Joint L1 Task Force

This is exactly what is needed right now, a small team with no political agenda. The community should respect Tobias’s time and allow the devs to just get on with it and not bombard them with requests for information. Communication via the committee should be regular and via consistent channels. If we can’t trust these guys then the community has no hope of revival and we should all sell our bags and give up.

2 Likes

Thank you for your hard work.
Your plan is very impressive, but we have to look back on when the core development team first appeared last July.

According to their roadmap, the development project for USTC RE-PEG should have already started. However, now even the idea doesn’t exist.
A number of proposals have been made to Agora, but the Core Development team is thoroughly ignoring those ideas. I wonder what your plans are.

USTN plan has faced community opposition due to the mint issue of Coin. starting development with 60% reserve is hell In the era of 100% reserve FUD. If you force yourself to start USTN, the LUNC will disappear into the background of crypto history.

Zaradar’s commodity coin plan is a trick to make it look like it’s only been pegged at $1. It’s meaningless if you don’t retrieve all the USTCs to our pool.

The development team knows best that just keeping the LUNC and keeping up with the pace of LUNA development doesn’t mean anything.
What is the difference between LUNC without USTC and LUNA?

I want you to listen a little more to the needs of the community.
Vegas and TR quickly fell because they didn’t communicate with the community. They have only given one-sided notification to the community. And they lost the trust from community.

The community now admires you as hero, but they can turn cold at some point.
Listen to what the community wants. The community wants to hear hope. You have to present the USTC REPEG plan they want.

6 Likes

Do decentralized communities have leaders?? :thinking:

I agree in principle but would be interested to see the answers to some of the questions raised by the following community members.

,and

Also,

How will this work? Mr. Tobias shared a few words in a tweet but didn’t reach the core point. The question at hand was summed up in this tweet response to him by a community member:

4 Likes

What are you doing for the community LUNC?
If you can. You should. For salary of a Doctor.

1 Like

It all sounds good. But I have a concern about Zaradar (Tobias). He had mentioned several times that he makes 12k per month as a developer, plus 20k+ as a consulter. Anyone who works in the industry knows it’s bullshit. Either you work as a developer or as a consulter. You can’t do 2-3 things at the same time. A consulter earns about 180$ per hour, but this one does only that and nothing else. Why? Because you have to prepare and this takes time, a lot of time. Besides, he was a developer in DFDS, very doubtful that he earned $12k, more like 3-4k. If he hadn’t let out such nonsense, I wouldn’t care, good work should be rewarded, even more than 12k. But now I have my doubts.

3 Likes

Would be amazing to see Ed Kim take over as CEO. Ed is an amazing leader. He is a very highly respected in the community, very professional, experienced and skilled! No doubt Ed will be the right person for the job!

3 Likes

I’m not sure which market area they you are referring to, but in New York, devs can go as high as 20k per month. Most devs I know make at minimum 200k+. They are working on a billion dollar project, they should be asking for $15 to $20.

5 Likes

Dear Ed,

Excellent proposal as always, thank you for your time.

However, I am disappointed that we are still pursuing 2 chains rather than merging the Terra Classic and Terra chains and keeping LUNC, LUNA & USTC as currencies of the merged chain.

But I guess there’s always hidden agendas because that would be the best way to bring the Terra community together.

It’s a bit like why war is a profitable business rather than making peace with the enemy…

At the end of the day it’s always about $$$

So as everyone makes more money for having 2 chains, sadly the idea of merging the chain hasn’t taken off yet :pensive:

You’re asking for c 1b LUNC but being paid the equivalent of dollars.

I know Tobias has 2 other jobs. Consultancy and his day job.

So I want to ask is this $12.5k per month a full time post where he gives up on his other work commitments and works on the Terra Classic project exclusively ? Or is this on the side him moonlighting?

As always I respect the fact that you have put down that you are not doing this full time… and reflecting that you have other roles so can’t justify a full time salary…

You have my respect for the way you think and present yourself.

It’s important that we have people who are EXCLUSIVELY working on the Terra Classic project

I’ve seen what happened with the Terra Rebels when they got funding so I’m very much interested in protecting the community from being sold the dream and people helping themselves to the community funds without showing transparency of their time commitment to the Terra Classic protect.

Same goes for everyone else you have listed on your list…

I appreciate you listing all the work that has been done so far.

But it would be great if you can break down who put in the hours for each part you listed.

I ask because @reXxTR in a post asked this question about @Zaradar as to how much he actually does? and in return I asked you exactly that question…

How much does he actually contribute? In between his consultancy and full time job?

I’ve seen @ek826 do a hell of a lot of work for Terra Classic and someone who has led this community with humility. I haven’t seen the same with some other people… who promised so much, but delivered very little… I’ve been following this project very closely for months so know what was promised and what has been delivered so far…

The re-enabling staking, opening up new Validators and tax burn implementation wasn’t actually much work because these were just tweaked and re-enabled.

