[Blockdaemon] Update on the Infrastructure Proposal for Community Pool Funding

Hi Terra Community! We wanted to update everyone and be transparent on timelines for all of the deliverables on our infrastructure proposal. For reference, the original proposal is here: https://classic-agora.terra.money/t/infrastructure-proposal-for-community-pool-funding/320

Here are the updates for the upcoming deliverables:

Relaunch of the Terra Validator - May

Grant Milestone 1 - Transactions & Balances and RPC Endpoints - June

Grant Milestone 2 - Streaming - July

For some context:

For timing of the grant deliverables, we want to first focus on making sure that everything is in place for the validator before moving onto grant items. With that in mind, the first milestone - RPC endpoints for the community - will be delivered in June. We then plan on a fast follow-up of milestone 2 of streaming in July.

With each roll out, we will be amplifying our support for the Terra network on our website and social channels as we complete the above.

For contact person updates:

Katie DiMento

[email protected]

Please let me know if you have any questions and really looking forward to supporting this great network and community!

1 Like

Hi Terra Community, We are currently still in the QA process for the RPC endpoint milestone. Certain updates are taking a bit longer as we make sure it is functioning properly so from a timing perspective, we are looking at the roll out of the milestone in the beginning of July. I know this is something that has been asked for so will keep you posted on additional progress!

1 Like

how’s this going?


Hi Terra Community, I do apologize that we haven’t shared an update in awhile. We have been making progress and working on the milestones as well as maintaining our validator for the community. For the first milestone, we also included the ability for the cluster to auto-scale. We have been running additional tests making sure all endpoints will work as intended so users can have the same experience as if they spun up their own node (but better).

We debated on releasing as a beta to meet the milestone timelines but didn’t think that was the best experience so that is why we’ve continued to test in-house to make sure it works out of the gate properly. We are also load testing as well, again keeping the community in mind to have the best experience. After these pieces get sorted, streaming can follow - these pieces just have to be in place first.

1 Like

have you got anything? any ‘proof of life’ to show any kind of progress?
it’s been 9 months since you put your proposal up after all.

1 Like


would like to know how it goes right now

As an update as I know many have been asking, we have been testing out everything on testnet after the recent update, and are prepping for the mainnet update - This is all so we can run performance tests and be able to post these metrics.

Please stay tuned as we will roll this out soon!

1 Like

Do you have any potential platforms that intend to incorporate blockdaemon. I remember voyager sending out an email about it to customers.

Curious about getting native terra assets in the hands of voyager customers.

Also is anchor protocol yield going to be incorporated into blockdaemon offerings as far as integrations go?

I think its not unfair for us to ask for delivery at this point, ready or not, you are several months behind your own deadlines.


Thank you and understand the frustration with the delivery. With the most recent rollouts over the past month, there has been instability and syncing has been very slow. The last few weeks we needed focus our engineers on making sure we could avoid node crashes and doing updates so with some more stability, we will be able to provide a more accurate update soon.

7,278 LUNA was handed to Blockdaemon on Feb, 23, 2021. That 7,278 LUNA was delegated to a validator, earning Blockdaemon staking rewards for 6 months before Blockdaemon even launched a validator node, essentially pure profit on top of the value accumulation of LUNA. The LUNA was worth $50,000 when you received it. Now it is worth $331,000. Delivery of service, a date set by Blockdaemon itself was for May. We are now 5 months passed that date.

At what point do you call this exercise pointless and return the funds to the Terra community? I think setting a date for completion and delivery of service or return of funds is fair. The Terra community has been more than patient, we deserve better than “wait just a little bit more” each time we ask for a progress report.

More so, nothing will ever be perfect in Terra due to the speed at which it innovates. The longer you wait to launch, the further behind you put yourselves. Launch and deal with the issues as they come.

To be clear, I will not be backing down from this moving forward.


Thank you @somethingelse . Frustrating.

Recent events have shown we need this type of infastructure, and disappointing that the community’s attempt to address it feels wasted at this point.

1 Like

I really do apologize and your concerns are heard with the delay. I will share an update next week so that we can resolve.

Forgive me for being skeptical but these same promises have been made to me through email when I had to ask that we be given a public update(the only reason this thread exists) and the Terra community for months now. Its time for action, not a simple update. Release a beta version now and promise to supply us with this service for the next 2 years as retribution for months of service lost/delayed that harmed our ecosystem and prevented further growth or refund us. Its time for Blockdaemon to own its mistakes and start rebuilding trust with the community if Blockdaemon gives any care at all about Terra or its own reputation.


Next week? How is this acceptable? You had a self imposed deadline of May. It’s Nov. Now you can’t even give us an update for a week? That does not sound like concerns being heard. It is concerns being ignored.

With the most recent rollouts you can’t keep up? Instability & syncing?

Our extensive experience across protocols lets us expertly monitor, repair and replace nodes where protocol level errors may occur. For any protocol updates needed, we look after these in advance so you never see any disruption in service.

That is a quote from your website regarding the Terra blockchain. Terra - Blockdaemon: A Peer Reviewed Third Generation PoS Blockchain.

This is unacceptable.

Hey Everyone, We have been actively working on HA Terra load testing and making a lot of progress since the latest Terra update. We have been hitting the cluster hard to find the limitations. Below you will find our last result set of simulating 900 users over 30mins on Terra LCD endpoints.

Here are the highlights of the results:

  • We had a 99.47% success rate on being able to fulfill request made to the cluster and will continue to work to improve this number!
  • During our testing 95th percentile of our test took around 6 seconds to complete. The majority of the calls did not use static dat during testing.
  • We were able to make a total of 698252 total request in 30 mins which gave us an average of 381.557047 request per second
  • We will be disabling tendermint rpc due to the known oom issues, and will re-enable it once those are fixed ([BUG] memory fragmentation · Issue #592 · terra-money/core · GitHub and [BUG] Memory usage increases extremely fast · Issue #585 · terra-money/core · GitHub )
  • We will have the endpoint available to the community Nov 15. if we feel comfortable with it earlier, we will absolutely post it earlier!
  • We are also in discussions for ways we will be giving back to the community so will share the plan here too.

1 Like

Thank you so much for hearing us and posting this update. It is good to know that things are progressing and we look forward to hearing your plans and for Nov 15th!

1 Like

Hello Katie -

It is Nov 15th and we in the community are very excited to hear that you have an endpoint ready for the community to use! Please feel free to share the great news.

Excited to see what you have for us