[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction šŸ’Š [PART I]

If it is not the best path why does it even exist???

1 Like

explain to me how you sustain half of the volume with taxes.

Not possible.

1 Like

Validators have to vote ,even if there is a no.

2 Likes

Do we have anyone from the dev team looking at this? Itā€™ll be great to have some of the devs weighing in on this.

1 Like

There is even Abstain option XD

CZ may have 51%+ voting power due to high binance volume. Or at least would if there is massive burn.

Heā€™s right that v1 chain will continue existing, and that current exchange token will remain v1.

@dokwon 's fork proposal should be changed to give 0 benefits to current v1 holders. Just original may 8 luna/ust holders. Current v1 holders can get benefits by keeping/improving v1 chain as they wish. Many will hold both v1 and v2 tokens, and thereā€™s no reason they shouldnā€™t be cooperative with each other.

1 Like

The big issue is that a new fork would make almost every investor to go away cause trust is lostā€¦

I know that all investors want their money back , but it will not happen with new forkā€¦thats the worst idea ever, even I consider that a scam if you think with your mind at easeā€¦
Im a medium investor in a lot of coins and if one coin goes down or fall devs have to find the best solution without altering the course to bring it up, it will take months or years to return to its glory but TRUST will be regain.

5 Likes

Iā€™m also against the fork. Salvaging what we have (amazing ecosystem most projects envy) and building new opinion about Terra. Fork will probably kill our chances to get listed on major exchanges.

4 Likes

If every time something went wrong it was scrapped and new one started how would the crypto gain a good reputation and build its self up.

I donā€™t agree with a fork, i do agree with fixing what they have and building it back bigger and better than before and regaining the trust of everyone in the process.

6 Likes

Exacly :smiley:

Here, I bought for 503K from Luna. I put $ 140 and voted for.

https://finder.terra.oney/mainnet/tx/20e126142c40ee3742687106b46568e464ebe6032bc86deff39632c27f4eff3f

1 Like

I just wanted to give a shout out to this proposal for aiming to eliminate bad debt from the Terra economy:

Seems like a step in the right direction to regaining trust.

2 Likes

Applying a tax on-chain swap when market cap of LUNA < market cap of UST sounds good to me.

It sounds crazy, but what about freezing ALL terra transactions but LUNA->UST on-chain swaps when market cap of LUNA < market cap of UST?

• This would be Terra ā€œEmergency modeā€ and just triggered when the ecosystem is on risk, provoking a temporal ā€œplaypenā€.
  • CEXes would be incentivized to apply the tax because otherwise their deposit and withdrawals would be frozen.
  • UST would be converted to a medium-risk currency, and investors should know that it could be temporarily de-pegged sometimes.
  • There would be always people willing to convert their luna to ust by a higher fee, to speculate.
  • If this works, itā€™ll be triggered temporarily in exceptional occasions.
1 Like

Thats why the burning rate can be a function of the circulating supply. As the circulating supply drops, the burning rate drops, until we reach our target circulating supply. We then remove the burning function.

It is formulated in this sheet:

1 Like

Fork includes eliminating UST with rewards/airdrops to UST holders. @dokwon 's proposal is naive in that current governance will not vote for it. First, there must be a fork, then there must be a rewards plan vote, and there is 0 reason to give one cent to v1 holders on the v2 chain. Just holders at the fork snapshot point.

But absolutely, v1 chain should continue existing with governance deciding how to fix v1 according to their interests. CZ having close or above to 51% validation control can/will keep v1 alive. Maybe v1 can give some charity drops to v2 snapshot rekt accounts too.

Either way you can fork and have a new chain if there are enough validators to support it but it wonā€™t go anywhere without CEXā€™s support.

Osmosis went very far without CEX support. As long as there is an IBC path between v1 and v2, or ATOM then there is an on/off ramp to every CEX.

1 Like

Iā€™ve invited them to work on the solution together.

2 Likes

Surely this is the best proposal, the team must take this basis and perfect it.

1 Like

I think so too :smiley: Its not perfect, but a good place to start :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes

So far they havenā€™t done anythingā€¦

Here is the possible reason:

3 Likes