[Proposal/Discussion] A space for improvement of Terraswap mechanism

According to current version of Terraswap documentation, Terraswap is using Constant Product Invariant algorithm (x*y=k). I think this is a typical error that trend followers often suffer. After Uniswap had employed AMM using CPI algorithm to introduce DEX system to the world, there has been tons of other Uniswap-ish DEX launched, and most of them just copied the algorithm to make their own AMM. Advantages of CPI are that it is well-know & proven to work, while there are still several known risks and problems unsolved. (Just like we use PID control algorithm in most applications of industry…)

I believe Terra eco system and its users deserve better swap system. A lot of new protocols are launched or preparing to launch in this Q3, and new comers of those protocols with passion and love may disappoint and leave due to impermanent loss induced by severe variability of protocol token price at initial stage.
Some might say that the high reward rate can still give motivation to new comers. Yes, it might be, but we can still get even more benefit by improving the swap algorithm itself.

As of now, I do not have a good proposal which algorithm to be used, but I can attach few links as following:

I hope this article can promote the users/developers to work on better AMM algorithm, so that overall Terra eco system can be improved, thus it can live long and prosper!

Since I am not a native English speaker, there might be some undesirable misunderstanding in my text, so to minimize such misunderstandings or confusion, I write this proposal in Korean below.

안녕하세요? 테라 생태계에 깊은 관심을 가지고 (물론 약간의 투자도 겸하고 있는…) 애정 어린 눈길로 프로젝트들을 지켜보고 있는 유저입니다.
다름이 아니라, Terraswap의 알고리즘에 개선의 여지가 있지 않나 싶어 이렇게 글을 써 봅니다.

공식 문건에 의하면, 현재 terraswap에서 사용하고 있는 알고리즘은 CPI (x*y=k) 방식으로 보입니다. 다른 많은 DEX들이 도입했듯이, 테라에서도, 마치 산업계에서 제어 알고리즘 중 그냥 PID control algorithm 사용하는 것처럼, 그냥 어느 정도 잘 작동하는 것으로 잘 알려진 CPI 방식을 쓰고 있는 것이라 생각합니다.
2/3분기 들어 테라 생태계 내에 새로운 프로젝트들이 많이 출범하였거나 출범 준비 중인 것으로 압니다. 프로젝트 출범 후 초기 단계에서는 (대부분) 프로토콜 토큰 가격의 심한 변동성을 겪기 마련인데, CPI 방식은 비영구적 손실로 인해 초기 사용자들에게 타격과 실망을 주기 쉬워 보입니다. 물론 이를 커버하기 위해 높은 보상률이라는 카드를 쓰긴 하지만, 더 뛰어난 알고리즘을 사용해서 비영구적 손실을 줄일 수 있다면 굳이 지나치게 높은 보상을 주지 않고도 안정적으로 프로토콜을 출범할 수 있지 않을까요?
(그 외에도 테라 생태계 자체에서도 여러 모로 도움을 줄 가능성도 있다고 생각합니다.)

제가 전문가가 아니라 뭔가 새로운 아이디어 자체를 제공하기는 어렵지만, 몇 가지 유용해 보이는 링크들을 모아봤습니다. (링크는 위 쪽 내용 참고)

이 글을 기회 삼아 많은 토론이 오가며 terraswap이 발전하고, 또 테라 생태계도 함께 발전하길 기원해 봅니다.

Should I move this article to ‘Governance’ section to get more attention?
It seems like not many of people on Terra is taking a look on this…