Proposal: Funding for Andromeda NFT Protocol 1.0

Sure thing, so our protocol will allow creators to construct governance logic, financial logic, and legal logic directly into the NFT itself. These aren’t just hashes with owners, but complex “objects” that have characteristics, rules and functionality.

If you’re coming from the “art collector” space, then this probably doesn’t make sense to you. The term “NFT” isn’t synonymous with “art”, it’s a unique object that lives on the blockchain that can represent many different things… personally, I’m interested in seeing the protocol give way to thousands of different types of financial instruments and products.

Does that help? If you’re looking for a turnkey “create something”, this may not be the product for you. We’re just trying to develop the tools and structure for others to use to create value. This is a horizontal protocol from which other products will build the verticals on top of.

6 Likes

Hi! Welcome to Terra ecosystem!

I really hope your project will pass! I already voted Yes on the governance!

I have one question. What it’s your marketing plan for your project? How will you bring the users to use the project? If you can share some ideas, that will be great!

Thank you

1 Like

In the interest of being 100% transparent, we don’t have a traditional marketing plan put together at this moment, but we do have a strategy to bring users to the protocol. We’ll do that by working with other projects in the Terra ecosystem to integrate our protocol with their projects.

We’re also looking for folks wanting to build on top of Andromeda. We don’t see Andromeda protocol as the product your average user will use, but use a project (vertical) built ON Andromeda.

Our concept of NFTs will give way to opportunities and abilities we’ve not seen in blockchain yet. Honestly, I can’t wait to show you guys what we’ve got brewing. It’s going to shift the landscape and I’m so excited to make this a reality.

3 Likes

How is your NFT protocol different than CW721 ?
or does your protocol sit above CW721 to do things like royalties, risk transfer, and DRM style activities?

Are you planning on building wallet support for your token as part of the MVP?

Will we be able to see progress over time, during the initial 4 month MVP, and in future iterations?

Will this protocol be open source? (similar to CW721)

Do you have any more details about what you are building beyond what you have written here?

I am bit confused what Cody the Protocol Manager does right now. The two companies he is a CEO of right now, have websites that are just shells that do not do anything: https://xram.capital/ and https://smartkx.io/. Either terrible websites or companies that do not actually do anything.

1 Like

Petes,

Our protocol/NFTs will enable business logic, financial logic and all kinds of features. CW721 is basically still a first gen standard. We will have enforceable royalties embedded into the NFTs themselves. In other words, the NFT itself handles the funds and assesses the royalties from the transaction. DRM is something we’re looking into, but being that it’s 20 years into DRM and we’ve shown it doesn’t work, it’s a lower priority for now.

We will be implementing a first draft legal framework for NFTs. This will most likely be a very very narrow use case as the legal landscape is massive. We need to be able to demonstrate the technology and get something up that’s usable fast.

Wallet support is something we’re looking into, but it will most likely be in a web interface that interacts with the Terra Station plugin for now.

To your next question about transparency, yes, we’ll be posting updates, probably weekly with screenshots and demos as they are ready. This will eventually reach Github public once the code is in a state we feel comfortable showing.

This isn’t about being secretive, but more not having to field a bunch of questions about design decisions we’re still working on. This protocol will very much be a work in progress during this time.

2 Likes

Pedro,

Thanks for posting. I’m building out the use cases, technology direction, writing tests and generally implementing the vision that I’ve been working on for the better part of 4 years.

As for the background check… XRAM Capital is on ice, it’s been dormant since 2018 and that website will never do anything. It’s a SquareSpace marketing site for the fund I tried to kickstart in 2018.

I have never been the CEO of SmartKx, I was the the CTO about a year ago. That website is also on SquareSpace, so I’m not sure what you’re expecting it to do… it’s a backoffice software suite for RIAs.

I assure you, you were not the target audience for either of those ventures.

NFTs on Terra sounds great! Good luck!

