[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction 💊 [PART I]

One idea how to limit the minting of new Luna:

With respect to the target limit of Luna tokens, let’s say 10b (number is arbitrary), 1 new Luna token can only be minted as long as 2 have been burned previously. That means, while Luna tokens are burned using the tax, the number of UST tokens also can slowly decrease. When the number of Luna tokens is below 10b, there is no limit on minting new tokens (until we reach the ceiling 10b Luna tokens again).

I feel this is a better way to limit the minting process compared to using market caps because measuring the market cap depends on external sources, i.e. different platforms have different prices, resulting in different market caps.

From my point of view, I think they dont want any burn or remedy for LUNC because they hope everybody to switch to new Luna.

But I think what will happen, it’s two deadcoins…

3 Likes

Who cares what “they” want? We get to vote.

1 Like

Everyone was shouting for votes, but there weren’t many votes in sight.

I think we need to support burning, especially since one of the exchanges is already on the side of the community. The author of the topic, add the same proposal to the vote. Perhaps the validators were busy with the new network and could not vote. We need to try again.

2 Likes

Mind f4rt moment: How about when MCAP LUNC < MCAP UST
a) there is a (progressively) higher tax implication for UST transactions which is translated into funds moved towards a LUNC “rebalance/re-peg pool” (used in reverse for the stabilization of UST once MCAP equilibrium is achieved)
b) a pre-agreed LUNC “burn flexi zone” (i.e. 50-100B tokens from the baseline circulation supply) is activated with a burn rate proportional to the MCAP difference propping up the LUNC MCAP. Once equilibrium is achieved they are minted back into the circulation supply also progressively until we meet the baseline circulation supply
c) All of the above

Can we not ask other big exchanges to follow Mex’s example of voting poll to burning trading fee in order to decrease Luna supply? Therefor we can bypass the validators?

[MEXC x LUNA Recovery Plan Voting Poll Result Announcement ]

Dear users, The voting poll for the MEXC x LUNA recovery plan has successfully concluded. After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community, MEXC is pleased to announce that we …

The voting poll for the MEXC x LUNA recovery plan has successfully concluded.

After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community, MEXC is pleased to announce that we are the first centralized exchange that goes above and beyond to initiate the LUNA recovery plan.

Over the past 2 days, we have gathered 12,948 valid votes and gained a 98.49% support rate to burn LUNA to decrease LUNA circulation on the secondary market.

1. MEXC will provide transaction ID proof showing the transfers made to the official burn address on a weekly basis.

MEXC x LUNA Recovery Plan Status Update
BURN Amount
|2022-05-26 — 58,423,888.68 LUNAC
|2022-05-27------- 78,984,757.30 LUNAC
|2022-05-28 ----- 71,204,609.31 LUNAC

MEXC will utilize the actual trading fee received from the [LUNA/USDT ] (Now renamed to [LUNC/USDT spot trading pair to proceed with secondary market buybacks on a daily basis. This plan will last for 1 month, starting from 2022-05-26 to 2022-06-26.
*2. Terra has officially provided a LUNA burn address.MEXC will make arrangements to send LUNA tokens obtained from the secondary buyback of LUNA to the official burn address specified on a daily basis.
*3. MEXC will provide transaction ID proof showing the transfers made to the official burn address on a weekly basis.

DAILY BURN AMOUNT between 58 - 71 million. If we can ask other exchanges to join we could double / triple the daily burning amount

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound like a bad idea while we’re trying to take ownership of the classic chain…maybe each one of us sends a nice email to their respective CEX for starters :slight_smile:

Hi there I’m doing social experiment here. Building crypto community via word of mouth.

https://twitter.com/crypto_mouth

2 Likes

Friends, a similar vote has appeared

Are we even able to pass a proposal without validator backing?

If anyone knows the answer pretty please enlighten us!

1 Like

Anything is possible in an unregulated market. We are the customers. They are the business partners, we are the right ones.

Let’s write this to Binance and request transaction fee and burning. If there is a pressure from there, they will have to do it…

Hundreds of people can create this pressure.

I wrote my grievance and now I will write that they should do this… They are responsible too, let them take care of it.

"Do Kwon" is LUNC killer

4 Likes

This much burn is insignificant. We need at least 10-20 billions daily burn… more the better.

“Show me the money.” The simplest reason why Do Kwon awarded pre-depeg validators so highly is for 1 SK investor: #hashed (lost over $3.5B). No validators have high #LUNA self-delegation. It’s to repay hashed.

1 Like

Validators detain 75% (the top 20 alone get almost 50%)of the power of vote, this means that without many validators backing a proposal, there is no hope to reach the quorum even if every single user vote and agree on the vote.
the power is in the hands of developers and few validators, the right of vote given to the user is more like a fable told to us to make you think you have some ability to influece a decision… and like you have seen during the fork they follow their plans and nobody cares of community proposals.

1 Like

Staking must be reactivated by terra team.

5 Likes

Decentralized is what Do kwon calls it…yeah right!

1 Like

we have a luna2 “burn club” validator in the process of starting, we miss delegations.
3% fee of which 2.5% will be used to buy back and burn lunc.
also, by staking with burn club, we get more voting power over terra/luna2 so overall it is a good plan
to move forward, until we figure out how to govern/revive lunc chain.

1 Like

Where is the solution

1 Like

This is my first reply in this forum and I love the burn idea for LUNAC.

Currently, Terra’s biggest problem is that they don’t have funds to eliminate excessive supply and this idea of burning tokens using fee in transactions seems like a good idea to me. However I think it could be done even faster using the tools provided by the exchanges (Savings, Staking…) Terra could contact the exchanges and propose burn 50% of the savings and staking rewards. For example:

You have 1,000,000 LUNAC on Binance, with a 6% API staking
After a year you would earn 60,000 LUNAC, well, with this method you would earn half but the other half would go directly to the burning wallet (30K for you and 30K burn).

I think this, together with the FEE system for transactions, is the best way to reduce the supply since you don´t force any user to send the tokens directly to the burning wallet.

5 Likes