Joint L1 Task Force Q2 Proposal with Amendments

Please shut up. You are just bashing the lunc community.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

1000% support this! Those saying the costs are too high have never worked in software development before. Letā€™s move forward, reach parity, and continue building! :clap:

10 Likes

From what I heard I think it was from an AMA that LBA works more than 20 hours a week, so if we take 20 hours as a minimum itā€™s $62.5 per hour. Itā€™s a good rate but not excessive for an experienced project manager over 4 devs (assuming the full roster), with the possibility of up to an extra 2 junior devs. Youā€™re welcome to your own view.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no reason to have a project manager for 3 people. We needs devs not empty suits. If we were a 50+ dev organization sure. But this is just money down the drain.

9 Likes

Iā€™m not asking what you heard, Iā€™m asking what you think. Steve is financially incentivized to fluff his work so he is not a reliable reporter.

Do you think Steve is actually working 4hrs/day?

4 Likes

Most of the profiles supporting this half-baked proposal literally joined Agora todayā€¦ It really makes you think :robot:

10 Likes

So we found out only 2 days ago that Superman was missing for the past 6 weeks. This was said by the then lead developer Tobias Anderson.
On several amaā€™s there have been a back and forth between Demonmonkey and Steve( Luncburnarmy) about the TGF and L1JTF knowing his identity. There has also been talks on those amaā€™s about there being an active warrant out for Superman,
Superman being under L1 is a contractor for TGF and was paid through the TGF.

superman

So apparently you and TGF know who he is and have been in contact with him and until clear statements are made youā€™re paying a known fugitive, this is aiding and abetting just so you know.

6 Likes

What the fā€” is this??? WHY SHOULD WE PAY A PROJECT ā€˜MANAGERā€™ 5K? 5K!!! ?? To manage 2 remaining devs??? Is this a joke?? April fools ended last week.

7 Likes

I would appreciate if @ek826 is contacted for this. It may be a small interview or suggestion.

2 Likes

Applaud the timely release of this revised prop taking into account the critical nature of continued development without unnecessary delays. However, a separate spend prop should be structured if and when replacement for lead dev is procured. Furthermore, would it be improper to request a disclosure wrt the identities of the junior devs?
In all fairness that is, especially taking into account balance of L1TF is doxed.
Otherwise, all appears satisfactory enough to warrant a YES vote.

4 Likes

Yes for me , lets go

6 Likes

The rabbi is a psychic and a trickster. Be careful.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

This plan was abandoned by Rabbi, he never got the acceptance from Till and Vihn

2 Likes

NO WITH VETO!!!
@wagnerdalcin @Bagah @tarikmandal and all the others affiliated with this OBVIOUS cash grab has been reported to authorities. As prophet tobias once said - See you in court, gentlemen.

3 Likes

Think he means Zorro and Ragepie.

But agreed Superman shouldnā€™t be in there, can make a separate proposal if he comes back. If heā€™s still there then we should be made aware some how.

Personally I also have an issue with June budget. A lot of ā€œresearchā€ and thumb twiddling tbh for a months salary.

Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s not important but is that really worth a full months pay when weighted against the earlier months? Two items are basically benchmarking and asking for more money again.

Also Re this mystery entity who will be taking Zaradarā€™s role, if we pay up front now the community doesnā€™t really have a say in who it is. This could result in Zaradar being crowbarred in through the backdoor. Not saying it will happen or this is the design but the community deserves the vote.

Re: LBAā€™s salary, I would be interested to know how many hours he actually does logs and notes of the work done tbh. $5k p/m is a lot and without context shouldnā€™t be waved through. Not saying he doesnā€™t deserve it, for all I know he could be critical to the movement but outside in, it doesnā€™t look fair value tbh.

TLDR:

Should have separate props for the senior developer and Superman when the time is right.
Rework June as it doesnā€™t seem value to me.

I donā€™t think that word means what you think it means. :joy:

True, Frag and Vinh stayed with LBA/TGF. Thatā€™s their choice, theyā€™re free people.

Hereā€™s our updated (v3) team, budget, and plan:

$7,500/month for Bilbo Baggins x 3 months = $22,500 overall for Q2
$7,500/month for SolidSnake x 3 months = $22,500 overall for Q2
$5,000/month for NotJoshC x 3 months = $15,000 overall for Q2
$5,000/month for MangoChutney x 3 months = $15,000 overall for Q2
$5,000/month for ChopstickSensei x 3 months = $15,000 overall for Q2
$5,000/month for Jacob Gadikian x 3 months = $15,000 overall for Q2

Total expenditure for Q2: $105,000, paid out in 2 installments!
(or 853,658,536.585365 LUNC at a conversion rate of 0.000123)

So as you can see, weā€™re both cheaper and better staffed than the non-existant ā€œteamā€ from the OP full of phantom ā€œjunior developersā€ and with 0 leads. All they have is 2/2 (Frag & Vinh). :man_shrugging:

More info about our prop can be found here: Expanded & Finalized L1 Task Force Spending Prop for Q2 2023 [v3]

4 Likes

AMAZING! community spoke, you listened. Great revisions. IMO this is now perfect 100% got my vote!

Anybody slating this prop either has an agenda or needs to give their head a wobble, we need this, L1 is the team to deliver! Whats not to like :muscle:

8 Likes

Donā€™t make me laugh!!! Iā€™m not afraid of you or your baseless threats! Shalom

You would be surprised how many investors donā€™t know or care for Agora.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.