I say this because a few blockchain developers pointed this out to me as to how many lines of codes were changed.

I know Jacob has done a lot of work as the unsung hero of Terra Classic… security patches, IBC re-enablement so he is definitely an asset to the team and community… I like his style!

So going back to the c1b LUNC

If the price of LUNC goes up… does the individuals get paid in the equivalent LUNC or fixed at the price of current value converted to USD

I just want to understand how the payments will work.

We are all familiar with people carrying other people yet claiming the credit…

So let’s be a lot more transparent to the community.

There was so much promise at the beginning about how we will take out LUNC and Repeg USTC but I can’t see in your proposal any such thing in the foreseeable future.

So someone hasn’t delivered their promise… I’m sure you all know who I am referring to. The same person who said there will be no MINTING whilst they are representing the community… I see a lot of minting going on at the moment…

It’s all about upgrading a chain and fixing it over the next 3-6 months…

NOTHING in this proposal is about decreasing LUNC supply or Repegging USTC solutions…

So in summary…

I am excited that you are putting in a Blockchain development team.

But disappointed that this proposal is just about maintaining the chain to reach parity when there’s a chain called Terra already all singing and dancing… that could be used and in collaboration with TFL look at ways to reduce LUNC and repeg USTC…

c1b LUNC therefore is being wasted on Recreating the Wheel…

10 Likes

I love it, and you absolutely MUST get paid for your efforts but just one small concern re the line
‘Adjust ante handler to send 50% of “burn tax” to community pool & 50% to treasury burn wallet’. If there is another way of payment rather than taking from the burn I would be so into this. Regardless I’d probably vote yes. If someone with more knowledge than me can explain I’d appreciate it.

2 Likes

I am an accountant for Oxy and have experience in admin. Would love supporting and covering the admin work

2 Likes

I as a sailor earn 1.5-3k a month (almost without studies) my brother as a doctor (5 years of career) 1.5-2k a month.
I agree? no… it’s unfair but that’s how the world works… I know people without studies, with only commissions they earn 8-12k a month or MORE… tourism sector in Spain.
Imagine the technology that moves billions of dollars

2 Likes

Thank you Ed for the clear goals and budget. Fully support. We are lucky to have you guys.
Should your new team / task force require a website, that is my trade and happy to volunteer a website at no cost if its needed, just let me know.

2 Likes

Now Thats a friggin proposal. :pray:t4::pray:t4::fire::fire::fire::+1:

3 Likes

Let’s go! Full support from community I think.

It’s a deal of the century do get development so cheap.

3 Likes

Thanks @ek826 i strongly support this and will be voting yes and speaking to validators to get it approved.

The oversight committee is a good touch, bridging the educational and institutional gap we talked about on discord!

A question though if I May though:

1. It doesn’t seem like there’s a date for Cosmwasm v1.0.0 update delivery. Do we know when this will go live?
2 Likes

You are calculating salary, not the total cost.
If we paid salary, - we would be on the hook for taxes, insurance and benefits.

Those are lump sums and each individual has to pay their own taxes, health insurance, all other benefits from that amount.

At given amount - the cost is actually a lot cheaper than employing these individuals.

3 Likes

GO GO

Retrieving functions is something everyone associates with value. due to past references.

Recovering the function, the main team, is something that is already accepted by everyone. It passes without any friction.

The trail was well marked, we just have to look, and focus on recovering functions, and optimizing as much as possible.

It took a while, but we’re finally getting it.

• Now the important thing is to stop behaving like a third world country.

Where:
Power is related to bad management.
And money is related to self-enjoyment.

The ecosystem to thrive needs to work on these two elements.

Power is for doing good things.
And we shouldn’t be afraid of him.

And Money serves to ignite growth.

It’s important to do a serious job with the community so that the 99% of users, who have nothing to do. waiting for RESULTS, don’t just be in a critical position.

We can all be useful in this recovery, consider building, or simply spreading the message that the TERRA CLASSIC ecosystem is still alive, and we now have a DEDICATED core team.

Ed, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to talk to you.

You know that the work you are going to do For the common user, who expects RESULTS, it can become an invisible job.

That’s why most were not looking at the importance of this work in the right way.

My experience is that, over time, if we don’t do the right job with the community, some waves of criticism will rise again, and the criticism related to Power and money will not even disappear.
There are many cultures, many different references, ED.

I, with an independent team, can do this work.
That will save you a lot of time, for priorities.

I’d like to talk to you, so we can align a few things.

*Whoever is able to communicate in different languages ​​and wants to help in this work of contact with the community, can send me a message on twitter @PlayerPeterLu

Note that this is not a team job that ED presented, and as such will not be paid, because the priority is the vital organs.

This is an opportunity for you to be useful.

I’m waiting for you!

A Merry Christmas to all.

2 Likes

Well said. Looking forward to 2023.

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic.

Gets my full support.

2 Likes