Promote Chain Utility via Establishment of the Terra Classic Grants Program

Awesome, i am in

2 Likes

Thanks Ed. @ek826

Can we as a community understand how the organizations below that you are involved with differ from each other, in terms of their function and goals/agenda?

• Foundation for Terra Classic Grants Program
  • Terra Rebels
  • TerraCVita

My concern is imo most people only have the mental bandwidth to identify and support one entity.

If a validator, whale, exchange or anyone wants to donate for a cause, seeing all three organizations having their separate donation wallets will surely complicate things.

2 Likes

This is great Ed, you’re the best, you, zaradar and Marv… :heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire:

1 Like

You are awesome, lunc community is fortunate to have you at helm.

The another thing is. How’s the method to recruit the program manager? It was 50% budget go to program manager which is important part. How to make it transparent.

Ed after the six month period of funding how will this foundation access future funding? Can their be an application fee to provide funding to the foundation so we aren’t always digging back into the pool to sustain?

Can you provide ideas within the proposal? Can the funds be distributed via smart contract that requires milestone completion for funding release?

1 Like

I was thinking after the 6 months, there would be proof of work. I would probably come back with an extension proposal (maybe 1 year long) with evidence of success and justification of additional funding. The milestones would be checked by either a Program Manager or myself, and the funds would be in a multi-sig wallet that we would need to sign off on to send to the grantee.

7 Likes

I would be okay with that if, in the one year period there was evaluation of costs. Plans for how the foundation would fund itself. whether that be through application fees, or by receiving a fee from successfully granted programs. Just some way to keep it running and funded without forward grant needs.

From my experience with business grants they usually want to see forward revenue projections as well. So that should be part of the standard grant application.

You’re familiar with military grants and SBIR’s I presume so maybe we could follow a similar set of rules for phases.
Phase 1 funding- proof of concept
Phase 2 funding- refinement for market based on lessons learned
Phase 3 funding- seed funding for “ready to market” type thing.

Also within your proposal how much does your grant cover 100 percent of funds needed or will there be sweat equity as well? Any information along those lines would help

1 Like

TerraCVita role is primarily to be a central promotional and educational organisation for the TerraClassic chain from which it can galvanise the community and showcase TerraClassic across the globe.

As part of this it provides resilience interms of maintaining infrastructure such as hardware back up to the end points, and archive nodes, but also development and quality control of code.

2 Likes

Sensational Edward! You are our Man. We’ll support you. Thank you

1 Like

And that is why you are someone I trust :pray:t4:

Your morals and transparency are important for this community to succeed

It turned into a circus

Love the proposal and I’m glad you are bringing in institutional proven, transparent methods for the betterment of the community

Well done Ed, this is true leadership

I honestly find it so weird that the (TRs) worked for free all this time to bring back the Luna Classic Blockchain and now since they said they need to get paid for their efforts all sort of stupidness comes out of the woodwork. When I look on Twitter it’s obvious that it’s people who have a hidden agenda or are jealous for not being part of the team anymore are the ones who are causing the problems. Which other Blockchain offers community members so much information and power to determine what happens to it? Which Dev team shares information to the level where we are all informed and are even going as far as to vote on what happens; give input; suggestions; vent frustrations; but still the (TRs) contuine to work and find new ways for us to reach our goals. LUNC community it’s time we support these devs 100% bcz we cannot expect to reach our goals without sacrifice. I bet if they just did their thing and hardly communicated with the community things would be better and we would be some zombie investors buying LUNC and hoping it reaches atleast a $1 ASAP! The FUD needs to stop and the FUDDERS need to be unsupported. Great work as usual Ed!!

2 Likes

I’m starting to dislike (he writes as an investor) what is happening with this community, dramas, negative comments etc. People who work on the project must be paid. People who are not involved in the project in any way are employers and people who work for LUNC are employees! Let’s get it over with. This is not volunteering. Good luck ED! Thank you.

1 Like

I think we have to improve things NOW, how to run a Lunc governance. Governance without leadership, it becomes anarchy. My “proposal” is to form a Leadership , of the brightest minds, answerable to community and for the community.Even We already have great minds, Great volunteers devs TR, The “Leadership”, in consultation with Lunc leadership, Directors, Managers, Devs and Stakeholders, would be responsible to develop proposals to achieve LUNC goals. Wider community can suggest, discuss/debate and in the end vote on proposals. In case to avoid all this disorder, cacophony and acts of bad intentions, we have to structure and reframe the project. I also suggest that we tidy up and clean up the voting tool, “proposals” to avoid vote manipulation by validators and others. The voting tool is a key element of governance and the future of Lunc.we need to have official communication channels like TG, Discord, TWT ect… because now everything is confused with different tiny groups who claim to represent Lunc AKA.
Therefore, please Edward, make a budget proposal worthy of a restructuring as it should be to implement a strong team at the service of the LUNC community. The Lunc community pool has reserves of over 90 Million dollars, which is more than enough to make Lunc a success story. Thanks

3 Likes

Great proposal Ed! This looks like something I can get behind. Liking the transparency here and also that there will be Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that zoom in on the needs of our blockchain. Proof of work as you have written down is a must, if the community hands out a grant we must be able to hold the receivers accountable. Thank you Ed!

1 Like

Excellent idea, thank you for it, Ed! Often the discussions are about funding and how to get it. I think the vast majority of users would be in favor of the suggestion that we deduct a percentage amount from staking rewards. For example, 3% of staking on Terra Station would bring tens of millions of LUNC into the community fund. Not only would no one object to this, but it might also motivate other LUNC holders to put their coins into staking, as this would support the utility of the entire blockchain and thus increase the value of LUNC. It would be like paying your child’s tuition.

Hey!

Sounds cool, however dont forget to support projects like LunaPunks and LunaBurningKnights(they already building a P2E game too)!

1 Like

I think this proposal is excellent!

How if minting 1 USTN from burn $1 ustc/lunc…
10% of 0.2% tax Will be allocated to peging ustn

This is just what we needed to encourage on chain growth. Very well thought out. Thank you for all of TR continued efforts!! :heart::muscle:

1 Like