This would be an amazing outcome IMO. Of course there is a lot of questions still outstanding on what happened with TFL and LFG with regards to the funds they hold and their willingness and ability to contribute to Luna V2 revival.

1 Like

UST holders should not just get x amount of compensation and that’s it. I think it’s a great plan that Fatman laid out to compensate smaller holders at 250-50k per wallet but to only compensate that much is not acceptable as there are going to be large funds that were holding for multiple people etc… that need a chance to recoup those losses. Every wallet on every chain should be eligible for a refund up to a certain amount and then there should be a plan in place to workout compensation for what cannot be covered. For example if it’s 100k or 250k per wallet and people have a wallet with a million they should get some kind of payment in USDC in the future based on fees from terra 2.0 or the ability to accept equity in the new chain at a discount, something along those lines. To flat out not pay people in UST anything above a certain amount cannot be accepted and will not work in any circumstance as the largest bag holders are going to be the ones with the most voting power anyway.

7 Likes

i agree on those that bought after deppeg but we are not speculator for selling at a loss after days of no communication & no peg comeback, when binance announced the delisting it was stupid not to sell, we should be refunded the missing part & other who holded 100%

Well articulated proposal but 50k hardcap is too low… the cap should be function of how much rescue fund is available

6 Likes

The quicker this gets figured out away from the courts the better so assets are not detained and this becomes and even longer term mess.

1 Like

Guys join us here: https://twitter.com/LunaRestitution

@CryptoBill

1 Like

I agree. 50k cap is ridiculous @ .50 to the dollar. I am with the 1:1 starting from the smallest wallet up.

Snapshot at .9 depeg may work so we can wash out the sellers for the 10% which would save lots of money on the refund.

If they sold for 10% loss, not bad but if they take a pic at depeg for everyone and then we get .50 back we are all worse off, especially the little guy.

Pic at .9 depeg so most ppl got .90cents to dollar on their choice then work back from there with the 1:1 refund.

If those who sold complain about the 10% … cost of doing business and they made out guaranteed…. We who are still here are fighting for our money while they are sitting on it right now.

7 Likes

@CryptoBill i suspect part of the reason @dokwon has been so quiet on where the BTC is is because there are so many potential claims on it (Jump, UST holders, TFL investors) there will be a drawn out legal battle over the remaining funds.

Sad, but ironic that in a chain that championed decentralized money the lawyers, the big investors, and generally the suits will probably wind up walking away with more than UST or LUNA holders.

3 Likes

I do not agree with your third point. Investors that sold after the de-peg should be compensated in some sort of way, whether it be buying back UST to exchange or refunded the difference that the lost. I held a good amount on Anchor ($50k+). I sold a few days after the de-peg, as I waited due to Do Kwon’s promise to make it right. As I saw this was not happening, and as UST was being flushed down the toilet, I had no other choice but to protect my life savings. I took a huge loss. Those of us that sold after de-peg should not be punished any further. He basically led us to the slaughter house.

6 Likes

those who have received an amount of usd lower than the ust they kept before the attack (wallets bigger than 50k?) should receive a percentage of luna 2.0 tokens as an angel capital

1 Like

Crypto_Inquisitor-- Is that the case? Did someone from the team decide it’s gone and not share that? Have you seen books that it is bankrupt? Then that would be news that all need to know right now!!!

It’s still trading! Why can’t the Team spend money on a burn? Why can’t they implement a trading tax % of some amount to acct for the funds to burn?

If it is 100% gone, then the leaders are really screwing people for the last 4-5 days. If they already decided to walk and not tell the community they have bigger problems.

The community and the market would charge higher with a plan.

3 Likes

Even if they spent money burning, the extreme amount that has been minted will never be reallistically burned anytime soon. And also; why will we benefit the speculators that bought thousands of lunas at these prices oportunistically in case they recovered (unrealistically) the project from here? Those supporting the burn are mostly the ones who threw few bucks to get thousands of inflated Lunas.

2 Likes

Great plan if you want a forked coin worth 0.000000 with no liquidity, no demand, hated by all of the ct community, not listed on any reputable exchange and the core team locked up for fraud

6 Likes