Joint L1 Task Force Q2 Proposal with Amendments

A big Yes from me for this!!!
Be careful with this RABBI, he is here to take over lunc and destroy this precious LUNC.
Don’t fall for him, look how frustrated he is.

12 Likes

Gut_Daddy sees Zaradar is gone and asks how long will the lead developer position be vacant, we don’t know their credentials or anything.
Sloppy very sloppy proposal.

Gut_Daddy will vote NO with VETO until the full roster is filled.

6 Likes

“It would be good if a code of conduct was developed regarding social media.”

No, I realise it was suggested by Happy the other day in his podcast, however reflecting upon it afterwards I think it would be unworkable for several reasons:

1. It would be disciminatory against certain members of our community. Why ban L2TF members when others in the community including those beneficary to community funding are free to go rogue on social media.
    I am speculating but it may infact be illegal to do so in certain countries to ban a person rom accessing social media outside of work hours
  2. Some of the L2TF members have other day jobs in which the use of social media may be mandated.
  3. We are potentially going to have a hard time filling vacant positions if we impose restrictions that are unacceptable to some people. Are we also going to enforce doxxing as well?
1 Like

Can’t you argue about something without insulting it? How do you manage to be so toxic? What kind of sentence should we make for those who use this insulting language? just discuss and give your feedback.

**you also like this insulting language. Is this how you solve problems? @Mpowski @mr.baboon @BasedTorontonian @Spartacus @Steven_K @jlc92 @Sam_Toll @RabbiJebediah @chakramedia ** :man_shrugging: :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Of this ~$115k budget ~$80k is allocated to roles which are either vacant, filled by unnamed people, or nontechnical. I’m other words approximately 70% of this budget is unsubstantiated.

We need to vote NO WITH VETO on this. Terra Classic is doomed to fail if proposals which are essentially “give us your money now and we’ll figure out the details later. Trust me ;^}”

All the moonbois in this thread need a serious reality check.

11 Likes

Looks great. Investors are ready to see this move forward.

My recommendation to the members of rabbi’s hit squad is to build bridges not start fires.

If you are invested in lunc’s future build genuine relationships with the members of the current lunc dev team and find where you fit in. Influence the chain through cooperation instead of antagonization.

13 Likes

Although I think this has been a well thought out proposal, i think some clarity is needed on if Superman is actually MIA.

Also their are a few developers ready and waiting so i would ask have these potentials been spoken to in terms of fulfuilling vacant positions?

I had collated community feedback to write some potential recommendations and had also approached the team in putting in some type of code of conduct to ensure that previous issues do not arise again - was this taken into consideration at all?

Thank you for your time

4 Likes

First of all, the community pool is running dry on funds.
Now of course, Tobias known as the “sick man of LUNC” has been removed. And that’s a good thing.
However, @LuncBurnArmy is trying to still pass this proposal with unspecified Junior Devs - probably fill his pockets, 15K to manage 2 people as PM - fill his own pockets. Superman MIA but still on the proposal? Unspecified Main DEV - is this a joke?
@LuncBurnArmy is like an animal that is d/ying it knows it’s on its last breaths and it will push aggresively for more and more incoherent/shady proposals like this one.
Word of advice @LuncBurnArmy if you want to improve your relations with the community I suggest you returned the unearned 21$K from your Q1 Grift with Toober and apologize.
NO With VETO.

10 Likes

Agree, :100::+1::+1::+1:

8 Likes

Finally no Ziggy and no Ai chain. 100% YES.

7 Likes

@LuncBurnArmy

Define Part-Time for us…

How many hours do you guys actually do for the salaries you command.

It’s pretty vague when you put ‘Part Time’ and ppl have been seen on Twitter tweeting instead of working.

Where’s the code of conduct?

You guys seem to think that a Developer in Developed country and Developing country should be paid the same amount?

Why not pay accordingly depending on the cost of living in that country?

You could save the community a fair bit of money if you tried not to be so lazy in your recruitment practices

That’s why people outsource to Developing countries where it’s cheaper to hire. As long as you pay the going rate for that country the remuneration package is fair and acceptable.

Either ways, hope this proposal passes.

You need to be a lot more transparent in defining how much people are making per hour
and how many hours they are putting in to this project…

It makes sense to hire full time developers rather than part timers who moonlight across
several roles.

2 Likes

Hi Jebediah, this proposal is significantly better than its first iteration. The removal of Ziggy and AI side-chain and some other things was significant for me.