1. Are you aware of any other projects that are currently developing similar alternatives to ERC721? A quick google search brings up Tendermint Ventures to incubate Pylons as flagship NFT chain for Cosmos Would that project be a competitor to yours?
  2. Would you say that your view that ERC721 is extremely limited is widely held?
  3. If so, are there any proposals to overcome these limitations within ERC721?
  4. Is there any possibility that you will ask the community for further funding?
  5. How does the team intend to profit from this proposal beyond the salaries? Would that be related to the token you mentioned?
  6. Are you all in full-time employment? Will you be quitting your jobs to work on this?
  7. Could you give more details on the need for the token and how it would be used?
  8. Personally, I feel that any community-sourced project should be open-source from the outset. You don’t need to “field questions”. You can turn off the issues tracker for the repository.
1 Like

I have to say it’s a reach to go from being mentioned as participating in one discussion to labelling yourself as a co-author. Wouldn’t you agree?

So to be clear the two latest “present” experiences on your LinkedIn are CEO of a fund that never happened? and CTO of a company whose website is not built for me or any customer since all the videos are set to private on what it is you offer, where you don’t work anymore either?

I assure you, this is not a personal attack I am simply questioning whether you are the one to lead $130,000 project.

1 Like

Pedro,

I’m not taking this as a personal attack, not at all. I think it’s prudent for the community to examine where these funds go and what they are used for. Of course, no one likes being ridiculed or scrutinized, but I expected this. No worries there…

Honestly, I don’t pay much attention to my LinkedIn profile. I should update that, I guess. I’ve been tempted to just remove the thing all together as it’s always been more of a pain in the ass than anything.

But let’s disconnect that for a second. The fund never got off the ground, as it was bad timing. I took me nearly 9 months to stand the thing up and we reached the finish line just in time for the crypto-winter/bear market. Timing is everything when it comes to that sorta thing.

I left SmartKx about a year and a half ago (Feb of '20). There is a working product with customers. The website is a back office solution for RIA (registered investment advisors). I’m not sure why the videos are set to private. It’s been 18 months since I was with the company.

The past 8ish months, I’ve been working on different projects here and there. Some in crypto, some in normie applications.

So, aside from cleaning up my LinkedIn profile, which I admit, I need to do… that sorta explains my involvements in those two projects.

C

1 Like

Flipside,

OK, author/creator/etc whatever. I’m not big on titles. I’ll be glad to change that and own up to it. The ERC721 standard DOES NOT mention my name in the “authors” line at the top, so I’ll acquiesce to your point.

I did have a lot of impact on the actual design decisions and discussions where the content for the paper did happen.

Flipside,

I’ll see if I can answer “in-line” with your comment… not sure if it’s going to work with this editor, but I’ll try.

Thank you for the questions, mate. I hope they shed some more light on the project and what we’re trying to do. If you’d like for me to elaborate more, I’d be more than happy.

2 Likes

Ill have to vote No personaly, i belive with Pylon being released within the week, this would be a great addition for Pylons launchpad. :+1:

Dear Community,

Stake Systems is not going to vote Yes for 3’rd parties that have the intention to tap into the community fund, yet. We consider that, currently, the market is overwhelmed with pseudo businesses that promise a lot and deliver low or nothing. The other case is for solutions that are promised without proper market evaluation, based on the dreams of some developers. I do not argue if the solutions are good or not, legit or fraudulent. We will maintain this position until further notice.

Stake Systems

5 Likes

I’m excited about that terra ecosystem NFT project !

Please don’t feel compelled to respond any further to these baseless critiques. You’ve been active in crypto for years, were involved in the first NFT standard, and your idea is ingenious. Your LinkedIn really shouldn’t matter at all. Your speaking engagements and thought leadership in the space would speak for themselves if they had to, but the key point is you should be evaluated on the merit of your idea, not your past roles. You’re probably better qualified to lead a protocol than 95% of the people building today and personally I’m quite excited to see what you deliver.

4 Likes

I think it is a good project. I would to be in the first Comminity from the beginning, so when you make one, please include me. Thanks.

@SuperPhly Excited about this project. I wanted to see if you are looking at ways to address the double spend issue that exist with NFTs? Zenotta Digital System solved this issue with a dual chain NFT. Thoughts on how to set yourself apart from the NFT mania and build something that stands the test of time?

@SuperPhly.

Did you already published the code to a public repo?