[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction 💊 [PART I]

Added your comment to the main thread as “Interesting comment”. They usually get lost when there are more people talking and you’ve got the essence of the problem in one message.

2 Likes

No negative comments yet. Lets go! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lets do it. Burning is the way to go. Too much supply now

4 Likes

well, I can confirm that supply continues growing.

you can look at https://fcd.terra.dev/v1/circulatingsupply/luna

look again later.

1 Like

But not from UST. If that would be the case you would see much more.

I like this idea, minus redistributing the 1% to previous holders.

While it’d be nice to do that, it could have a negative effect if too many people decide to just waiting on receiving that volume automatically. LUNA’s price is already quite low - we should be encouraging everybody to buy it to increase the value instead of redistributing it for free.

Great idea though - way better than all of this BS about creating a fork.

5 Likes

In my opinion its important to add it as a ‘temporary’ tax. What Luna needs right now is regaining trust and their supporters (most of them lost due to the crash). But that’s for the community to decide. I just want to make this proposal seen by everyone. So it can be considered :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Please comment what you think about this proposal and share it with other people :stuck_out_tongue: We need views!

My fault, obviously no one attack the chain but they attack the alghoritm. luna and ust are linked so they use ust to attack luna. So if u don’t want that anyone else with enough money will ever do again something similar there must be a new alghoritm. no way

2 Likes

it’ll take years because ppl will stop transfer anything and on CEX’s you’re still allowed to trade w/o any transactions.

1 Like

I love the offer, burn 10% on every transfer!

4 Likes

They can also do the buy back and burn the token and also compensate those who still have the $UST.

4 Likes

We will see how it will go

I think Safemoon has it working on some exchanges.

1 Like

I 10000% agree. This is by far the best idea I’ve come across.

Why this works:
Luna and UST are interdependent and work together as a system. UST is able to maintain its peg because of Luna and Luna makes revenue because of UST swaps. Without Luna UST is unable to stay stable and without UST, Luna doesn’t have a product to make revenues.

There is absolutely no point in having an ecosystem where you kill your hero product. This simple solution can avoid the mess (current and future) altogether.

Downsides to this solution:
When market cap of LUNA becomes less than UST, UST will depeg. Some will argue what is the point of UST when it can’t be stable.

The solution to this downside is to position UST as a junk bond equivalent - in other words a riskier debt product. The risk can easily be offset by offering a higher APY compared to other stablecoins to compete in the market. It will become the choice of users if they are ok taking a higher risk for the higher return.

Further mechanics could be put in place to reduce the risk such as reserves, burns, amount of luna that can be minted per x time, etc but under no circumstance should Luna be minted when market cap of luna goes below the market cap of UST.

This seems like the simplest way out of this.

30 Likes

Added your comment to interesting comments :smiley:

2 Likes

I came in to post a similar proposal… I 1000% agree with your proposal. A burning % on each transaction is the only solution that makes sense right now. The burning can be formulated so it starts with 10% and ends with 0% when a specific supply is achieved (e.g. 1b Luna).

10 Likes

:+1: pushing this back to the top to get more :eyes: on it

4 Likes

3 Likes

My question would be. How would that be implemented on exchange (CEXs) like binance, kucoin,etc