I don’t know the exact situation with Superman, but if he’s still being included in the revised roster (albeit with a mention those who don’t return will be replaced), I think there is some confidence in him returning soon. An official comment would be helpful.

Yes it could take some time to get a suitable lead dev, we could lose some time there possibly, unless a suitable one appears quickly.

Yes having Frag and Vinh who were part of Q1 is an important asset to finish Q2. This shows they are still with their current team and not yours at this time. I believe the current L1TF are giving it a last shot for this prop to get passed, otherwise they will pack up shop and prepare for a handover to possibly your team (if the community approves) in the alternative, see below.

Going for the prop without the lead dev spot filled is a legitimate criticism. About the junior devs I believe a similar clause was in the Q1 prop, which ended up being re-purposed to fund a single new dev, so that was helpful then.

Steve’s 5k is reasonable with a full roster of 4. So far they have 3 listed (need an official comment on Superman’s status). They could find the lead dev quickly or it could take time. 5k to manage only 2 devs would be questionable.

I do not know enough about how the OPEX budget was used in Q2 to judge on that.

In my view this is an earnest final attempt to secure Q2 from the current L1TF which has incorporated some of the significant feedback given.

I’m not against your proposal, there are pros and cons involved, and it is a real alternative. I’ll be considering my vote over the coming days, and any new information, on this and on your prop. Regards.

7 Likes

Can you point out exactly which aspect of this proposal looks great, because I’m not seeing it. Spare us the platitudes and actually address the concerns people have brought up instead of waving them away as baseless attacks.

5 Likes

I see your points but most orgs have social media policies. If there’s PM then part of the team management process could incorporate a policy where social media posts don’t bring your team/business into disrepute.
As a layman in blockchain but not in managing I’m looking for professionalism and expect professionalism from my team. I look at all the agora posts for example on this thread there as some great points by members but the use of language against other members leads me to believe they have bad intentions and are unprofessional. Good conduct is the mark of professionalism and will build more trust with the thousands of members of the LUNC community.

I have seen people lose their livelihoods for social media postings it shouldn’t be an accepted norm to allow an anything goes attitude.

1 Like

why dont your supposed team work along side the l1tf its been said over and over there doesnt have to be 1 dev team, why not put your money where your mouth is and have your so called team work pro bono and prove themselves to the community, or even self fund themselves to show the community ?

6 Likes

Lots of one phrase replies with new accounts totally organic. Good use of shills @LuncBurnArmy! A+
@PacoPaco what is so great about this proposal. And no calling other people with questions trolls doesn’t count as an answer.

5 Likes

No it is not. How many hours of work per day do you think it takes to “manage” four people? Serious question.

$5k/month translates to a $60k/year assuming a typical 40hr work week. Not a horrible salary. However, I guarantee you Steve is not putting in 8hr days “managing” a few devs. My guess is he’s probably working less than 10hrs/week, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actually 2hr/week.

For the sake of argument, let’s say he works an hour a day or 5hr/week. A $5k/month salary now translates to ~$250/hr.

Absolutely unreasonable.

NO WITH VETO

9 Likes

Just to clarify do you mean gross or net pay.

Not advocating for higher or lower pay, but for the sake of clarity all pay is gross that CP funds.
Each individual is liable to pay and/or report the taxes if applicable.
Each individual is liable to pay their own insurances from it.

Net outcome or hourly net is whatever they are left with or how they handle these funds.

4 Likes

Actually, there should be a manager who will be responsible for everything and will supervise the developers and look for new or permanent ones who are in L1. Of course, he should be paid handsomely for this and on the other hand the community as such should know who he is. The same applies to the developers. Without identity there is no trust and we don’t need people we don’t know who they are and where they come from. Paid people who are paid to do this should act under their identity. They take money from all of us and we pay them for it.

Regarding the proposal, it is obvious that you are trying and you have made changes, but what if this happens after another tap? We can’t allow this to happen again.

Regarding pay > I would suggest 50% up front if it passes and 50% at the end of the period if the proposals you have written are met. Of course, it can happen that there will be some coplication and the development will be slowed down, but nowhere do you get money in any other work in advance.The work is interesting what you have written, but where is the guarantee that this will happen.

However, in terms of investors and attracting new ones, the lunc needs to have a person who will run the whole thing and the community will know who it is, who is running it and who we as a community are paying.

A “YES” vote from me :+1:t3:

Though would love to see some cooperation. Since we have an alternate team ready to apply for L1 positions, why not just expand the team.

• less work load
  • more brains on deck
6 Likes