Promote Chain Utility via Establishment of the Terra Classic Grants Program

Great proposal ed

I think there should be stipulation in place to be vetted first through demonmonkey etc.

Lot of scammers will come to try to take liquidity from chain.

How will they be chosen ? validator and developers are obvious, but community members and users from what criterias ?
Iā€™m guessing that, from the ā€œroundtablesā€ the RFP will be written, so iā€™m wondering during the roundtable, needs will be a voted ?
How will the voting power be distributed between stakeholders ? ( stakeholders are for me everyone around the table : community members, validators, devs, users)

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Thank you.

Big Yes :metal:

1 Like

Great initiative Ed. A no brainer ā€œYesā€ from me

1 Like

Excellent idea! Was long overdue.Thanks, ED and TR team!

1 Like

Big, YESā€¦! Hope this proposal moves forward to vote ASAP. @edk208 @Zaradar and @Vegas should be the leadership team and of course layerā€™s of responsibilities cascaded to Devs and other talented Rebels. United we Stand #LUNC #USTC.

1 Like

Thank you edk,you said it allšŸ”„

1 Like

I often follow your posts and I think you deserve to be the Director of this program. @ek826

1 Like

Please can any one explain this part in a simple sentence for me to understand?

This is good . I fully support it!

1 Like

In a Nutshell.

Ed is pretty much screwed as he is in essence connected to several groups.

He will announce any conflicts of interest.
He will abstain from any decisions.
He is also stating that if he is a co-contributor to a funded project, he will receive zero funds.

This doesnt cover how his words could and will influence peopleā€™s perceptions and voting outcomes.

IMO, not entirely fair for ED, or anyone else doing the heavy lifting.
I understand and acknowledge his predicament.

Perhaps an incentive rewards program based on the success of funded projects is also appropriate in this situation.

2 Likes

Hi,
ā€œFurthermore, once the funds are voted and distributed, there is no accountability for the projects or teams to deliver what they promise. A pay by milestone model will provide enough seed capital for the project to get started, and incentivize the completion of that project or proposal.ā€

Projects will need to accountable for the project they promise to deliver. Perhaps 50% funding, 50% on project/milestone completion. Projects should be reporting via a standard weekly/monthly reporting structure, including S-Curves/resource & costing forecasts.

Proposals can be placed into different funding proposals. For example proposals can be tailored towards either start-ups, extension to existing approved project, established projects requiring funds to expand services.

Although your expertise is appreciated, I believe, the Community should vote on who the governance committee positions are, including Project Director, and allow other community/non-community members to submit their resumes for positions. To allow the program to start I suggest you may be interim-PD until governance is in place and committee voting is complete.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate!

Okay, but thatā€™s not sounding good at all.

Will he get paid for his work, I am sure yes? I believe his team of other group will understand the rules that comes

Well done Ed :pray::clap::pray:

Full on-board Ed

I donā€™t think $68k will cover much and think you should request for more funds but otherwise 100% support :slight_smile:

He mentions that it is round 1 of funding. That should be enough to cover the intro. A second round as expenses become more clear with a path to lay out how funds can be gathered to be self sustaining for the second round down the road would be okay

power must be by vote of the entire community and not the leadership or a few. example (validators) with absurd voting power that leads to monopoly.

I would only give part of my staking rewards to be burned and not to give money to anyone.

You do realize that these are funds to develop LUNC and make it more useful? This will increase the usefulness of the chain and increase the burn rate. Think of it as a worthwhile investment.

1 Like