Addressing unstake time issues

Summary
People may have the need of unstaking quickly, especially in periods of turmoil.

Motivation
Development should be easy as the percentage is easy as the variable of the remaining days is available in the unstaking windows.
Adding a button with UNSTAKING NOW would be easy, unless there is some other issue that prevents this from working properly.

Proposal
My proposal is to take advantage of the staking time to increase burning. Each day corresponds to a 1% burn. This means that I could unstake immediately, if I want, burning the 21% burn-fee, and every day the burn-fee will decrease by 1% until 0% after 21 days.

1 Like

One of the reasons why most of my assets are on Binance :sweat_smile:
Unstaking period
Although Binance has a terrible staking percentage

2 Likes

21% is far too low to instantly unstake. More appropriate would be double that. 45% for instant end stake and 2% reduction per day

1 Like

45% is too high then no one, even those who have needs will ever use it. If I have to stake 1,000,000 LUNC I will never unstake with 450,000 LUNC fees, remaining with only 550,000 LUNC.
In my opinion is too much.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be a deterrent. It’s meant to maintain governance security

1 Like

I do not agree with 45%, otherwise, no one will use it so why do it

1 Like

I thought the whole point of the 21 day waiting period was to prevent a run on withdrawals and ensure liquidity stays solid. If everyone can instantly withdraw the moment the coin takes a dip then there will be no liquidity remaining. However, I do recognize that individuals sometimes have immediate needs for funds. I would say something like an immediate 15% loss off the top regardless if you want the coins in 1 day or 20 days and then and then 1% per each day faster. Such that for instant it would be 45% but for 10 days it would be 25%.

1 Like

For me 21% is still too high. Bearing in mind that I don’t support the idea of ​​locking assets for x amount of time.

which makes some prefer some networks more than others. And the reason why the largest amount of my assets are in those networks.

1 Like

Agreed. It should be much higher than 21%.

1 Like

The 21-day staking period is fundamental. It should never be decreased or- if ever - with high penalty.

2 Likes

there are blockchain with 0 days, 3 days and 7 days. 21 days I do not see it necessary. It’s excessive. I could say even better than this.

72 hour. No more no less.